Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:28 PM   #1156
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiStateNo View Post
I paid considerably more for my DPMS AR-10 - but the damn thing is a tack driver. I don't give a damn about that the "experts" say about DPMS - but I know 2-3 other guys who have both the 15 and the 10 (as well as myself) and we all have the same opinion - damn fine rifles.
My original AR is a DPMS Panther Oracle. I think I paid either $600 or $700 for it from Cabellas seven years ago, and it didn't have the quad rail or the iron sights. Kind of annoying that they're so cheap now that I don't need one, but it was, and is, a great rifle.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:21 PM   #1157
Broncos' Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
$400 for a DPMS Panther Oracle with iron sights and a quad rail. This is an amazing deal.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/dpms-orac...m-package.html
Great deal but I question the lightweight barrel. If there's one thing you can't skimp on when building an AR it's the barrel. Go ahead and go cheap on the lower but not the barrel. I'm thinking this is why it's so cheap.
Tombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-16-2017, 08:26 PM   #1158
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Great deal but I question the lightweight barrel. If there's one thing you can't skimp on when building an AR it's the barrel. Go ahead and go cheap on the lower but not the barrel. I'm thinking this is why it's so cheap.
One of the few original remaining parts on mine is the barrel. I've put thousands of rounds through it over the years. Never had an issue.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:36 PM   #1159
Keepin it Real

What kind of raping do gun shops give when a customer is trying to trade a gun?
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:36 PM   #1160
Supporter

Nothing wrong with lightweight barrels.

If you have ever handled a lightweight AR you will love it. Only reason not to go lightweight is if you have to sustain automatic fire for long periods.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:38 PM   #1161
Roy E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
Prison-style rape, no lube.
Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:39 PM   #1162
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Considering how bad it was back when prices were high, it's got to be downright awful now. I've never traded a gun to a shop - all the ones I've sold I've done privately.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:43 PM   #1163
Keepin it Real

I'm trying to sell a Kel Tec RDB to buy a Tavor but I've had no luck. Unless, I want to accept horrible trades from idiots.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:48 PM   #1164
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
I'm trying to sell a Kel Tec RDB to buy a Tavor but I've had no luck. Unless, I want to accept horrible trades from idiots.
Have you tried to sell it on consignment?
Old 05-16-2017, 08:57 PM   #1165
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Have you tried to sell it on consignment?
No. We have one full time gun shop here. If they had a Tavor, I would've tried a trade.

You'd think they were hurting for business. No one is ever there but their prices are usually a lot higher than anywhere. I'm surprised they are still in business.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:06 PM   #1166
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
No. We have one full time gun shop here. If they had a Tavor, I would've tried a trade.

You'd think they were hurting for business. No one is ever there but their prices are usually a lot higher than anywhere. I'm surprised they are still in business.
There's one like that near me. Nice pistol range, but I wouldn't do anything but shoot there. The guys that work there are complete dicks and prices are insane.

But they're about to be crushed. A new gun shop is opening within walking distance of my house (HEAVEN!) and now they'll have direct local competition. I doubt if they'll even get people in to ask directions after the new place opens.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:08 PM   #1167
Keepin it Real

Quote:
There's one like that near me. Nice pistol range, but I wouldn't do anything but shoot there. The guys that work there are complete dicks and prices are insane.

But they're about to be crushed. A new gun shop is opening within walking distance of my house (HEAVEN!) and now they'll have direct local competition. I doubt if they'll even get people in to ask directions after the new place opens.
I wish someone would open a legit gun shop here. Put that place out of business.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:11 PM   #1168
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

http://shootpointblank.com/point-bla...s-coming-soon/

Can't wait! They're nearly done with the shell of the building. Hopefully they'll be up and running by early summer.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:41 PM   #1169
Roy E.

Quote:
Have you tried selling it on Armslist.com, or any other online site?
Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:54 PM   #1170
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Ironically, one of Palmetto's daily deals is a Kel-Tec RDB for $1,000. They sold out, too.