Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 01-12-2020, 05:12 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread

The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:21 PM   #136
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
We are.

We will win this game.

But the Titans offense is a bad matchup for us as well.

Especially if we're short-handed on the defensive line.

They don't throw to backs, and that's often our achilles, so that's good.

But Henry is a ****ing mack truck. And Tannehill has played very, very well down the stretch.

I believe we'll win. I'M DRIVING THE BUS.

I'm just saying those ****ers have beaten the Pats and the Ravens on the road.
BE WARY.
Has Tannehill been that good though? He’s been under 100 yards passing in both postseason games so far. He was bailed out on an insane catch too or his stats would be even worse.

He hasn’t made game killing mistakes, which has allowed the Titans to grind games out. If the Chiefs score early (and they should), they can force Tennessee to start throwing. Huge advantage for the Chiefs if that happens.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:22 PM   #137
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryaldini View Post
Talent wise, the Texans and Titans are very close. The pride of the AFC South. We'll have to beat ourselves to lose twice to Tanny. Mahomes won't let it happen, not close.
Hey, I get the duct tape team we had the 1st mtg with the Titans BUT they are a much better team now as well. Keep that in mind.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:22 PM   #138
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink View Post
Even the Niners ??
honestly, yeah.

I'd rather play them.

They're real solid.

They don't have a Derrick Henry.

That ****er's scary.

And Tannehill is playing better than Jimmy G. (it ain't about the yards. when they've needed him to make throws, he makes them. He's been really efficient and largely error free.)

I'm not afraid of either defense. If we're ON, we're going to score a bunch.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:24 PM   #139
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Interesting adjustment late today: Dorian odanial playing a rush end and basically just holding his spot and watching Watson. Wonder if we see that in passing downs with Tennessee - Tannehill still has good mobility.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:24 PM   #140
Banned

The Kansas City Chiefs will collectively be charged with 54 counts of murder, including the (brief) ex player Mike Vrabel. While awaiting trial they will commit an additional 54 man killing spree in Miami

All charges will be dropped because Chiefs Mahomes.
Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:26 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Has Tannehill been that good though? He’s been under 100 yards passing in both postseason games so far.
Dude, it's not so much about stats as it is taking what the defense gives you and capitalizing on it and making the right decisions in clutch moments not to mention making clutch throws when needed while not turning over the ball. Tannehill has done all of these on a consistent basis since taking over and has improved on them as well since.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:27 PM   #142
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
honestly, yeah.

I'd rather play them.

They're real solid.

That ****er's scary.

And Tannehill is playing better than Jimmy G. (it ain't about the yards. when they've needed him to make throws, he makes them. He's been really efficient and largely error free.)

SF’s insane pass rush is the only thing that worried me, but the way our OL played today makes me feel a lot better about it
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:30 PM   #143
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
SF’s insane pass rush is the only thing that worried me, but the way our OL played today makes me feel a lot better about it
Ford will give us at least 10 free yards
Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:32 PM   #144
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
It's a helluva pass rush, for sure.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:34 PM   #145
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Dude, it's not so much about stats as it is taking what the defense gives you and capitalizing on it and making the right decisions in clutch moments not to mention making clutch throws when needed while not turning over the ball. Tannehill has done all of these on a consistent basis since taking over and has improved on them as well since.
I agree it’s not about the stats, but with the exception of stats in the extreme.

For instance, Mahomes throwing 5 TDs today. That’s insane and indicative of how good he was today.

Throwing for under 100 yards in back to back weeks is the other extreme. IMO, he’s purely a game manager who hasn’t ****ed up.

The Titans have beaten 2 good teams that match up terrible with what Tennessee does well. Neither the Pats or Ravens have good run defenses (Football Outsiders confirms this, so it’s not just my opinion) nor can either exploit a bad secondary when they can’t run the ball.

The Chiefs are a very bad match up for the Titans. Probably the worst matchup they could find in the AFC. The Chiefs can score in bunches to neutralize the Titans rushing attack.

I also wouldn’t underestimate the home field advantage in this one. Not just crowd noise, but that the Titans will be traveling for their 4th consecutive must-win game.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:38 PM   #146

Quote:
honestly, yeah.

I'd rather play them.

They're real solid.

That ****er's scary.

Agree with your "ON" perspective. But Mostert is big SOB as well but he has world class speed. Just saying.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:39 PM   #147
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
I agree it’s not about the stats, but with the exception of stats in the extreme.

For instance, Mahomes throwing 5 TDs today. That’s insane and indicative of how good he was today.

Throwing for under 100 yards in back to back weeks is the other extreme. IMO, he’s purely a game manager who hasn’t ****ed up.

The Titans have beaten 2 good teams that match up terrible with what Tennessee does well. Neither the Pats or Ravens have good run defenses (Football Outsiders confirms this, so it’s not just my opinion) nor can either exploit a bad secondary when they can’t run the ball.

The Chiefs are a very bad match up for the Titans. Probably the worst matchup they could find in the AFC. The Chiefs can score in bunches to neutralize the Titans rushing attack.

I also wouldn’t underestimate the home field advantage in this one. Not just crowd noise, but that the Titans will be traveling for their 4th consecutive must-win game.
I don't want to be cast as a doom-and-gloom-er; I'm not saying we won't win.

Tannehill was a raw QB that was drafted on potential. He was a WR at Texas A&M until his senior year I believe. He's got wheels and is good with the ball in space.

He's also got a really nice deep ball; and with Henry in there, play-action is a REAL problem.

He's taken his lumps and the game seems to have slowed down for him. He doesn't make many mistakes. He hasn't thrown for over 100 because Henry's running for close to 200 and they're beating the shit out of people up front.

He's pretty damned good really, at this point in his career. He's kind of a Deshaun Watson type player. He doesn't have that THING, but in terms of athletically and I think he's got a better arm. I think we can match up with his perimeter weapons but the problem is play-action. You've got to play Henry first.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:41 PM   #148

Quote:
It's a helluva pass rush, for sure.
of which our o-line will definitely struggle with turning Pat into a check down Sally is my fear assuming we play the Niners in the SB.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:44 PM   #149
MVP

Quote:
of which our o-line will definitely struggle with turning Pat into a check down Sally is my fear assuming we play the Niners in the SB.
nah.

I'd expect the 9'ers to play the same type of coverage Houston did, it's their best bet.

That means Kelce will feast again.

Wiz is better than Wylie.

I think we'll be okay.

They're real good though. Mahomes is a problem for pass rushers, he's so good at moving around.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:44 PM   #150
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Well I posted it way back in the thread but Jones sounds optimistic about playing so that’d be a great deal.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.