Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-01-2014, 09:40 AM  
Kind of a mod

Space Exploration megathread

Since a number of cool things are happening in space exploration these days, we'll widen the scope of this thread a smidge. Conversation about all things space exploration are welcome, whether it be from NASA, SpaceX, ULA, Blue Origin, or anyone else. Chances are most of the discussion will still be about SpaceX since they love to make things public and fun, but nothing's off limits. I'll eventually get around to modifying the OP to include resources for other companies too, but in the meantime, feel free to post any cool stuff you run across.

Lists of Upcoming Missions

How to Watch a Live Launch

Where to Learn More
Spoiler!

Glossary
Spoiler!

Last edited by DaFace; 12-10-2020 at 03:36 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:44 PM   #856
Kind of a mod

I couldn't watch this one live, but glad to hear it's a total success! I look forward to the webcast when I get home.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-14-2017, 05:25 PM   #857
Kind of a mod

Just now watching the webcast. Man...that was some BEAUTIFUL footage of the first stage coming back. I love that stuff.
Old 01-14-2017, 05:40 PM   #858
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Just now watching the webcast. Man...that was some BEAUTIFUL footage of the first stage coming back. I love that stuff.
Yeah, I hope they make a split screen view and show the views from onboard the 1st stage next to the feed from the barge.

Not to mention I'l love to see the Satellite deployment recorded footage from the 2nd stage.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:54 PM   #859
Kind of a mod

Iridium-1 Launch by SpaceX, on Flickr
Old 01-14-2017, 07:03 PM   #860
Snacks Are Under My Apron

Just awesome.
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:02 PM   #861
Kind of a mod

Wonder if they fly the same crew that's been doing the work on the east coast out to California to process this one.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:22 PM   #862
Kind of a mod

This may be my favorite landing shot yet.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:09 AM   #863
Banned

eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:31 PM   #864
Kind of a mod

We finally have a static launch on the new pad (39A), so I think we shouldn't have anything but the usual delays at this point. Countdown and header are active again.

Old 02-12-2017, 09:42 PM   #865
Kind of a mod

FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:658px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
F8F8F8; line-height:0; margin-top:40px; padding:62.4537037037037% 0; text-align:center; width:100%;">

000; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none; word-wrap:break-word;" target="_blank">Falcon 9 rocket now vertical at Cape Canaveral on launch complex 39-A. This is the same launch pad used by the Saturn V rocket that first took people to the moon in 1969. We are honored to be allowed to use it.

c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">A photo posted by Elon Musk (@elonmusk) on

It's pretty crazy to compare the amount of "stuff" there is on that pad compared to the shots of the last launch from Vandy.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:17 PM   #866
Kind of a mod

Old 02-17-2017, 02:25 PM   #867

Quote:

Tight timing. My hockey team skates at 9:10, so I'll need the MiFi and tablet...

I can here it now,

Team stretching and warming up the goalie: "what 'cha doin coach?"

Me: "Game plan!!!"
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:39 PM   #868
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Tight timing. My hockey team skates at 9:10, so I'll need the MiFi and tablet...

I can here it now,

Team stretching and warming up the goalie: "what 'cha doin coach?"

Me: "Game plan!!!"
I once asked my team at work to reschedule a meeting because of a launch.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:40 PM   #869
Banned

Love the old/new contrast.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:45 PM   #870

Quote:
I once asked my team at work to reschedule a meeting because of a launch.
Maybe I throw a big bucket of boiling hot water on the ice and we get a 30-minute delay! Salt.... Or....I could go Tonya Harding on one of the official's shins, that'll be good to get us through the launch!