Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-11-2023, 03:22 PM  
'Tis my eye!

Spinoff thread - need advice on mini PC's

So I'm helping out over in the UPS thread. I decided to do some testing with a mini PC running my UPS software.

Then it dawned on me, I know next to nothing about mini-PC's or buying a new Windows machine in general. I can use Windows but I don't know the hardware specs needed to actually run it.

So here's my use case:

I want to run CyberPower PowerPanel Personal on a Windows machine, connected to a UPS via USB.

My Needs and Wants
  1. A mini-PC, preferably smaller than 6x6 inches or so.
  2. Runs Windows 10/11
  3. One (1) wired ethernet port. It does not need wifi however, if the unit comes with wifi, I don't care. Maybe I will use it in the future.
  4. IOne (1) USB port, 2.0 is fine because it will be connected to a UPS. 3.0 is obviously a bonus.
  5. I would prefer an SSD. It generates less heat, is smaller, and less prone to get damaged if taken on a trip.
  6. The UPS application takes up about 350MB of space once installed, so I think I could get away with only 128GB of SSD storage.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2023, 03:24 PM   #2
'Tis my eye!

I'm thinking along the lines of something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BHV3MF4Q...v_ov_lig_dp_it
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2023, 11:34 AM   #3
'Tis my eye!

I ended up going with this one. Only $5 more expensive but a lot more powerful.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1