Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:10 AM   #406
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepp View Post
I finally had a spare couple hours yesterday afternoon (pic attached). I ordered the upper already assembled from Radical Firearms. This was my first time building out a lower so it took me a couple hours watching youtube videos. The hardest part was getting those stupid little roll pins in. I need to get some of the specialized tools...the only thing I bought for this was the castle nut wrench. And the Magpul MOE pistol grip was an EXTREMELY tight fit. I don't know if they are that way in general, or just with the lower I got.
Inland manufacturing has been building WWII copies for a while now. Their .30 carbine is available in both the regular carbine and the airborne model (with the wire stock).
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:17 AM   #407
MVP

As an additional - I have talked to several folks that still work in DC. Seems as though the government (in particular the ATF) has went against convention and is keeping registration records that were to be destroyed after 90 days of sale. so, I did some checking on my own and came up with this:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016...un-owner-list/

Now, is it true? Hell, I don't know. But seriously, would it really surprise anyone?
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:36 AM   #408
Keepin it Real

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/575245299

What do you guys think? I've been looking at it for three days now. Barrel is a 1964, receiver is a 1941. Email I got from the seller says parts are Springfield but not matching with a small amount of light pitting on one spot on the bolt.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:46 AM   #409
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiStateNo View Post
As an additional - I have talked to several folks that still work in DC. Seems as though the government (in particular the ATF) has went against convention and is keeping registration records that were to be destroyed after 90 days of sale. so, I did some checking on my own and came up with this:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016...un-owner-list/

Now, is it true? Hell, I don't know. But seriously, would it really surprise anyone?
Increasing regulatory burdens to the point it isn't worth staying in the business.

Fewer gunsmiths = fewer guns that perform well, increased cost of gun ownership, decreased pleasure in gun ownership.

It appears to be part of the long game of reducing firearm ownership across the country.
Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:42 PM   #410
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheater5 View Post
Increasing regulatory burdens to the point it isn't worth staying in the business.

Fewer gunsmiths = fewer guns that perform well, increased cost of gun ownership, decreased pleasure in gun ownership.

It appears to be part of the long game of reducing firearm ownership across the country.
And they're hitting it from all angles. Like the moves they've made to force banks to not give loans to gun-related businesses because they are to be considered unsafe. This administration has zero scruples.
kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:53 PM   #411
Roy E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/575245299

What do you guys think? I've been looking at it for three days now. Barrel is a 1964, receiver is a 1941. Email I got from the seller says parts are Springfield but not matching with a small amount of light pitting on one spot on the bolt.
Looks like somebody bought it for $900, which seems like a good deal to me.
Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:41 PM   #412
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munson View Post
Looks like somebody bought it for $900, which seems like a good deal to me.
I noticed. Something about that particular gun was bothering me.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:49 PM   #413
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheater5 View Post

Indeed. I have no doubt whatsoever that this election will be a turning point in America, for a variety of reasons. 1% growth in this country's economy will lead to ruin. The same can be said for the attempt (by some) to go to an "Australian" form of buy-back confiscation and, according to who wins - the possibility of new SCOTUS that will "re-arrange" the second amendment to disallow private ownership.

I'm in my late 60s and have never been as concerned for the country (as a whole) as I am now.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:54 PM   #414
Keepin it Real

Does anyone have their C&R license? How much trouble is getting and keeping it? I come across a lot of C&R eligible rifles on gunbroker. It'd be nice to skip the FFL process.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:29 PM   #415
Veteran

Good deal? Good product? https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/prod...9c1458b70b0861

Or would you stick PMAG? https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/prod...9c1458b70b0861
stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:37 PM   #416
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlchiefs View Post
I will never buy from CTD again. They were price gouging extremely bad during the scare. Lost all respect for them.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:14 PM   #417
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
I will never buy from CTD again. They were price gouging extremely bad during the scare. Lost all respect for them.
Outside of the vendor, any experience with the mags? Price seems decent. I have a feeling the prices will be moving here soon as the election draws closer if the polls don't start changing much (not trying to take this to DC).
stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:23 PM   #418
Veteran

Sorry to say but I think your right.what about the forty or fifth round clips? Any input on them
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:07 PM   #419
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlchiefs View Post
Outside of the vendor, any experience with the mags? Price seems decent. I have a feeling the prices will be moving here soon as the election draws closer if the polls don't start changing much (not trying to take this to DC).
PMAG..go with them..they make good products..it's what I used during my deployments
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:58 PM   #420
Starter

http://gunmagwarehouse.com/all-magaz...&platforms=282

Just bought a 10 pack of Gen3 PMAGs from here.
Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.Delaney37 would the whole thing.