Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:47 PM   #1891
In my youth i pray to keep

I went to the Topeka gun show over the weekend. I still kinda want an AK style rifle.. but I'm getting married in Vegas a month from now.

They had an RPK for $2200
Wasr 10 for $699
Century RAS was the cheapest at like $650
Arsenal Sam 7 for $1800

All seemed a bit high to me. But that Sam 7 underfolder was sweet.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:50 PM   #1892
In my youth i pray to keep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar Chief View Post
****ing commies and your 9mm's.

.45 AARP
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:51 PM   #1893
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
All this damned "Navy" talk………

Wait…I have a SIG P226 Navy……………….Nevermind…..

Still prefer my Springfield 1911 and the SIG P220……can't teach a old dog new calibers…..
One useful use of going with the Navy variant..

GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:53 AM   #1894
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
I would’ve jumped on that. Always wanted a AR10. Looks like they’re sold out.
Back in stock.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:59 PM   #1895
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
One useful use of going with the Navy variant..

Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:47 PM   #1896
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Back in stock.
I bought their complete lower with SB tactical SBa3 stock on the 4th. Coupled that with an Aero Precision complete 10.5” upper.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:42 PM   #1897
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
I bought their complete lower with SB tactical SBa3 stock on the 4th. Coupled that with an Aero Precision complete 10.5” upper.

If they run the AR-10 deal next year I'll probably pull the trigger. But I really should stick to the one per year policy to promote marital harmony.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:46 PM   #1898
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post

If they run the AR-10 deal next year I'll probably pull the trigger. But I really should stick to the one per year policy to promote marital harmony.
Yeah. I usually limit myself to one modern firearm a year. Most of the time I’m buying WWII era militaria.

Modern firearms don’t really do much for me as far as excitement.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:49 PM   #1899
MVP

Quote:
Yeah. I usually limit myself to one modern firearm a year. Most of the time I’m buying WWII era militaria.

Modern firearms don’t really do much for me as far as excitement.

I've got one of the prettiest 7MM Mausers from WWII that you will ever see. Back in 66? 67? K Mart used to sell these beat up WWII pieces of shit for $25 per.

The old man bought 3 of them. After getting rid of the cosmoline (they sold them in barrels), he completely refinished them and gave one to my Brother and me. I still have mine to this day. One of the most beautiful rifles I have ever owned.

500-600 yards out it is absolutely deadly.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:21 PM   #1900
Keepin it Real

Quote:
I've got one of the prettiest 7MM Mausers from WWII that you will ever see. Back in 66? 67? K Mart used to sell these beat up WWII pieces of shit for $25 per.

The old man bought 3 of them. After getting rid of the cosmoline (they sold them in barrels), he completely refinished them and gave one to my Brother and me. I still have mine to this day. One of the most beautiful rifles I have ever owned.

Nice. Hard to beat the Mauser action.

My wife’s grandpa tells me you could get an M1 Carbine back in the day for $25 or something. Can’t find a nice one for under a grand now.

I bought a decent inland back in 2011 for $700. The store had several around that price. I kick myself every time I think about it. Should’ve bought several of them.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:17 AM   #1901
Mahomosapien

A little late to the party. This is the flash on my 8.5 i use for 3 gun. It has just an a2 hider. Recoil is not significantly more than a standard carbine length or rifle length system . It is certainly louder. That being said, its a perfect little pistol. This is one of the 500$ palmetto ones. Came as pictured (minus the distressed tan paint, angle grip and sight)

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:51 AM   #1902
Always ask 'Why?"

3D printed guns may not yet real practical value; but it is going to be fun to make them.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/362382/3d...m_medium=image

And I have lots of black plastic to play with. Will keep you posted on results.
Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:40 PM   #1903
Supporter

Quote:

I bought a Mauser from a guy a couple of months ago for about half price.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:46 PM   #1904
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I bought a Mauser from a guy a couple of months ago for about half price.

Those damned Germans could build fine guns!! Damn fine guns, as well.

I remember when Dad bought those - they were a mess. He probably put about 100 hours into each rifle. Worked on them for month upon month. Completely refinished the wood, had the barrel re-aligned, hell, EVERYTHING was "re-done".

Mom was madder than a wet hen - when you bought those rifles at Kmart - you had better have had gloves with you. He got cosmoline all over the back seat of the car when they came out of the paper.

Today - all these years later, my Brother is gone, my Mom is gone and my Father is gone. Each time I pick that rifle up, it's like going back in time. Damned fine memories of deer hunting, target shooting…good times! Now? I can pass that on to my Grandson!
Old 07-13-2018, 06:49 AM   #1905
Keepin it Real

Have I mentioned how much I hate palmetto state armory recently? Ordered a lower from them July 4th. It still hasn’t been shipped yet. I was hopeful they had become adults and did a better job shipping since the last time I ordered from them.

Obviously not.