Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-24-2019, 09:08 AM  
Starter

Do we really break the bank for Tyreek?

Hear me out. No doubt Tyreek has been great and has obvious chemistry with Mahomes. But do we really make him one of the highest paid WRs?

Here are my thoughts against this:

1) From having watched Mahomes through college, I have observed he really likes taller receivers who can go high to get the ball. Mahomes has of course had success with smaller slot receivers like Keke Coutee but a big bodied receiver can be just as deadly paired with Mahomes. Maybe draft a second receiving tight end?

2) We saw how easy it was to get Reek out of the game completely in the AFCCG. Paying reek would likely even mean there is no Watkins on the other side either.

3) Raw speed, in my humble opinion, is the fastest depreciating asset for any pro-athlete. Who is to say Tyreek from two years later will be faster than a fresh 21 year old coming out of college with a similar skill set?

4) The chemistry Tyreek and Patrick have was built in one off season. I am sure Mahomes can replicate that with mostly anyone. He got Albert Wilson paid last year.

Not saying Tyreek isn't great, he is a unicorn for sure but I am wary of the big money being discussed for his new deal.
CervezaChill has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CervezaChill has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CervezaChill has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CervezaChill has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CervezaChill has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CervezaChill has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CervezaChill has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CervezaChill has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CervezaChill has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CervezaChill has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CervezaChill has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:51 AM   #136
The 23rd Pillar

I agree with the pay Hill and draft Sammy's replacement crew. Hill is so much better than any of the former gadget/return/multi-tool players we've had over the years (Dante Hall, McCluster, DAT, etc). He's one of the best receivers we've ever had, IMO. He helped transform Alex Smith last year, afterall.

I don't know whether he has any more upside or not, but the way he can catch in traffic tells me that he'll be able to deal with some speed degradation when it comes.
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.