Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2023, 12:48 PM   #13666
Fish are scared of me

Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2023, 06:27 PM   #13667
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Everyone post what stock is your biggest individual holding.

I’ll go first.

PYPL as a long term position started over the past year for me.
AAPL - over 26 years. You don't want to know my CB or you will cry. I really can't sell or else I would pay gains on about 96% of the sale.

I use margin to borrow against it.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2023, 08:10 AM   #13668
Mod Team

Bloodbath!

We might test the 200 day MA if we keep this up.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2023, 09:20 AM   #13669
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Bloodbath!

We might test the 200 day MA if we keep this up.
It's been a painful quarter.
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 09-21-2023, 10:55 AM   #13670
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Have you followed this guy long? At least lately, he seems to post a ton of content all basically touting the same thing.

What's everyone's predictions on a major bull run in crypto happening 12-18 months from now with as large of growth as he's suggesting?
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 09-21-2023, 10:59 AM   #13671
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by myselff77 View Post
Have you followed this guy long? At least lately, he seems to post a ton of content all basically touting the same thing.

What's everyone's predictions on a major bull run in crypto happening 12-18 months from now with as large of growth as he's suggesting?
I stay out of stuff I don't understand, and crypto is something I don't understand.

We had such a great first half of the year. I was hoping we could keep it going. This quarter has not been ideal. But I also think that we can see the code. The Fed raises rates and the market goes down. The Fed doesn't lower rates and the market goes down. At some point the Fed will lower rates and I have a prediction about what will happen. This seems like a good buying opportunity for those with some risk tolerance.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2023, 11:29 AM   #13672
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
AAPL - over 26 years. You don't want to know my CB or you will cry. I really can't sell or else I would pay gains on about 96% of the sale.

I use margin to borrow against it.
How does this work? Is it basically like a normal loan just backed by your AAPL position? Are you just paying the interest each month while investing in something else with the assumption that investment is growing at a larger percentage that the interest rate?
Old 09-21-2023, 04:13 PM   #13673
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by myselff77 View Post
How does this work? Is it basically like a normal loan just backed by your AAPL position? Are you just paying the interest each month while investing in something else with the assumption that investment is growing at a larger percentage that the interest rate?
I usually have cash flow to pay it when due. I never go deep margin. 10-15%.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2023, 04:15 PM   #13674
Politically Incorrect

Also I may margin out some stocks when the market is moving higher across the all stocks.

About 70% of the time my portfolio is growing. Times like this month not so much.
Old 09-22-2023, 02:58 AM   #13675
Rookie

I've recently developed an interest in the stock market and want to start investing. But, I'm not too sure about the age requirements for opening an investment account and buying stocks. So, my question is: How old do you have to be to invest in stocks?
younginvest Loves all of Deberg's threads.younginvest Loves all of Deberg's threads.younginvest Loves all of Deberg's threads.younginvest Loves all of Deberg's threads.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 06:06 AM   #13676
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by younginvest View Post
I've recently developed an interest in the stock market and want to start investing. But, I'm not too sure about the age requirements for opening an investment account and buying stocks. So, my question is: How old do you have to be to invest in stocks?
I don’t know if there is a limit. It should say on the application.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2023, 06:08 AM   #13677
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
You can open an account "in trust" if you are under 18, opened by parent or guardian.

Once you hit 18 you're on your own.
Old 09-22-2023, 06:34 AM   #13678
Veteran

Some poor bastard gave up on life and made a 45,000x return on his investment:

Trader Turns $22,000 Into $10M In One Day: Insider Trading Or Genius In Cisco-Splunk Deal

Unless he escapes to beliez he's going to be spending some quality time in Leavenworth.
seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-22-2023, 08:31 AM   #13679
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonster View Post
Some poor bastard gave up on life and made a 45,000x return on his investment:

Trader Turns $22,000 Into $10M In One Day: Insider Trading Or Genius In Cisco-Splunk Deal

Unless he escapes to beliez he's going to be spending some quality time in Leavenworth.
There's no way that person didn't have inside information.

I don't know the rules about all that stuff, though. If he was just some guy who happened to be in the Starbucks and heard two executives talking about it at the next table, is that illegal? What if he's some rank and file worker and the rumors have been running wild, but he's not in the process. I've always been curious about who is considered an insider and who isn't.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 02:17 PM   #13680
Life is changing..

Quote:
You're officially on my " bot" radar!
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote