Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:46 PM   #1846
The Constitutional Choo choo

OMG! It's black and scary..
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:14 PM   #1847
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveSteam View Post
OMG! It's black and scary..
That's what she said.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:55 PM   #1848
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
And here it is.

Yuck.

Have you shot glocks before? I absolutely hate the grip angle. Feels like a boomerang.
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:29 PM   #1849
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjosh View Post
Yuck.

Have you shot glocks before? I absolutely hate the grip angle. Feels like a boomerang.
Yeah, I have. I have an older 22.

This one feels much better. I’ll also get the bottom of the trigger guard filed down some, which helps a lot.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:21 PM   #1850
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Got the Glock out of waiting period jail tonight. Put 100 rounds through it without incident. Shoots well. Obviously not quite the quality of trigger I'm used to, but it's still pretty good.

Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:20 PM   #1851
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Got the Glock out of waiting period jail tonight. Put 100 rounds through it without incident. Shoots well. Obviously not quite the quality of trigger I'm used to, but it's still pretty good.

A guy in the 3 gun i did last weekend had the backstrap fall off of his while firing. Weird. Im not a glock hater by any means, they are great reliable guns. I just dont enjoy handling them.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:57 PM   #1852
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
A guy in the 3 gun i did last weekend had the backstrap fall off of his while firing. Weird. Im not a glock hater by any means, they are great reliable guns. I just dont enjoy handling them.

He must not have put the retention pin back in. I can't imagine it falling out.

Especially after shooting this, I really like the feel of it. Unlike my older 22, the bottom of the trigger guard doesn't dig into the top of my middle finger. They clearly did something to the grip angle. Or perhaps the compacts have always been better than the full sized models - I don't think I'd ever fired a 19 until today.

I'm still going to have some work done on it - getting a TTI connector kit and trigger job, and even though it doesn't bother me at the moment, I'll still have my gunsmith trim down the trigger guard some. He'll throat and polish the barrel and polish some of the other internals as well. I always get that done.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:24 PM   #1853
Veteran

I just picked up a Savage MSR10 in 6.5 Creedmoor. Put a Vortex 3-15 scope on it. Just broke the barrel in. Need to work with it some more but thus far it’s a really nice rifle. Crisp trigger
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:00 AM   #1854
MVP

Quote:

I'm the same way. Glocks are fine pistols. No doubting that. Not for me, however…

It took me years to finally figure out that for a 1911 - it's Springfield. For a good, highly dependable rife it's a Springfield M1A. For concealed carry it's Walther.

Then it's Sig Sauer for all the rest. They work for me. Took me years of trying this gun, that gun - buying this one, selling that brand..before I finally figured it out.

Now in my old age - I FINALLY learned my lesson….
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:09 PM   #1855
The Constitutional Choo choo

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
I just picked up a Savage MSR10 in 6.5 Creedmoor. Put a Vortex 3-15 scope on it. Just broke the barrel in. Need to work with it some more but thus far it’s a really nice rifle. Crisp trigger
https://www.atncorp.com/x-sight2-hd-...iABEgKj9PD_BwE

https://youtu.be/0EmxezJTl1Y
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:48 PM   #1856
Veteran

I'm not looking for night hunting so much. Not really practical where I am. SO I wanted something that would let me hunt but also do some long distance shooting:

http://vortexoptics.com/product/vort...c-mrad-reticle
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:02 AM   #1857
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
I'm not looking for night hunting so much. Not really practical where I am. SO I wanted something that would let me hunt but also do some long distance shooting:

http://vortexoptics.com/product/vort...c-mrad-reticle

I have been watching a show about living in Alaska and I noticed that one of the folks was using a Vortex scope. Made me wonder if they are a decent buy for long range?

I currently have a Leupold Vx3i on my AR-10 (and sometimes throw it on the M1A) and while it offers a fairly accurate FOV - there are times when I have a problem zeroing it at 100 years. Go figure...
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:40 AM   #1858
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
I have been watching a show about living in Alaska and I noticed that one of the folks was using a Vortex scope. Made me wonder if they are a decent buy for long range?

I currently have a Leupold Vx3i on my AR-10 (and sometimes throw it on the M1A) and while it offers a fairly accurate FOV - there are times when I have a problem zeroing it at 100 years. Go figure...
I bought Vortex after recommendation from a friend of mine who was an Army Green Beret. He said many military snipers use Vortex and for the $it is a great long range (500 yard +) scope. There are better scopes, such as Schmidt & a Bender and even Vortex has higher end scopes but I didn’t feel like dropping $2500 on a scope. This was about $1000. So far I really like it.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:05 PM   #1859
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post

I was briefly connected to a company affiliated with them and got to beat the shit out of some of them for a while. I'm a Leupold guy in general, but they are pretty nice and in some cases very comparable. As with any brand, the more you spend the more you get but I wouldn't be scared to try any of their better glass.

Would also add that some of their binos and spotters were very good bangs for the buck.
ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:44 PM   #1860
Roy E.

I'm shocked that it's only 40%.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/americans...173747656.html

Quote:
Americans own 40 percent of world's firearms: study

United Nations (United States) (AFP) - Americans make up only four percent of the global population but they own 40 percent of the world's firearms, a new study said Monday.

There are more than one billion firearms in the world but 85 percent of those are in the hands of civilians, with the remainder held by law enforcement and the military, according to the Small Arms Survey.

The survey, produced by the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva, says it bases its estimates based on multiple sources, including civilian firearms registration data from 133 countries and territories and survey results in 56 countries.

Of the 857 million guns owned by civilians, 393 million are in the United States - more than all of the firearms held by ordinary citizens in the other top 25 countries combined.

"The biggest force pushing up gun ownership around the world is civilian ownership in the United States," said Aaron Karp, one of the authors of the report which compiles new data from the last ten years.

"Ordinary American people buy approximately 14 million new and imported guns every year," Karp told a news conference at UN headquarters in New York.

Americans have access to powerful firearms that are not available in many other countries due to tighter legislation.

"Why are they buying them? That's another debate. Above all, they are buying them probably because they can. The American market is extraordinarily permissive," he said.

Gun ownership rates vary across the world, with 121 firearms for every 100 residents in the United States compared to 53 in Yemen, 39 in Montenegro, and 35 in Canada.

Japan and Indonesia are at the other end of the spectrum with less than one firearm per 100 people.

Only 28 countries released information on their military stockpiles while 28 nations offered information the firearms owned by law enforcement agencies.

Civilian firearms registration data was available for 133 countries and territories. Survey results were used
Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.