Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2015, 10:39 AM  
Stuff & Things

All Things Video Games/Game Reviews Part II

Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.

Last edited by Gonzo; 09-11-2015 at 12:07 AM..
Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-24-2023, 11:44 AM   #3511
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Oh, and concerning not renewing.. Elden Ring is on sale for $20 right now. I haven’t played it and also have no experience with Dark Souls games.

What’s CP’s temperature on Elden Ring? The people on Reddit talk about it like it’s one of the best games of all time, but they’re a bunch of dipshits and I don’t often agree with their tastes on movies, books, etc.
Dark Souls type games are not for everyone. Personally, I cannot stand them. The boss battles are insanely difficult slugfests that can take forever, and one tiny timing miscalculation results in you being instadead. I don't like the style of play at all. Too frustrating to be enjoyable.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-24-2023, 11:49 AM   #3512
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Dark Souls type games are not for everyone. Personally, I cannot stand them. The boss battles are insanely difficult slugfests that can take forever, and one tiny timing miscalculation results in you being instadead. I don't like the style of play at all. Too frustrating to be enjoyable.
Same, and I love punishing games. These games just feel weirdly sluggish. If I want an unforgiving 3rd person action game, I greatly prefer something like Ninja Gaiden or Returnal.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2023, 09:44 PM   #3513
The man you could post like.

Elden Ring is actually easier than most Soulsborne games IMO because until you get pretty late into the game there's no actual skill checks you can't just come back to till later. Granted, you probably want to follow a guide to get your essentials or you're going to be ****ed raw by most enemies you run across. Also have a 'build' that you'd like to play in mind so you choose the proper starting class and don't waste points.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2023, 09:55 PM   #3514
In Mahomes I trust!

RoboCop Rouge City!!!! Highly recommend!
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM   #3515
Rookie

Ordered the Anbernic RG35XX Plus from their website. I have little experience downloading OS and ROMs so that feels a little overwhelming. But it's shipping from China so I have at least 2 weeks to research. Anybody here have one or heard of them?
RecSeven is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 11-27-2023, 10:47 AM   #3516
Plays to win the game!

Quote:
I always enjoy them, but really understand the reality and get tired eventually. It's all about mastering the bosses moves and the button presses to get away from them. I just get to the point, like I did with Lies of P recently, where I felt I don't have the patience to keep learning boss fights in the same manner. It's like open world games, or Marvel stuff, just seen it all already and there's so much that it's difficult to not feel both overwhelmed and underwhelmed at the same time. Lies of P is great, very faithful and yet innovative with their visual style and art, but I haven't beaten Lies of P due to this, I've gotten bored and annoyed of just dying over and over again until I can replicate the correct movements and reactions. Makes me want to go play a different type of game, so I get it.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-28-2023, 12:28 PM   #3517
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Lethal Company is a ****ing hoot to play with friends
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 09:51 AM   #3518
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
Same, and I love punishing games. These games just feel weirdly sluggish. If I want an unforgiving 3rd person action game, I greatly prefer something like Ninja Gaiden or Returnal.
Hmm. When I was younger I enjoyed that type of challenge but these days it just isn’t conducive to my gaming lifestyle. If I’m lucky I’ll get an hour or two total on the weekend to boot up the ol’ PlayStation. The last thing I want to do is play some frustrating grindfest.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 12:44 AM   #3519
YOU take YOUR seat

been playing Ark Survival Ascended on PS5.

The graphics are amazing and the quality of life features and building improvements are awesome. Feels worth the money even though it's essentially still Ark. Runs great on the PS5 too.

The console commands are both nice and pretty dumb. It's nice that I can turn off clouds and make the FPS better (getting around 50). But it's dumb that you could just turn off all of the trees and bushes and shit so that you only see players and tames, kills the PVP experience IMO.
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2023, 11:57 AM   #3520
My work speaks for itself!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSeven View Post
Ordered the Anbernic RG35XX Plus from their website. I have little experience downloading OS and ROMs so that feels a little overwhelming. But it's shipping from China so I have at least 2 weeks to research. Anybody here have one or heard of them?
is this a computer, or a Pi-like thing?

I've built several arcade cabs as well as modded Retro machines to play all systems, etc.
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 12-05-2023, 02:24 PM   #3521
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJasonp View Post
is this a computer, or a Pi-like thing?

I've built several arcade cabs as well as modded Retro machines to play all systems, etc.
It's a handheld. More like a modern gameboy. It can play any retro game, including arcades, up to the DreamCast. They have other models that can support newer systems. Sounds similar to what you've done.
RecSeven is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 12-05-2023, 09:20 PM   #3522
My work speaks for itself!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSeven View Post
It's a handheld. More like a modern gameboy. It can play any retro game, including arcades, up to the DreamCast. They have other models that can support newer systems. Sounds similar to what you've done.

Yeah there’s a ton of different ones on Amazon (nearly all from China).

Typically, they come preloaded with games (sometimes a lot of dups).

But if it’s a situation where batocera or some other front end is preloaded, but no games, it’s really easy to drop roms into folders and go from there.

YouTube will be your friend, as there will be plenty of step by step videos that will walk you through it
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 12-08-2023, 01:12 PM   #3523
MVP

BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2023, 09:26 PM   #3524
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post

did they learn there lessons from NMS tho?
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2023, 12:00 PM   #3525
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
did they learn there lessons from NMS tho?
I'm pretty sure you can't be a "Space Dick" in this one either

Looks like Ark 2 or what Ark 2 should be, we shall see.
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.