Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-21-2016, 04:17 PM  
Supporter

Solo: A Star Wars Story 2018 Spoiler Thread

http://www.starwars.com/news/donald-...and-alone-film

Donald Glover is officially a young Lando Calrissian!

Lucasfilm announced today that Donald Glover, an acclaimed actor, award-winning writer, and Grammy-nominated artist, will be playing the part of Lando Calrissian in the still-untitled Han Solo Star Wars film, helmed by directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Glover will join Alden Ehrenreich — previously cast as Han Solo — in bringing two iconic Star Wars characters back to the big screen, but at a time in their lives previously unexplored. This new film depicts Lando in his formative years as a scoundrel on the rise in the galaxy’s underworld — years before the events involving Han, Leia, and Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back and his rise to Rebel hero in Return of the Jedi.

“We’re so lucky to have an artist as talented as Donald join us,” said Lord and Miller. “These are big shoes to fill, and an even bigger cape, and this one fits him perfectly, which will save us money on alterations. Also, we’d like to publicly apologize to Donald for ruining Comic-Con for him forever.”

Glover is best known for creating and starring in the critically acclaimed FX series Atlanta (which had the highest premiere numbers for any basic cable comedy show since 2013), as well as for starring in four seasons of the show Community, and for his Grammy-nominated album Because the Internet, performed under the name Childish Gambino. In addition, Glover appeared in the Academy Award-nominated The Martian, and will be seen in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming.

The untitled Han Solo movie is set for release in 2018.

Last edited by DaneMcCloud; 02-05-2018 at 10:52 AM..
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2018, 04:11 AM   #721
Cheaterlover*

As has been said, it’s a really well done film and doesn’t deserve the shitting-on that it’s getting by the media. I think this negative press is fueling the nosedive (see the post above) as people are now undeservedly staying away. It’s a shame because, if anyone deserves firing, it’s everyone who participated in I, II, III, VII, and VIII...
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:30 AM   #722
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Plus, everything Finn did in VIII was dumb. Even dumber than what everybody else did, which is saying something. His entire mission was pointless, stupid, and ended up getting people killed. He should have been spaced the second he returned.

Somebody earlier in the thread said that every time they think about VIII they hate it just a little bit more. I'm definitely in that camp. Hell, it may actually be worse than Phantom Menace. And if IX ends up being more of the same, that might actually become the first Star Wars movie that I don't see in the theaters, because I'll have to hear good things from people, and I mean actual real people, before I drop coin on it. There was a time when I would have never felt that way, and that's sad. It has become clear that critic consensus and even RT audience scores are no longer reliable.

I wonder what the going rate is for a critic to write a positive review of some dogshit Disney movie?
Yup. Finn's arc greatly disappointed. I was rooting heavily for a heroic sacrifice on the salt planet but Rose intervened with her stupid philosophy. Ugh.

I felt the same way. I exited the theater thinking, "yeah, this movie is good." I started reviewing the film and discussing with my brother and I realized how shoddy and agenda driven it was.

I will probably still see IX on opening day because nothing beats seeing an anticipated movie in a full theater but my expectations have dropped.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:31 AM   #723
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
As has been said, it’s a really well done film and doesn’t deserve the shitting-on that it’s getting by the media. I think this negative press is fueling the nosedive (see the post above) as people are now undeservedly staying away. It’s a shame because, if anyone deserves firing, it’s everyone who participated in I, II, III, VII, and VIII...
Solo is, unfortunately, paying for the price for others' flaws. I am just worried the powers in charge are going to learn the wrong lessons from the whole debacle.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:34 AM   #724
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
How it should have been:

Beautiful. I would have clapped for minutes in the theater.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:19 PM   #725
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
I don't think they ****ed it up. Solo was a good movie.

People just finally have Star Wars saturation. The general public didn't need another Star Wars movie six months after the last one, and so they're just not that interested.

It's a shame because The Last Jedi and Solo have both received good reviews. (91% and 71% respectively).

So, this isn't a Phantom Menace/Attack of the Clones disaster. But those films made vastly more amounts of money because Star Wars was a rarer commodity at the time.

Lucasfilm and Disney may have miscalculated on releasing the anthology films at the same time as the main saga films. Solo probably should have been pushed back to December like Rogue One.
Excuses...It’s poor writing.

Marvel has been releasing super hero films on avg every 6 months for the last decade and people are still eating that shit up.

Star Wars has expanded the way people hoped it would. A Solo stand alone film is what people have wanted for years.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:31 PM   #726
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
I can only speak for myself. I actually was going to see it last week but something came up so I didn't. But, I would like to see it. I hear it's a decent movie - other than a few nitpicks from people, everyone seemed to enjoy it. It's just not a movie I'm going to go out of my way to see. Hopefully I'll get a chance on Thursday. If not, I may pass on it until it comes out on digital.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:14 PM   #727
In Search of a Life

Box Office Mojo has Solo taking in less than $3m last night, which is just its second Monday. Rogue One didn't drop that low until its fourth Monday, same as TLJ.

Gotta wonder if Kennedy's feeling the heat.
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:43 AM   #728
Veteran

It's certainly possible. But I've got to imagine that the success of the previous three films under her watch (fan divide, aside) has earned her some breathing room.

Just like the universal success of The Force Awakens shouldn't have given her carte blanche, one bomb shouldn't lose her a job.

But, yeah, I imagine there are probably strategy conversations happening. And I have be believe things are getting tense over there.
Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:12 AM   #729
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn View Post
It's certainly possible. But I've got to imagine that the success of the previous three films under her watch (fan divide, aside) has earned her some breathing room.

Just like the universal success of The Force Awakens shouldn't have given her carte blanche, one bomb shouldn't lose her a job.

But, yeah, I imagine there are probably strategy conversations happening. And I have be believe things are getting tense over there.
Although the last one made money, it did not make the money they were expecting it to make. I don't think Disney chalks up VIII as a blaring success.
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:15 AM   #730
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP View Post
Solo is, unfortunately, paying for the price for others' flaws. I am just worried the powers in charge are going to learn the wrong lessons from the whole debacle.
This is probably what will happen unless someone at Disney puts their foot up someones ass.
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:33 AM   #731
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRichard View Post
Although the last one made money, it did not make the money they were expecting it to make. I don't think Disney chalks up VIII as a blaring success.
I know there's a vocal contingency that agrees with you. I'm not sure I agree with that analysis, though. Even if it under-performed, I can't imagine they're using any other word than success.

But all of that has been hashed out to death at this point. You could be right.

Last edited by Red Brooklyn; 06-06-2018 at 09:44 AM..
Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:50 AM   #732
BAMF!

The only reason I saw this film is because I have MoviePass. Had this film been about Lando I would have been far more interested in seeing it outright. It would have been fantastic to tell the backstory of Lando. Then, upon rewatching the originals it would make his decision to betray Han that much more impactful. Young Han should have always been just a cameo in another SW film.

A small thing that took me out of the moment in the film:
Spoiler!
bowener has disabled reputation
Old 06-06-2018, 12:52 PM   #733
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRichard View Post
VIII bled more than half a billion dollars away from the previous installment, and it pissed off even the hardcore fans. We can be sure that Disney knew that, and that Disney was going to be looking at the impact. And now they see it.

If Disney is smart, Kennedy will get removed from her position, in one way or another. She can't get along with directors, which is costing the mouse big money in adjustments and re-shoots even before the movies come out. She also can't keep her politics out of the movies, to the point where that is undermining both the stories and the financial success. She's killing the franchise. A promotion in name only is probably the way to go.
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:47 PM   #734
I'll be back.

VII and VIII were huge financial successes.

One underperforming, yet still well reviewed film, isn't going to sink Kathy Kennedy.

Everyone will go to see IX and another Ewan McGregor Star Wars film will be a huge draw, especially if Ray Park reprises his role as Darth Maul.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:18 AM   #735
In Search of a Life

Quote:
The Star Wars rumor mill is churning right now and this latest one is pretty big. We have to caution right off the bat that this isn't coming from any official sources, so it should be taken with a massive grain of salt. That said, there are rumors emerging that Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy may be stepping down in September. If there is any validity to this at all, it would represent a major shift not just for Kennedy, but for one of the biggest franchises on the planet.
https://movieweb.com/kathleen-kenned...ilm-star-wars/