Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-06-2017, 11:27 AM  
MVP

***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****

**** the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 12-23-2017 at 09:44 AM..
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:41 AM   #2296
In Search of a Life

Self and Beard coach of the year

Devonte player of the year in big 12
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:47 AM   #2297
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
Don't really care what the media does or doesn't say about this program, but I would rather not be the first #1 seed that loses to a #16. And I should warn you that if KU is a #1 seed this year, they are likely the weakest #1 seed of all time from a pure quality standpoint. From what we've seen this year, it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that they could lose such a game.

I don't think a #1 will ever lose to a #16 as long as they let in the small schools.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:47 AM   #2298
World's Best Boss

The worst I've felt about a team going into the tourney was the 14-15 team (the Oubre one).

While I feel this current team has that floor, they have a much higher ceiling. They can run with anyone in the tourney, but they could potentially lose to anyone too. Hopefully we'll make it out of the first weekend.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:49 AM   #2299
GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

Quote:
Did I say they would lose? No. They’d be significant favourites still.

But do I think they could depending on the quality of the 16 seed? Absolutely. This team has the normal statistical profile of a 4 seed. If they end up being a #1, they’ll be worse than any 1 that came before them.
This is what people don’t understand. KenPom runs their data based on the year at hand. They don’t have a set standard, like, this year’s numbers will get you this seed, etc. They base it on the teams in that year and you can judge the other teams and years as you wish.

Will the committee ever get rid of RPI?
Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:55 AM   #2300
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
I don't think a #1 will ever lose to a #16 as long as they let in the small schools.
It's going to happen eventually. Not to specifically bring up the Missouri/Norfolk State game to a Missouri fan, but it's just the best illustration of my point. This Kansas team is significantly worse than that 2012 Missouri team and it is quite likely that this Kansas team will end up playing a team better than 2012 Norfolk State (#183 in KenPom that year). If a good #2 seed like Missouri can lose such a game (likely the biggest upset in NCAA history), a bad #1 seed certainly could too.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:18 PM   #2301
Keep Camp Home!

Who cares if we are a 1 or 2. Now if we don't end up in Wichita and the Midwest then we can bitch.
cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:22 PM   #2302
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh6476 View Post
Who cares if we are a 1 or 2. Now if we don't end up in Wichita and the Midwest then we can bitch.
I would rather be a 2 and play close to Lawrence than be the last 1 and play further away.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:24 PM   #2303
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Did I say they would lose? No. They’d be significant favourites still.

But do I think they could depending on the quality of the 16 seed? Absolutely. This team has the normal statistical profile of a 4 seed. If they end up being a #1, they’ll be worse than any 1 that came before them.
This is why it shouldn't have anything to do with how good a team is in their predictive analytics on what seed they can get. This KU team has overachieved. Fact. But since they did, they deserve a high seed. Seeding is about what youve ACTUALLY done. Not how good you could have been.

The committee should also not factor a loss of an injured player, or the addition of a prized player like in ND's situation. You EARN your seed.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:27 PM   #2304

I'm pretty relaxed about the tournament this year.

Most years I would consider winning the Big 12 conference (and hopefully not having a home loss) as pretty good but still needing to make a FF to consider it a great year.

This is down year, especially without Preston. This team winning the Big 12 outright, no shared title, was a great year.

If they flame out of the tournament it won't bother me like years past.

On the other hand, this is sort of team that KU has been upset by in the past. We can probably make it through the first weekend just by not having a bad game. And then this is totally the sort of team that could get really hot from the 3 and beat more talented teams to go deep in the tournament.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:28 PM   #2305
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
I would rather be a 2 and play close to Lawrence than be the last 1 and play further away.
Not me, give me the 1 all day
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:28 PM   #2306
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
I think higher seeds should get home games until the Final Four. That would reward regular season success more and make the tournament less of a luckbox.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:29 PM   #2307

Quote:
Don't really care what the media does or doesn't say about this program,
I don't care a lot. But the media narrative probably has at least a little bit of influence on recruiting.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:30 PM   #2308
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambaBerry View Post
Not me, give me the 1 all day
Remember when we got a #1 and had to play UCLA in Southern California? That was alot of fun.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:31 PM   #2309

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I think higher seeds should get home games until the Final Four. That would reward regular season success more and make the tournament less of a luckbox.
I agree with that. Not that is going to happen.

You can play at home, or if your home arena is too small, you can play at the venue of your choice. "Home" games at Sprint would be fine.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:33 PM   #2310

Actually, if it was up to me, I would let the top, #1 seed pick their opponent. I would do the same thing in the NBA and NFL.