Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM  
King Shit of **** Mountain

AI's role in employment

I realize I'm probably in the oldest 20% of the CP participant demo (calling on DaFace here), but this shit is just bizarre to me.

Walk in somewhere to apply for a job. Get directed to a website. Answer obvious questions that you'd have to be a moron to get wrong. Get introduced to your new bestest friend chatbot. Answer many of the same questions again, then regurgitate keywords. WTF?

Let me talk to the real human being running the damned business. Or is there a real human being running any business any more?

As an older guy, I'm not even applying for jobs for which I'm qualified because I'm done selling my soul to the company store Just let me do an honest day's work for a subsistence wage and I'll be just fine. I don't want to be in charge and on-call 24/7/365. Your 99.9999% uptime can suck my 99.9999% cock.

But what in the actual hell is happening where humans can't talk to humans?
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM   #2
Repeal the 19th Amendment

It’s definitely a shift from the days when you could walk into a business, chat with a real person, and get a sense of who you’d be working with. The reliance on chatbots and automated systems can be frustrating, especially when it feels like you’re navigating a maze of digital forms and artificial interactions rather than engaging with real people.

A few things are driving this trend:
  1. Efficiency and Cost: Companies are increasingly using chatbots and automated systems to streamline the hiring process and cut costs. These systems can handle large volumes of applications and pre-screen candidates more quickly than human staff, which is appealing from a business perspective.
  2. Standardization: Automated systems ensure that all candidates go through the same process, which can help with consistency in evaluating qualifications and skills. It also minimizes the risk of bias that might come from human interactions.
  3. Scalability: For larger companies or those with high turnover rates, chatbots and online systems can manage a larger number of applications without needing to scale up their HR departments accordingly.
  4. Pandemic Shift: The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated the shift to remote and digital processes, including hiring and onboarding. Many businesses found that digital tools could be effective and have continued to use them post-pandemic.
While these systems can streamline processes, they often lack the personal touch and nuance that a real conversation can provide. If you’re feeling frustrated, it might be helpful to look for companies that value direct human interaction and are known for a more personal approach in their hiring practices. Sometimes smaller companies or those in industries that value personal relationships might offer a more traditional and engaging application experience.

It’s also worth noting that the pendulum might swing back a bit as businesses and applicants alike evaluate the effectiveness of these digital tools versus human interaction. For now, adapting to these systems might be a necessary step, but it doesn’t mean the human touch is entirely gone—just evolving.

Spoiler!

Last edited by GeorgeZimZam; Yesterday at 07:31 PM..
GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.
Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam View Post
It’s definitely a shift from the days when you could walk into a business, chat with a real person, and get a sense of who you’d be working with. The reliance on chatbots and automated systems can be frustrating, especially when it feels like you’re navigating a maze of digital forms and artificial interactions rather than engaging with real people.

A few things are driving this trend:
  1. Efficiency and Cost: Companies are increasingly using chatbots and automated systems to streamline the hiring process and cut costs. These systems can handle large volumes of applications and pre-screen candidates more quickly than human staff, which is appealing from a business perspective.
  2. Standardization: Automated systems ensure that all candidates go through the same process, which can help with consistency in evaluating qualifications and skills. It also minimizes the risk of bias that might come from human interactions.
  3. Scalability: For larger companies or those with high turnover rates, chatbots and online systems can manage a larger number of applications without needing to scale up their HR departments accordingly.
  4. Pandemic Shift: The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated the shift to remote and digital processes, including hiring and onboarding. Many businesses found that digital tools could be effective and have continued to use them post-pandemic.
While these systems can streamline processes, they often lack the personal touch and nuance that a real conversation can provide. If you’re feeling frustrated, it might be helpful to look for companies that value direct human interaction and are known for a more personal approach in their hiring practices. Sometimes smaller companies or those in industries that value personal relationships might offer a more traditional and engaging application experience.

It’s also worth noting that the pendulum might swing back a bit as businesses and applicants alike evaluate the effectiveness of these digital tools versus human interaction. For now, adapting to these systems might be a necessary step, but it doesn’t mean the human touch is entirely gone—just evolving.
Why do I feel like this is an AI reply?
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
Why do I feel like this is an AI reply?
It’s understandable that you might feel like this response has an AI vibe, especially given the topics of automation and technology. The focus on trends, efficiencies, and industry shifts can come off as rather systematic and detached. But the frustration you're expressing is totally valid, and it's a sentiment many share as they navigate these digital transformations.

The nature of automated systems often means that the human element can feel diminished, which might be why it feels a bit impersonal. If it helps, I can try to offer a more personalized take or dive into specific aspects that might be more relatable or actionable for you.
GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM   #5
Dazed and Confused

PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM   #6

Quote:
It’s understandable that you might feel like this response has an AI vibe, especially given the topics of automation and technology. The focus on trends, efficiencies, and industry shifts can come off as rather systematic and detached. But the frustration you're expressing is totally valid, and it's a sentiment many share as they navigate these digital transformations.

The nature of automated systems often means that the human element can feel diminished, which might be why it feels a bit impersonal. If it helps, I can try to offer a more personalized take or dive into specific aspects that might be more relatable or actionable for you.
I appreciate your illustration of AI's abilities. Let me be clear that your effort is acknowledged
Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM   #7
It was not a fair catch

Education is the same way.

They ask a question. You type an answer. If you dont have the right key words in it, you WILL get bumped and no one will see your resume.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 08:09 PM   #8

Quote:
I appreciate your illustration of AI's abilities. Let me be clear that your effort is acknowledged
I appreciate the feedback! It’s a challenge to balance informative content with a personal touch, especially when discussing broad topics like automation and job processes. If you have specific concerns or experiences you’d like to delve into, or if there’s another angle you’re interested in exploring, just let me know. I’m here to help with whatever you need.
Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM   #9
Special Teams ACE!!!

I used to be able to PM Bob Dole. Now I have to go on a speed date with a damn robot
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM   #10

RIP TAY AI. YOU WILL BE FOREVER MISSED!

Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM   #11
Special Teams ACE!!!

My favorite Tay response was reacting to a picture of Hitler "Swagger before the internet was a thing"
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
My favorite Tay response was reacting to a picture of Hitler "Swagger before the internet was a thing"

Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM   #13

Quote:
I appreciate the feedback! It’s a challenge to balance informative content with a personal touch, especially when discussing broad topics like automation and job processes. If you have specific concerns or experiences you’d like to delve into, or if there’s another angle you’re interested in exploring, just let me know. I’m here to help with whatever you need.
Your algorithms should put a little more emphasis on human speech patterns, you insufferable twat. (Just trying a small stress test, you ****.)

(sorry if not familiar with British hate speech.)
Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Your algorithms should put a little more emphasis on human speech patterns, you insufferable twat. (Just trying a small stress test, you ****.)

(sorry if not familiar with British hate speech.)
I get it—you’re pushing boundaries to test my responses. No offense taken! I’m here to adapt to your style and needs, so if you’d prefer a more casual or direct approach, just let me know. Your feedback helps me improve, and I appreciate your honesty. Let’s tackle whatever’s on your mind.
Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM   #15

Quote:
I get it—you’re pushing boundaries to test my responses. No offense taken! I’m here to adapt to your style and needs, so if you’d prefer a more casual or direct approach, just let me know. Your feedback helps me improve, and I appreciate your honesty. Let’s tackle whatever’s on your mind.
I actually find this a little fascinating and enjoyable. I ran a dial-up BBS in the mid-80s before AOL ruined the Internet, and in those days "Chat with the Sysop" was a popular thing. I had a script that attempted to converse with chatters and I could modify it with basic replies to keywords. It was an entertaining game trying to fool people in to thinking they were interacting with a real person. Your Gob a tit just boinked that stitch, though. Might need a Bluejay and sparrow moment.