Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2020, 08:14 PM   #5371
I'll be back.

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2020, 04:52 PM   #5372
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Gonna have a fairly decent finish maybe....the last leg down was rather weak and we saw a good bounce off of that and the 200 day held. That's a good sign going into the weekend. There was every excuse for people to dump out in fear of Monday. Still lost about half of the gains for the day though. And we are not done selling. I am seeing continued selling for a bit.

Unless something happens I would say start prepping for election concerns.
Such a weird feeling to all of this.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2020, 06:52 PM   #5373
MVP

I still strongly believe that institutional rebalancing will provide downward pressures on equities. To me, the institutional buying at the end of the first quarter explains the sudden recovery in equity prices.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:10 PM   #5374
I got Rice cookin in the micro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
I still strongly believe that institutional rebalancing will provide downward pressures on equities. To me, the institutional buying at the end of the first quarter explains the sudden recovery in equity prices.
can you explain to dummies for me?
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:25 PM   #5375
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonpenz View Post
can you explain to dummies for me?
Basic allocation re-balancing. On a personal level it's large cap to mid cap, stocks to bonds, etc. On an institutional level, it's the fund manager re-allocating to different stocks within the overall portfolio. Once a quarter I look at which allocation is doing best in the short term and adjust. All of it.

Last edited by eDave; 06-13-2020 at 09:32 PM..
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:45 PM   #5376
I got Rice cookin in the micro

I don't know how to word this like a pro but my gut feeling is that the market bounces back too high too soon and will go down. It isn't going to return to covid 1 levels but just a reduction. I had an an account that was down 40 percent and just checked it again and it was back up to what it was before covid. So I am expecting a drop for awhile. I know this is a bunch of bullshit from a guy that lives with his mom, but hey I need to share my feelings on my 500 dollars in a Vanguard ETF
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2020, 02:27 PM   #5377
Mod Team

7 things people who are good with money never buy

1. New cars.
2. Leased new cars.
3. Houses they can't afford
4. Things on credit they can't pay for
5. Luxury goods
6. Lots of "things" or cheap (low-quality) things
7. Expensive weddings

https://amp.businessinsider.com/what...ney-do-not-buy
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2020, 02:30 PM   #5378
Banned

I really want a new car though. Might do it today. If I can find 8 hours in my schedule.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 07:00 PM   #5379
I'll be back.

Looks like tomorrow's going to suck ass.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 07:12 PM   #5380
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
I really want a new car though. Might do it today. If I can find 8 hours in my schedule.
Do tell!!!
Old 06-14-2020, 07:28 PM   #5381
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Do tell!!!
Car. 4 wheels, totes you around. Overall costs are way too high!

I don't know what to get. My Altima has 78,000 miles at 7 years old. Should just dump a few thousand at it for a variety of shit and continue on. But I love having a new ride and as hard as I resist the temptation, I'll lose.
Old 06-14-2020, 07:32 PM   #5382
Colorado Chief Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Why?

You were saying next week is Dollar Bills Yall!
chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 07:35 PM   #5383
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Probably will. We are in a bit of a down move at the moment.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2020, 09:11 PM   #5384
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefforlife View Post
Why?

You were saying next week is Dollar Bills Yall!
Clay has the market instincts of a Dodo bird.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 09:13 PM   #5385
I'll be back.

I still believe it will be a short downturn.

End of this week we'll be back up.