Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-06-2018, 09:18 PM  
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***

The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:18 AM   #2461
Rabbi Goldmann

Do we ever win?
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:18 AM   #2462
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
The Phillies have amassed so much starting pitching depth that the Royals might be able to convince them that Eflin is pitching over his head a bit and take a shot at him.

Eickhoff's issues are starting to sound vaguely thoracic outletish though, so the Phils may not be willing to move a guy that's made huge strides in approach and raw stuff this year. But man, snagging Eflin before this season's breakout would've been a coup and damn doable. The ship has probably sailed there...

Are you saying Eflin for Moustakas? I’d be all over that. Would be a huge coup.

Or are you saying Eflin for Merrifield? Because that’s less exciting. Would rather spread out the return to multiple players a few years away, that line up with the next grouping of players better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
I'm expecting less for Moose & more from Whit. I wondering if they'll move Duffy?

Ray was a top 50 prospect entering last season and is having a nice rebound season at AA. I’d value him like a top 50-75 prospect, which should be the headliner in any deal for Merrifield with multiple players.

It might be a little light for what KC would need, but I like him a lot.

Last edited by duncan_idaho; 07-08-2018 at 11:08 AM..
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:26 AM   #2463
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Are you saying Eflin for Moustakas? I’d be all over that. Would be a huge coup.

Or are you saying Eflin for Merrifield? Because that’s less exciting. Would rather spread out the return to multiple players a few years away, that line up with the next grouping of players better.

Ray was a top 50 prospect entering last season and is having a nice rebound season at AA. I’d value him like a top 50-75 prospect, which should be the headliner in any deal for Moustakas with multiple players.

It might be a little light for what KC would need, but I like him a lot.
It would have to be Merrifield. You won't get anything close to Eflin for Moustakas.

You'd have to trust Eflin's renaissance but if you did, it would be hard to argue against that deal. He's a 24 yr old with 4 years of control remaining after this season. Let's say in 2019 he has another year like he's having now - you could get the Quintana package for him at that point; an Eloy Jimenez kind of return.

If you're flipping assets you may not get exactly where you want to be in a single move, but flipping Whit for a guy who's trade value could easily double Merrifield's in 12 months time would have to be a worthwhile consideration.

Or, if you think Eflin's just in a hot stretch and could easily return to being a #5 type soon enough, you obviously don't make the move. As is often the case, that's a scouts trade. But at 6'6'' and with a broad frame, there's nothing in his build that says he can't support his newly found velocity on the repaired knees.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:01 AM   #2464
Stay positive, don't give up

@FlannyMLB: Burch Smith will start Wednesday. Jason Hammel to the bullpen.
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:08 AM   #2465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufkin View Post
As did those 100 loss teams with David Dejesus, John Buck, Mark Teahen, Zack Greinke, and Jeremy Affeldt.
I really thought Moose, Whit and Salvy were way better than anyone on those 100 loss teams.. plus guys like Soler and Bonifacio who have some legit big time talent. But it hasn't worked out that way. This team is way worse offensively than the last 100 loss team in 2006.

Greinke wasn't back yet on those 100 loss teams... those were the Scott Elarton/Mark Redman years. Those were some horrible, horrible pitching staffs. Basically everyone that pitched had a 5+ ERA. This year's team is heading down the same path, especially now that we lost Herrera.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:09 AM   #2466
sorta mod-ish

They misspelled "DFA".
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:11 AM   #2467
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
It would have to be Merrifield. You won't get anything close to Eflin for Moustakas.

You'd have to trust Eflin's renaissance but if you did, it would be hard to argue against that deal. He's a 24 yr old with 4 years of control remaining after this season. Let's say in 2019 he has another year like he's having now - you could get the Quintana package for him at that point; an Eloy Jimenez kind of return.

If you're flipping assets you may not get exactly where you want to be in a single move, but flipping Whit for a guy who's trade value could easily double Merrifield's in 12 months time would have to be a worthwhile consideration.

Or, if you think Eflin's just in a hot stretch and could easily return to being a #5 type soon enough, you obviously don't make the move. As is often the case, that's a scouts trade. But at 6'6'' and with a broad frame, there's nothing in his build that says he can't support his newly found velocity on the repaired knees.

That’s what I figured. I see where you’re going with it but just don’t love betting all of that on Eflin continuing to be this good AND doing so while moving to the American League and not getting 2 free outs a game.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:14 AM   #2468

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
That’s what I figured. I see where you’re going with it but just don’t love betting all of that on Eflin continuing to be this good AND doing so while moving to the American League and not getting 2 free outs a game.
On the other hand, he leaves one of the nastiest pitching parks in the game for the friendly confines of Kaufman.

If he's legit, the switch in parks can make up a lot of what the switch in leagues costs him.

The 'if' is the catch, but it's also the only reason why you could get him. I mean the kid's pitched as well as anyone in baseball for a month now. If you'd have tried to snag Severino prior to the 2017 season you could have done so but if you waited until the end of 2017 he'd become one of the least attainable assets in baseball. Snell's looking like a similar creature. Maybe you could've snagged him in April when he was pitching well but nobody knew if he'd continue to do so. 10 weeks later you'd have to offer the moon for him. He who hesitates, masturbates and what not...

You don't get young aces unless you're willing to gamble before they've fully established themselves.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:21 AM   #2469

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
I'm expecting less for Moose & more from Whit. I wondering if they'll move Duffy?
I've been skeptical all along they'll get much for Moose. But with several teams jumping in maybe they can get something decent.

I still think Royals fans are going to be disappointed. Fans view him as a fan favorite and cornerstone type player, and I don't think other teams see it that way. He's already posted a higher WAR than last year though because his defense has rated better. Then you factor in he's a rental and this is probably going to be the best buyer's market in years because half the league is out of the playoffs already.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:27 AM   #2470

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
I've been skeptical all along they'll get much for Moose. But with several teams jumping in maybe they can get something decent.

I still think Royals fans are going to be disappointed. Fans view him as a fan favorite and cornerstone type player, and I don't think other teams see it that way. He's already posted a higher WAR than last year though because his defense has rated better. Then you factor in he's a rental and this is probably going to be the best buyer's market in years because half the league is out of the playoffs already.
It really depends on the market but remember that JD Martinez got a bag of beans last year and was the clear top of the market for hitters.

Moustakas, OTOH, is maybe as low as 3rd in line among 3b options (let alone all possible hitter).

That's not to say the market will be identical this year but there's definitely a chance. There's a reason the guy had to take a 'make good' deal in the off-season and while he started out hot, he went cold for a good bit as well. He's not really been much of an asset for the last 50 games or so - that's not gonna help, especially when he's a rental.

If you could get a top 100 prospect you scream 'yes!' and hang up the phone before he has a chance to change his mind. I'd be pretty surprised if that's the case. I'd guess you're more likely to get a couple of guys that are sitting in the 20-30 range of a team's prospect pool. Maybe if you're lucky one of them turns into a Luis Castillo or Freddy Peralta.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:30 AM   #2471

Quote:
It really depends on the market but remember that JD Martinez got a bag of beans last year and was the clear top of the market for hitters.

Moustakas, OTOH, is maybe as low as 3rd in line among 3b options (let alone all possible hitter).

That's not to say the market will be identical this year but there's definitely a chance. There's a reason the guy had to take a 'make good' deal in the off-season and while he started out hot, he went cold for a good bit as well. He's not really been much of an asset for the last 50 games or so - that's not gonna help, especially when he's a rental.

If you could get a top 100 prospect you scream 'yes!' and hang up the phone before he has a chance to change his mind. I'd be pretty surprised if that's the case. I'd guess you're more likely to get a couple of guys that are sitting in the 20-30 range of a team's prospect pool. Maybe if you're lucky one of them turns into a Luis Castillo or Freddy Peralta.
If someone legit offered a top 100 prospect I'd hire Elon Musk to send Moose to the other team on a rocket ship before the other GM hung up the phone. I'm expecting a prospect on a team's 15-20 range, and that may be too high.

The last couple years there have been 20 some odd teams still in contention because of the wild cards. This year there may be 12-15, and they aren't all going to be big buyers.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:36 AM   #2472

Lots of buzz on Twitter this morning that the Brewers have thrown their hat into the Machado sweepstakes. May have to wait on this before we'd see any traction on Merrifield.

Old 07-08-2018, 11:41 AM   #2473
Damnit Peg

Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:43 AM   #2474

Quote:
Lots of buzz on Twitter this morning that the Brewers have thrown their hat into the Machado sweepstakes. May have to wait on this before we'd see any traction on Merrifield.

If the Brewers would talk Santana and Arcia, that deal would almost certainly get done.

It might be an overpay for them but Arcia's been a disappointment and they're struggling to find a home for Santana. The Orioles will ask Huira but that's gonna be a tough pull for them.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:48 AM   #2475
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:

I don’t think they’ll get a TON. Landing a 10-20 guy and a 20-30 guy out of the Yankees system would be a really nice return for him.