Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2021, 07:27 AM   #12106
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I know. I just have to fling you shit.

BTW why are you awake? Aren’t you in pacific time?
Mountain time now since AZ doesn't do daylight savings time. We spend half the year in each time zone. I got up at 4:30 to go to the gym.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2021, 07:30 AM   #12107
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Mountain time now since AZ doesn't do daylight savings time. We spend half the year in each time zone. I got up at 4:30 to go to the gym.
Hell I forgot about the mountain time thing.

Good on you for the 4:30 gym business.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2021, 07:35 AM   #12108
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Hell I forgot about the mountain time thing.

Good on you for the 4:30 gym business.
4 days a week I do that. I don't always feel like getting up but I always enjoy the feeling of working out once I start. I hope I never lose that.

Back to investing. The choppiness of the market makes setups hard to find because with long candles, both green and red, technical entries present with large risk as far as the difference between entry point and where a stop loss would be set.

Some sideways movement, similar to Friday, would be good for the early part of next week as far as traders are concerned. You would see some more consolidated candles and better entries. Most I got invested this week on trades was 30% but I was back to cash quickly and I only took 5 trades all week given the tough conditions. Sit out power is the toughest thing but persevering capital to use for a larger runup is key to super performance.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2021, 07:45 AM   #12109
Supporter

Quote:
4 days a week I do that. I don't always feel like getting up but I always enjoy the feeling of working out once I start. I hope I never lose that.

Back to investing. The choppiness of the market makes setups hard to find because with long candles, both green and red, technical entries present with large risk as far as the difference between entry point and where a stop loss would be set.

Some sideways movement, similar to Friday, would be good for the early part of next week as far as traders are concerned. You would see some more consolidated candles and better entries. Most I got invested this week on trades was 30% but I was back to cash quickly and I only took 5 trades all week given the tough conditions. Sit out power is the toughest thing but persevering capital to use for a larger runup is key to super performance.
Agreed, largely. I haven't looked at a stock chart in awhile, so I don't know what's happening, but the grains have been choppy as all hell. I'd agree that choppiness will wash fools and out and sometimes sitting out is the best strategy for a short-intermediate term investors. I got my ass beat like a bass drum back in 2019 on some corn hedges where I tried to be a ****ing wiseguy and thought I knew what was coming.

I got murdered. At scale.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2021, 09:55 AM   #12110
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Do people refer to you as a genius or a savant? I want to be sure I'm addressing you correctly.
https://youtu.be/ni3AuwlG6dA
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2021, 05:08 PM   #12111
MVP

I haven't went through this whole thread so maybe this has been discussed. But I recently found out my company 401k offers the Roth option so I switched my contributions from this point on.

When I called and switched that, I asked the guy if my plan allows for in service distributions. He said he thinks so and is mailing me something to look at. He said he thinks I can switch ALL pre-tax money to Roth (of course, I know this will be a taxable event)

My general question is, does anybody here have any info as to if that's correct? I know that if the company offers in service distributions, I can do my contributions, but I can't find any info on company match and interest/dividend money.

Any help would be appreciated.
Over Yonder is obviously part of the inner Circle.Over Yonder is obviously part of the inner Circle.Over Yonder is obviously part of the inner Circle.Over Yonder is obviously part of the inner Circle.Over Yonder is obviously part of the inner Circle.Over Yonder is obviously part of the inner Circle.Over Yonder is obviously part of the inner Circle.Over Yonder is obviously part of the inner Circle.Over Yonder is obviously part of the inner Circle.Over Yonder is obviously part of the inner Circle.Over Yonder is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2021, 05:25 PM   #12112
MVP

Through November the amount of stock sold by company insiders (CEOs et al) set a record by a huge amount. And it's only November. December is the traditional month for selling by insiders.

Smart people with information sell, stupid people buy.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 12-13-2021, 08:52 AM   #12113
Mod Team

Is AMC a buy yet?!?!?
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 10:56 AM   #12114
Mod Team

Quote:
Is AMC a buy yet?!?!?
What about now?!?!?!? Down another 10% from my prior post.
Old 12-13-2021, 10:57 AM   #12115
Kind of a mod

Quote:
It's definitely getting into more interesting territory, that's for sure.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2021, 12:48 PM   #12116
Politically Incorrect

AMC STOCK BE LIKE.............

scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2021, 01:49 PM   #12117
Starter

Quote:
Best book I’ve ever read.

Think & Trade Like a Champion: The Secrets, Rules & Blunt Truths of a Stock Market Wizard
How's it compare to his prior book, "Trade Like a Stock Market Wizard"?
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 12-13-2021, 03:01 PM   #12118
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Can you imagine if it can get down below $10 how much volume will pour in??? The float will be bought 10 times over again.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2021, 03:08 PM   #12119
Fish are scared of me

AXXA on watchlist

Last edited by Hog's Gone Fishin; 12-13-2021 at 03:26 PM..
Old 12-13-2021, 04:30 PM   #12120
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
AMC STOCK BE LIKE.............

I’ll take credit. Everything went to shit after I responded to Hog Farmer.