Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:19 PM   #2056
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDock View Post
Agree. Does it go in the lounge or DC?
My vote would be DC, but either way - I'm out. I can't do the speculation, worst case scenarios, best case scenarios, death toll, mortality rate, death rate, ventilators in reserve, hospitals being overwhelmed, etc, etc, etc, anymore. I'm going to drive myself into a mental breakdown.

I don't know who to believe in the media when it comes to reporting facts, and that scares me. I remember not that long ago that I believed things I heard on the radio or TV. I got my panties in a bunch because I believed a bunch of hype about Tyreek Hill abusing his son. I felt like such an ass for jumping to a conclusion before having all the facts. I'm not claiming that all media is bad - or have some sort of agenda, but I truly don't know who to trust.

I'll pay attention to my local news, maybe listen to reports by the CDC and WHO, but that's it.

I hope you all stay healthy and well, and I hope your family and friends do the same. See you in other less chaotic threads.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 06:20 PM   #2057
Has a particular set of skills

We can all breathe easily now. Harry Potter is safe.

BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:25 PM   #2058
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
The problem is just that, at some point the upward curve becomes an S. It's already happened in some places. We just don't know when.

New projection just for US cases - using the same method.

I'm not sure if 88k overwhelms the hospital system. But our % of cases that need hospitalization must be really high since we're barely testing anyone.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:27 PM   #2059
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDock View Post
Agree. Does it go in the lounge or DC?
Leave it here and leave the one in DC.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:32 PM   #2060
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Yep I agree. There have been a lot of guys booted out of this thread for posting DC crap in it. It's pretty ****ing easy, if people want to go there, post it in the DC thread.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:33 PM   #2061
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
The DC one seems to have a stronger strain of AIDS.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-11-2020, 06:38 PM   #2062
Beyond the Rapids

on Sirius, they have a free channel set up that's just about the virus. I've listened to it some over the past couple of days, it seems to be an hour or so loop, but they have been updating it with new content every now and then:

https://blog.siriusxm.com/doctor-rad...EW_Coronavirus

(scroll down and click the "click here to listen now" button)

On my radio it's channel 121, but I think that differs by the car.

These are actual doctors talking about the virus, and it's not political or fear-mongering, but realistic factual information. Worth a listen if you're concerned.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 06:40 PM   #2063
Please squeeze

Rudy Gobert got sick and right before tip off the NBA canceled the Jazz-OKC game. Crazy
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:43 PM   #2064
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
why do you keep trying to minimize the situation? There is no equivilancy with measles. It’s not apples to apples.

If a white man, even with Nazi beliefs walks into a church, shopping center and murders many people, most just accept that as life in 2020. Nothing changes. Yet, if that white person was instead a Muslim and a member of ISIS, holy hell and panic would be unleashed.

Same gun. Same number of people dead. One thing is different. Yes, this is a virus, not unlike others. But, it’s not the same is it?
Yeah, I see we're keeping reeruned political takes out of the lounge.

As everyone knew, it's not a moderation thing so much as a squeaky wheel thing.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:49 PM   #2065
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Rudy Gobert got sick and right before tip off the NBA canceled the Jazz-OKC game. Crazy
Was watching NBATV as that happened and was really odd. Good chance tonight’s the last we’ve seen of fans at games for a while.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-11-2020, 06:54 PM   #2066
THE RED MENACE

We have had 3 1 off direct exposures in the last 24 hours here at the US Wuhan virus epicenter. Truth is there is a good chance we will be the first at CP to be exposed and I still couldn’t give a rats ass. Take care is your health and get on with your life.
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:07 PM   #2067
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Yeah, I see we're keeping reeruned political takes out of the lounge.

As everyone knew, it's not a moderation thing so much as a squeaky wheel thing.
I’ve posted more scientific facts about the virus in this thread more than anyone. It’s not my fault your thin skin is triggered by a fact.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 4     Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 07:09 PM   #2068

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post

New projection just for US cases - using the same method.

I'm not sure if 88k overwhelms the hospital system. But our % of cases that need hospitalization must be really high since we're barely testing anyone.
So...predicting a much more explosive outbreak than China, a nation with over a billion people in it. Gonna bet the under.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:17 PM   #2069

Tom Hanks has it.

tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:23 PM   #2070
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I’ve posted more scientific facts about the virus in this thread more than anyone. It’s not my fault your thin skin is triggered by a fact.
My skin's not thin and I actually don't care if you post your reeruned political shit, let alone 'triggered.'

You've definitely been oblivious for decades if you think I want to be shielded from political content. I've been against ghetto sequestration of certain forms of discourse here since the place began.

My point of contention isn't about you posting whatever you want, it's about the mods pretending that they have a 'no tolerance, stop the bullshit or heads will roll, really, we're really tired of it' policy about 'political content' in the lounge, . . . when what they're actually tired of is the squeaky wheels that bitch about 'certain' political content, which makes them convene and make mod decisions.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote