Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 09-12-2017, 05:27 PM  
Mahomes or GTFO

Tony Romo, One Week in: Best Commentator in the NFL

Half joking, but seriously. This dude is a football genius. I was always meh on him as a quarterback, but dude knows the game. For the fan that likes to delve into scheme and the chess match that is football, I could listen to this every game.

Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:59 PM   #31
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
That's pretty cool to watch. Hopefully that just means the raiders are brutally predictable

Romo came off as a bit of a douche early on but I came to really like him. Went from a guy accused of not caring about the game to one of the gutsiest players in the league
Romo was terribly under appreciated here. He drug very shitterrible cow**** teams to respectibility. Naturally when he's done they get a line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
He was good. Rex Ryan was not.
Rex isn't good at anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
For awhile last night i thought Rex Ryan was Mike Mayock.

I turned to my wife and said, "They've got Mike Mayock with that lesbo chick? Most boring broadcast team ever".

Then i find out it's Rex Ryan.

Can't be as bad as whatever chick they had on with Matthew Berry for LeBatard. She has to win the shittiest on air personality in the history of ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
And Rex Ryan may have been one of the worst announcers to be in the booth for an NFL game ever. Man, he was bad.

Hell, I'd take Bryant Gumbel in the early NFL Network days over Ryan without question.
Dennis Miller and Rush Limbaugh disagree.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:00 PM   #32
In Search of a Life

Sounds like they didn't have a play by play guy? Why would you do that to two rookies?
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:05 PM   #33
Perpetual Mediocrity

He was a great quarterback too despite what some said about him. Had to deal with a bad team around him for virtually his entire career and made them respectable. Hardly surprising he'd be good at this too.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:36 PM   #34
Veteran

I thought Romo did good. Obviously has a better feel for the game than the majority of commentators. Didnt care one lick about him as a player but hes good in the booth.

After the Titans got to within 3 (the last points they scored) he said Carr/Raiders were going to open up the passing a bit and go for the kill on this drive. They did. He was spot on on almost everything.

Rex on the other hand was horrible. I hated listening to him and that lady. Couldnt finish the game.
NWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-12-2017, 07:39 PM   #35
Supporter

One thing McNabb said on the radio that made some sense was he needs to tell the audience WHY that play is coming not just that it is.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:40 PM   #36
best in the biz

..it was fresh.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:48 PM   #37
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
Tony Romo was pretty good. that was ****ing Rex Ryan on Monday Night? That was literally the worst broadcast I've ever heard.
It wasn't great, but I think it was much better than Bill Walsh's time in the booth. That guy was incapable of saying anything that wasn't self adulating. Worst broadcast I've ever experienced.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:19 PM   #38
In Search of a Life

It was truly awkward when they had Phil Simms interview him pregame.

What was CBS thinking??
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:33 PM   #39
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Sergio Dipp, enough said.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:35 PM   #40
I’m a Mahomo!

He reminds me of Hank Stram. Hank would call the plays before they happened too.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:46 PM   #41
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles View Post
Counterpoint, and I honestly don't know the answer:

Did fans of the Titans/Raiders get tired of him "spoiling" the play a little bit?
I thought this too, maybe some of the commentators could do that too but it might ruin the entertainment value so they don't.

But wow, was he prophetic, pretty impressive to watch. Explains why he was so into the fantasy (gambling imo), and also why Goodell didn't want him to be involved. The players have an inside edge on the knowledge stuff.
Cornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-12-2017, 08:48 PM   #42
Can these boys not play?

Damn.. that would be fun to hear.. hope he broadcasts one of our games this year.

Yeah, that abortion on the late night Monday game was awful.
ChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-12-2017, 08:51 PM   #43
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
One thing McNabb said on the radio that made some sense was he needs to tell the audience WHY that play is coming not just that it is.
This, and I think he will get to that point soon.

Fans watching his games are in for a whole new level of education that we haven't seen in broadcasting. It might make me start turning on the volume again.

Raising the level of broadcasting, hopefully the rest can match it, it'll make for a better product. Rather than telling terrible human interest pieces about "diversity."

I'm looking at you Sergio Dipp.
Cornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-13-2017, 10:56 AM   #44
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
And Rex Ryan may have been one of the worst announcers to be in the booth for an NFL game ever. Man, he was bad.

Hell, I'd take Bryant Gumbel in the early NFL Network days over Ryan without question.
After Siemian ran the ball near the goal line......Ryan literally said....

"Was that Vick out there? Oh....it's Trevor Siemian."

The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:20 AM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl View Post
I thought Rex did a good job the girl who was with was terrible though. Rex provided some insight you normally don't hear from color commentators. Romo was awesome but I hope they don't make him dumb it down. Gruden is more than capable of adding lots of quality color but chooses to pretend to be a dumbass.
That was a girl? That explains it. I kept thinking, "this dude has a really annoying squeaky voice, how the hell did he get a job announcing games". Now I know why. You can suck as long as you're helping diversity.
jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.