Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:40 AM   #1876
Mahomosapien

308 is too expensive. I almost bought one a few months ago, but got a handgun and a pile of ar15 lowers instead. My club only goes 100 yds out, no use pulling the trigger at .75 cents a round for that.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:00 PM   #1877
MVP

A couple of years ago I purchased a DPMS AR-10. Didn't really expect too much from it - but I'll be damned if it isn't a fine, high quality rifle. That SOB will drive tacks at 400 yards with iron sights and 700-900 years with a Leupold.

Nothing in the world wrong with a AR-10 - but a year later, my kids went together and bought me a Springfield M1A. SO…the AR doesn't see a lot of "playing time" these days
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:07 PM   #1878
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
A couple of years ago I purchased a DPMS AR-10. Didn't really expect too much from it - but I'll be damned if it isn't a fine, high quality rifle. That SOB will drive tacks at 400 yards with iron sights and 700-900 years with a Leupold.

Nothing in the world wrong with a AR-10 - but a year later, my kids went together and bought me a Springfield M1A. SO…the AR doesn't see a lot of "playing time" these days
That's where I'm at - I already have an M1A. Just can't justify the expense of getting an AR-10.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2018, 10:37 PM   #1879
Keepin it Real

I’ve decided to build an AR pistol. My Tavor is just too heavy with the attached suppressor.

I’m going as light as possible. I ordered a PSA lower with an enhanced polished trigger, MaGpul grip, and an SB tactical brace. The brace was the main reason I bought it. The brace alone is $140 on Gunbroker.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165448150.html

I’m needing to find a 10.5” complete upper. I don’t care what the hand guard looks like. I’m throwing this bad boy on it. It doesn’t get much lighter than this.
It’s 6.15oz for the 9”.

https://brigandarms.com/product/atlas/#reviews
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:08 PM   #1880
Mahomosapien

Could have bought a complete palmetto pistol with bcg and charging handle, sb brace and mlok handgaurd for 499 this week.

bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:20 PM   #1881
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjosh View Post
Could have bought a complete palmetto pistol with bcg and charging handle, sb brace and mlok handgaurd for 499 this week.

I must have been too late. I’d jump all over that now.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:24 PM   #1882
Broncos' Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
I’ve decided to build an AR pistol. My Tavor is just too heavy with the attached suppressor.

I’m going as light as possible. I ordered a PSA lower with an enhanced polished trigger, MaGpul grip, and an SB tactical brace. The brace was the main reason I bought it. The brace alone is $140 on Gunbroker.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165448150.html

I’m needing to find a 10.5” complete upper. I don’t care what the hand guard looks like. I’m throwing this bad boy on it. It doesn’t get much lighter than this.
It’s 6.15oz for the 9”.

https://brigandarms.com/product/atlas/#reviews
I hope this is for personal use and not for your job? I’ve shot an AR pistol before and it’s very loud and it throws a huge flame out the muzzle, like a foot long or more, I can’t imagine shooting it in low light or dark...
Tombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-06-2018, 07:28 PM   #1883
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I hope this is for personal use and not for your job? I’ve shot an AR pistol before and it’s very loud and it throws a huge flame out the muzzle, like a foot long or more, I can’t imagine shooting it in low light or dark...
This is for work. I don’t know what you were shooting but I have yet to see a huge flame come out of a 10.5” barrel. A few guys carry an AR pistol with a 10.5” barrel and they aren’t much louder than a 16”.

Now a 7.5” barrel is loud and I have no use for a 7.5” barrel.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:15 AM   #1884
Broncos' Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote:
This is for work. I don’t know what you were shooting but I have yet to see a huge flame come out of a 10.5” barrel. A few guys carry an AR pistol with a 10.5” barrel and they aren’t much louder than a 16”.

Now a 7.5” barrel is loud and I have no use for a 7.5” barrel.
I shot a true AR pistol, the buffer tube was about as long as the barrel. It was fun to shoot but honestly, IMHO, it's little more than a novelty gun. Again, the blast is very loud and the flame out the muzzle is very big. If I'm a cop, I'm advertising to every bad guy with a gun, where I am if it's at low light or night. Plus, I'm blinding myself every time I pull the trigger. Also, the 5.56 is a rifle cartridge, not a pistol cartridge, the bullet looses much of it's power when coming out of such a short barrel.

So you have a big bang with a big flash, but you are firing a small bullet with diminished power. But if you are using the longer, 10.5 barrel, it may be a little more effective.

I value law enforcement too much to advise them to use this as a tool for doing their job, again, JMHO.

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 07-07-2018 at 09:29 AM..
Tombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-07-2018, 10:03 AM   #1885
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I shot a true AR pistol, the buffer tube was about as long as the barrel. It was fun to shoot but honestly, IMHO, it's little more than a novelty gun. Again, the blast is very loud and the flame out the muzzle is very big. If I'm a cop, I'm advertising to every bad guy with a gun, where I am if it's at low light or night. Plus, I'm blinding myself every time I pull the trigger. Also, the 5.56 is a rifle cartridge, not a pistol cartridge, the bullet looses much of it's power when coming out of such a short barrel.

So you have a big bang with a big flash, but you are firing a small bullet with diminished power. But if you are using the longer, 10.5 barrel, it may be a little more effective.

I value law enforcement too much to advise them to use this as a tool for doing their job, again, JMHO.
I’ll agree with you on a 7.5” barrel. That is very loud and I only know one person who carries a 7.5” nobody likes being around him at the range. I’m not sure why they allow him to carry it anyways. Pretty sure a 7.5” voids my suppressor warranty. For me, a 7.5” wasn’t even an option. I don’t like the look of them either.

I know several who carry a 10.5” without any issues. You still get solid range out of them and they aren’t loud. It’s what many use when they build SBR’s.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:16 PM   #1886
MVP

Quote:
I’ll agree with you on a 7.5” barrel. That is very loud and I only know one person who carries a 7.5” nobody likes being around him at the range. I’m not sure why they allow him to carry it anyways. Pretty sure a 7.5” voids my suppressor warranty. For me, a 7.5” wasn’t even an option. I don’t like the look of them either.

I know several who carry a 10.5” without any issues. You still get solid range out of them and they aren’t loud. It’s what many use when they build SBR’s.

Back in the Army (80s) I had the opportunity to fire a "port gun" from the Bradleys. Fun as hell to shoot, but ridiculous. I "think" that was the impetus for the AR pistol

Obviously they don't fire from the open bolt at 800 rounds a minute - but about the same dimensions.

I don't know - to each his own I guess….but I'll stick with my .45
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:20 AM   #1887
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.

****ing commies and your 9mm's.

Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:24 PM   #1888
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar Chief View Post
****ing commies and your 9mm's.

I carried a 1911 .45 for many years of my life (thanks Navy!!) and I loved it (thanks Navy!!). I still prefer it, but my decision to go the 9mm route with my Walther PPX "Navy" (LOL!!!) is 100% based on ammo costs.

But the .45 is simply awesome!
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:45 PM   #1889
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
I carried a 1911 .45 for many years of my life (thanks Navy!!) and I loved it (thanks Navy!!). I still prefer it, but my decision to go the 9mm route with my Walther PPX "Navy" (LOL!!!) is 100% based on ammo costs.

But the .45 is simply awesome!

All this damned "Navy" talk………

Wait…I have a SIG P226 Navy……………….Nevermind…..

Still prefer my Springfield 1911 and the SIG P220……can't teach a old dog new calibers…..
Old 07-09-2018, 05:54 PM   #1890
Fish are scared of me

Kimber 1911 .45 here .On my side at all times.Why? Because I can. I love texas.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.