Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-21-2018, 03:41 PM   #2
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Nobody’s giving a 30 year old safety 50m.

He will be lucky to get 3 years in the mid 20s...if that.
We'll see. He's going to get more than mid 20s IMO
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:42 PM   #3
Shit

But if he would sign for 3 and 21-25 million I might change my stance on it
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:49 PM   #4
Shit

Honey badger isn't anywhere near the same level as earl Thomas either
Old 11-21-2018, 04:05 PM   #5
In Search of a Life

I'd rather have Mathieu than Thomas, even with Thomas being a better player. Age and everything just isn't worth it.

I'd attack the secondary in the draft
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:10 PM   #6
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I'd rather have Mathieu than Thomas, even with Thomas being a better player. Age and everything just isn't worth it.

I agree and I hate mathieu
Old 11-21-2018, 04:13 PM   #7
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:

If we could come out of FA with Honey Badger/Earl Thomas along with Ronald Darby, we could really attack the draft. Especially if Berry returns to form.

Which I’m told he will be damn close to it. Supposedly he hasn’t lost any speed and still runs the same speed on the treadmill as before the Achilles injury.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:14 PM   #8
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
If we could come out of FA with Honey Badger/Earl Thomas along with Ronald Darby, we could really attack the draft. Especially if Berry returns to form.

Which I’m told he will be damn close to it. Supposedly he hasn’t lost any speed and still runs the same speed on the treadmill as before the Achilles injury.
I don't really get the Darby love. He's always been just a guy to me.

I'd draft a couple corners early and keep that money in house.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:44 PM   #9
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
I don't really get the Darby love. He's always been just a guy to me.

I'd draft a couple corners early and keep that money in house.
Dude. Look at next years roster.

If we don’t retain Nelson, we have Fuller and nobody else. I’m not a fan of going into next year with 2-3 rookie corners playing significant time.

Are you?
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:05 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:

Personally, I'd go after Tre Boston. He's been just as productive as either of them and he's only 26 (like Mathieu) and on a 1-year $2.5 million deal with Arizona. He'll look to get out of there and, after the safety market in 2018 dipped, he may just sign on for a relatively friendly deal if it's long-term.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:13 PM   #11
In Search of a Life

I mean, I'd take Earl, but his age is just meh.

A guy like Ray would be a decent buy low option. That's where you need to start hitting some big hits.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:28 PM   #12
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Signing big names in FA is fun and all but I’m telling you, I wouldn’t expect it. Veach knows that the big money needs to be given to guys already on the roster.

Even Dee Ford has to be franchised at this point over signing any FA like Thomas or Darby.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:42 PM   #13
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Signing big names in FA is fun and all but I’m telling you, I wouldn’t expect it. Veach knows that the big money needs to be given to guys already on the roster.

Even Dee Ford has to be franchised at this point over signing any FA like Thomas or Darby.
We have 48m in cap space and a team that players will want to come to for lots of reasons.

We can keep all of those guys and still have 15m in cap space to go get a couple guys that can help us get over the hump while Pats still on his rookie deal.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:15 PM   #14
Veteran

Welcome to the real world. Want to actually be serious? Try applying your angst to the world of the working.
38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:41 PM   #15
Veteran

Totally agree with the OP. QB is obviously a position where if you truly have a great one, you pay them whatever. For all intents and purposes, you can’t win a SB without a really good one, and it helps even more to have a great one. Mahomes is clearly headed towards greatness so he will be the top paid QB and that’s fine. He may also help us save some money elsewhere because FAs will want to come play with him just for the chance at doing great things. We saw it with Manning and the Broncos and Brady with the Pats. Those teams don’t hand out many top contracts, but got reasonable deals for some really good players because of who plays QB.

As for other positions, I think it comes down to how they impact other players on the team. The concept being that guys who allow you to get by with leaser talent elsewhere are more valuable and can be paid more because you save elsewhere. Hill is a good example. His speed and quickness draws a lot of attention away from other positions. When used as a decoy, he is very effective at affecting the defense. He is also able to produce even after teams started to realize his ability and game plan for it.

Affecting the opposing teams’ plans AND producing is a good indicator that a player is worth the money. Age and injury history should factor in and also trade value. If a player can be traded for multiple first or second rounders, then it really makes it harder to justify, in my opinion.

The Khalil Mack trade is one that I personally agreed with for the Raiders. I just didn’t see the kind of player that has the characteristics above. I think that in the end we will say that the Raiders will, or could, have gotten more talent with the picks than keeping Mack. They might screw up the picks, but I think good tenant will be available.

There is also the question of availability when handing out top contracts. How many games played do you get for your salary cap dollar? You are investing a lot of money in one player and when that one player is injured, 100% of that money is injured. If you have two players splitting that money and one gets hurt, only 50% is injured. You still have the other 50% working for you. If injury probability is the same risk for all players, the probability that one player will be injured is higher than the probability that two other players will both be injured at the same time. It puts the entire team at risk when huge amounts of cap space are tied up with a few star players. When those guys go out, not only are they replaced with less than average guys, but the previously average guys around them play worse than usual because they try to compensate but can’t and make mistakes as a result.
prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.