Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-17-2015, 12:29 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***

Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:56 PM   #376
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
Just saw car like this in Belton a couple of weeks ago...
Ooooh, that's on 71HWY!! Were you scared?
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:59 PM   #377
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Ooooh, that's on 71HWY!! Were you scared?

..it goes by pretty quick at 80 mph
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:35 PM   #378

Been checking out mods that I can undo to keep my new car stock if I decide to remove them. Always thought the hood pins were cool. **** it if they were not practical.

No way I'd drill into the hood. What do you guys think of the fake hood pins?

Supposedly they don't damage the paint when removed later.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:10 AM   #379
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Been checking out mods that I can undo to keep my new car stock if I decide to remove them. Always thought the hood pins were cool. **** it if they were not practical.

No way I'd drill into the hood. What do you guys think of the fake hood pins?

Supposedly they don't damage the paint when removed later.
I like the looks but you will catch hell from a lot of people for putting "fake" hood pins on. F 'em though. They don't make the payment.
IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:13 AM   #380
best in the biz

One of the nicest paint schemes i've seen on the challenger was charcoal grey metallic with satin black racing stripes with red pinstripe...

..just beautiful.

Last edited by stevieray; 04-18-2015 at 12:23 PM..
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2015, 12:07 PM   #381

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan View Post
I like the looks but you will catch hell from a lot of people for putting "fake" hood pins on. F 'em though. They don't make the payment.
Yeah, I know. It is a little over the top. But, who puts "real" hood pins in cars these days? It's a mod that I can easily undo. Thats important to me.

It's almost an accepted fact on the gear-head boards that there will only be 1000 of my cars made. They are having issues getting the parts for the 8 speed automatics for this years model. Dodge is telling people who ordered/bought one of those 1000 cars that you ordered the A8 but either you switch to a manual or we will have to fill your order in 2016.

Guess-estimates by the gear-heads who are in to this, the guys who work at the factory etc. think there are only going to be 300 at the max of the 2015 A8 SCAT Pack Shakers made.

I think I'd get more enjoyment of keeping one of those 300 cars that exist anywhere in the world as it was when it rolled off the line than putting mods on it that I think are cool. I can't really explain it since I've never been a gearhead and still don't know shit about cars.
Old 04-18-2015, 12:11 PM   #382
best in the biz

Quote:
Yeah, I know. It is a little over the top. But, who puts "real" hood pins in cars these days? It's a mod that I can easily undo. Thats important to me.

It's almost an accepted fact on the gear-head boards that there will only be 1000 of my cars made. They are having issues getting the parts for the 8 speed automatics for this years model. Dodge is telling people who ordered/bought one of those 1000 cars that you ordered the A8 but either you switch to a manual or we will have to fill your order in 2016.

Guess-estimates by the gear-heads who are in to this, the guys who work at the factory etc. think there are only going to be 300 at the max of the 2015 A8 SCAT Pack Shakers made.

I think I'd get more enjoyment of keeping one of those 300 cars that exist anywhere in the world as it was when it rolled off the line than putting mods on it that I think are cool. I can't really explain it since I've never been a gearhead and still don't know shit about cars.
gas pedal is on the right.
Old 04-18-2015, 12:16 PM   #383
Supporter

Quote:

Biggest advice I have is, do what will make you happy. Don't worry too much about keeping it factory UNLESS that's what makes you happy. Just enjoy it! I know I plan to enjoy the hell out of mine once I'm past the 500 break-in miles.
IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-18-2015, 01:24 PM   #384

Quote:
gas pedal is on the right.
well played sir, well played.
Old 04-18-2015, 01:35 PM   #385
Mod Team

Quote:

I as well don't know shit about cars but I agree with the stock options on this since the manufacture run is so limited. On other cars you do mods for your enjoyment and to differentiate your car. This car your ordering needs no such distinction!

And are you getting the manual or automatic? And for whichever one, why did you decide on that type of transmission?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2015, 01:43 PM   #386
Someone pass the antifreeze

Quote:
Just about anyone with an aftermarket hood, it's not fun to have a hood fly up going 80 on the street, don't ask how I know.
MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:17 PM   #387

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I as well don't know shit about cars but I agree with the stock options on this since the manufacture run is so limited. On other cars you do mods for your enjoyment and to differentiate your car. This car your ordering needs no such distinction!
That's the way I'm leaning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
And are you getting the manual or automatic? And for whichever one, why did you decide on that type of transmission?
With the 8 speed Automatics its a lot different now. The 8A transmissions are faster than a manual. This seems to be accepted dogma among gear-heads. If you have the same driver skill level and car, the A8 will win every time.

In another thread we were talking about my car staying with the Hellcat in a race up to 90 mph because of the A8 against the manual. After that the 200+ more HP of the Hellcat will pull away. The most HP always wins.

I'm not going to race at the track or on the street. I will be able to out run 99% of the cars on the street. Knowing that is good enough for me. I bought the car because it was cool, to me anyway.

I have a daily 1.5 hour drive to work. I just didn't want to be shifting in traffic all the time. But, remember the A8 transmission has the paddles on the steering wheel. I can switch to a manual shift at any time. So if I want to play around with manually going through the gears, I can at any time.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:24 PM   #388
Mod Team

Quote:
That's the way I'm leaning.
With the 8 speed Automatics its a lot different now. The 8A transmissions are faster than a manual. This seems to be accepted dogma among gear-heads. If you have the same driver skill level and car, the A8 will win every time.

In another thread we were talking about my car staying with the Hellcat in a race up to 90 mph because of the A8 against the manual. After that the 200+ more HP of the Hellcat will pull away. The most HP always wins.

I'm not going to race at the track or on the street. I will be able to out run 99% of the cars on the street. Knowing that is good enough for me. I bought the car because it was cool, to me anyway.

I have a daily 1.5 hour drive to work. I just didn't want to be shifting in traffic all the time. But, remember the A8 transmission has the paddles on the steering wheel. I can switch to a manual shift at any time. So if I want to play around with manually going through the gears, I can at any time.

Makes a lot of sense for the automatic then. Very cool concept with this new technology. With a commute like that, it would be much more fun to have the automatic anyway. Stop and go with a manual is a real bitch in a big city. I'm lucky my commute is much shorter than yours and over half freeway, otherwise I would loathe the manual.

Can't wait to see this thing when you get it! Is the garage hangout still a go and setup or will this thing see the garage for a while?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:38 PM   #389
Sandbox: Leander Lasercats

Quote:
One of the nicest paint schemes i've seen on the challenger was charcoal grey metallic with satin black racing stripes with red pinstripe...

..just beautiful.
I've seen one of those down here and I agree, love that color scheme!
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:15 PM   #390
Sandbox: Leander Lasercats

Anyone else watching Barrett-Jackson this weekend? Just love looking at all the machinery!
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.