Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-15-2020, 02:26 PM  
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Disney Plus to reboot "FireFly" series?

Was a huge fan of FF, and it was one of the very few times I was angry when they canceled a show. Hope they bring this one back, with most if not all the original characters.

Quote:
Disney announced a lot of their big plans for the future in a huge investor presentation last week, but they didn’t announce all of them. There’s one property that I’ve been hearing whispers about that didn’t get mentioned. That property is Firefly. The lack of an announcement about it doesn’t mean, however, that Disney isn’t keen to do something with the Joss Whedon cult phenom. In fact, they’re working on a new Firefly series for Disney+. Development on their Firefly reboot is in such an early stage, however, that they couldn’t make an announcement about it during last week’s Investor Day.
https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/en...ot-disney.html
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2020, 02:33 PM   #2
Perpetual Mediocrity

Surprising. Doubt they could replicate what they had in that one season, though.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-15-2020, 02:34 PM   #3
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
Surprising. Doubt they could replicate what they had in that one season, though.
Probably you're right. But if they just get close, I'd be happy to watch.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2020, 02:35 PM   #4
Ain't no relax!

This makes me smile. But, I'm afraid it's been too long to recapture the magic of the original.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 02:39 PM   #5
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
This makes me smile. But, I'm afraid it's been too long to recapture the magic of the original.
Yeah, the IP wasn’t what made it work. It was the chemistry and execution. That’s going to be a tough sell on replicating
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 02:48 PM   #6
MY LITTLE #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Was a huge fan of FF, and it was one of the very few times I was angry when they canceled a show. Hope they bring this one back, with most if not all the original characters.
I doubt it. Nathan Fillion is fulltime on The Rookie on ABC. Plus, they killed off a few characters in Serenity, which was basically the closure for the series. If they do a reboot, it will probably be completely different actors. I'd watch it, though.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2020, 02:49 PM   #7
The Demon Preacher

Dunno how they are gonna really pull this off without Wash and Preacher... unless they plan on recasting everything and starting from scratch. IF they do... how much you wanna bet that it is Zoe that dies leaving Wash with a kid.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 12-15-2020, 02:51 PM   #8
MY LITTLE #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx View Post
Dunno how they are gonna really pull this off without Wash and Preacher... unless they plan on recasting everything and starting from scratch. IF they do... how much you wanna bet that it is Zoe that dies leaving Wash with a kid.
Wash was my favorite character.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:01 PM   #9
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv View Post
I doubt it. Nathan Fillion is fulltime on The Rookie on ABC. Plus, they killed off a few characters in Serenity, which was basically the closure for the series. If they do a reboot, it will probably be completely different actors. I'd watch it, though.
I've been watching "The Rookie," and like it quite a bit. Fun show.

Yeah, the storyline of "Serenity," creates some problems. Though I can think of some obvious work-arounds if they wanted to bring back the OC. And none of them include a holodeck or time travel or an alternate evil universe.

But the likeliest scenario is they recast it. Which kind of sux, because Morena Baccarin and Jewel Staite were both incredibly delicious. Uh, i mean they played their parts off. WoofWoof. Ah, they had great gams. Er, I liked them a lot.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:06 PM   #10
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv View Post
Wash was my favorite character.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:19 PM   #11
Veteran

Well, I guess Whedon is free if he's not too radioactive. I don't think it makes sense to recast it though, they've either got to get the original cast back together or do new characters in the same universe.
Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:52 PM   #12
MVP

This seems like a great idea ... If it was a 15 years ago. Now, not so much.
Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:59 PM   #13
Fight, build, win!

Never heard of the show had to look it up. Sounds interesting especially flesh eating mongrels Reavers. Ill give it a watch.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2020, 05:31 PM   #14
"You like to drink?"

Firefly took advantage of a niche in a sci-fi western with great characters. Serenity took care of the latter by killing off the most intriguing character in Book and the chief comic relief guy in Wash. You could retcon Wash but not Book given the fact Ron Glass is deceased.. so what then?

I love the Firefly verse and can buy the caveat that technology regresses in that humans are slapdash colonizing barely habitable planets but not everyone can suspend their disbelief that much. That explains the Western motifs.. which probably don't have a lot of gas now with Westworld's revival.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2020, 05:59 PM   #15
In Search of a Life

Where have all the Browncoats gone?
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.