Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-22-2019, 12:10 PM   #2
Your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
I can't believe people are conditioned to think 40k for a vehicle is a good deal.
Lemme guess, when you were a kid you could get a truck for a nickel?
CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 06:25 PM   #3
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn View Post
Lemme guess, when you were a kid you could get a truck for a nickel?
$2500

just like most of the muscle cars, too.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:15 PM   #4
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
$2500

just like most of the muscle cars, too.
my dad bought a brand new 1970 Dodge Challenger for $3,300 and it came with A/C. vehicles prices now are outrageous. and good luck finding an excellent used truck under $20k
ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:28 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljmhawk View Post
my dad bought a brand new 1970 Dodge Challenger for $3,300 and it came with A/C. vehicles prices now are outrageous. and good luck finding an excellent used truck under $20k
$3300 in 1970 adjusted for inflation is about $23,000 in 2019. A base level Dodge Challenger in 2019 costs around $23,000.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:35 AM   #6
Wasted away again...

That thing is FUGLY
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:45 AM   #7
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

What part of that ugly thing is a truck?
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:59 AM   #8
Supporter

First thing I thought of was a lifted modern version of the DeLorean
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:24 AM   #9
MVP

honestly with a different body on it he could probably storm the mall crawler market at that price. but its so damn ugly and doesnt appear to be super functional as a truck, sort of like a ridgeline or an avalanche.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:30 AM   #10
MVP

They really ****ed this up. I love how crazy Musk is, his brand, but they should have stuck to a similar design language with their other vehicles (which is great).
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:38 AM   #11
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
They really ****ed this up. I love how crazy Musk is, his brand, but they should have stuck to a similar design language with their other vehicles (which is great).
I tend to agree. Had he gone the route of making it look like something most of us drive these days, he might of hit one out of the park. If it can tow a boat, carry some lumber or mulch, and make it through the woods during deer season, and go 300-400 miles between charges, a hell of a lot of consumers in the 14-18mpg "F150/1500" crowd would probably be all over it.

But yeah, it filling the roles that the F250/2500 "farm" crowd does seems like a huge leap.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:06 AM   #12
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Ummmm....have you priced trucks lately? 30-40k is normal.
Have you priced pickups lately?

30 will get you a 3 year old 30K half ton that doesn't have warranty at a LT or maybe LTZ trim package.

notorious is driving a 3/4 diesel. I don't know what trim package he had - and that definitely matters, but I'd bet he's in the neighborhood of 60K if he bought it new.

I don't mean to speak out of turn for notorious, but those are the numbers I've found.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:00 PM   #13
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Have you priced pickups lately?

30 will get you a 3 year old 30K half ton that doesn't have warranty at a LT or maybe LTZ trim package.

notorious is driving a 3/4 diesel. I don't know what trim package he had - and that definitely matters, but I'd bet he's in the neighborhood of 60K if he bought it new.

I don't mean to speak out of turn for notorious, but those are the numbers I've found.
Ok, I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that you could buy almost 2 Chevys or whatever for that price.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:05 PM   #14
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Ok, I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that you could buy almost 2 Chevys or whatever for that price.
Yeah, new 2500 Diesels are damned high dollar.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:11 AM   #15
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
I tend to agree. Had he gone the route of making it look like something most of us drive these days, he might of hit one out of the park. If it can tow a boat, carry some lumber or mulch, and make it through the woods during deer season, and go 300-400 miles between charges, a hell of a lot of consumers in the 14-18mpg "F150/1500" crowd would probably be all over it.

But yeah, it filling the roles that the F250/2500 "farm" crowd does seems like a huge leap.
Eh, I don't know, I think it said it had an air suspension and electric can produce torque far more efficiently than gas or diesel, braking shouldn't be a problem with an electric, as long as the frame and lugbolts and shit can hold itself together (/not an engineer), it makes good sense for a pickup. I can't make the leap for tractors, but I can get there on pickups.

At least mine, that I run in the garage at night, and 75% no payload except 700 lb or so of tools and a compressor.