Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 09-19-2018, 03:51 PM  
Kind of a mod

Marvel planning spinoff TV series for Loki and Scarlet Witch

Figured this is different enough to get its own thread. I'm super stoked to get a series about Loki. Tom Hiddleston deserves to get to explore the character more. Not as excited about Scarlet Witch, but more MCU = better in my opinion. I wish it wasn't going to be on Disney's streaming service, but I'll probably still pay for it.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/l...ce-1202947551/

Loki, Scarlet Witch, Other Marvel Heroes to Get Own TV Series on Disney Streaming Service (EXCLUSIVE)
By JUSTIN KROLL

Disney is enlisting Earth’s Mightiest Heroes as the company prepares to launch its upcoming streaming service. The entertainment giant is in early development on an ambitious plan for a number of limited series centered on popular characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. These series will likely include shows centered on Loki and the Scarlet Witch, along with other beloved superheroes who have yet to appear in their own standalone movies.

Marvel and Disney had no comment.

There’s an important distinction from other Marvel small screen efforts, however. The actors who portrayed these heroes and villains in the Avengers films and their spin-offs, such as Tom Hiddleston and Elizabeth Olsen, are expected to play them in the streaming shows. Moreover, though sources close to the production are staying mum on the cost of the programming, the budgets are expected to be hefty rivaling those of a major studio productions. Each series is expected to include six to eight episodes. Marvel Studios will produce the shows and Kevin Feige, the guru of all things MCU, is expected to take a hands-on role in their development.

(more at the link)
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:57 PM   #2
testing ... 1, 2, 3

I saw that Variety article and got interested until I noticed they (Marvel & Disney) were in "early development". To me, that's Variety code for, "Hey! We got a reason to post up some clickbait!".

I think I hope it happens. I'm not sure Hiddleston or Olsen are keen on doing (what is basically) TV, though. Maybe they are.

How many streaming services will the market absorb? That's also a question that runs through my skeptical brain parts.

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:11 PM   #3
Kind of a mod

I think TV has become a more attractive possibility for actors in recent years as TV show budgets have ballooned. Game of Thrones, for example, has budgets that rival many major films. So I can see Hiddleston and Olsen being offered enough to make it worth their while.

Mainly, I truest Feige to manage this right, so I'm hopeful it'll happen and that it'll be really solid.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:22 PM   #4
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I think TV has become a more attractive possibility for actors in recent years as TV show budgets have ballooned. Game of Thrones, for example, has budgets that rival many major films. So I can see Hiddleston and Olsen being offered enough to make it worth their while.

Mainly, I truest Feige to manage this right, so I'm hopeful it'll happen and that it'll be really solid.
All true. I've been all over the Marvel stuff and could wax on for days about the MCU and what Marvel has accomplished. Like you, I have total faith in Feige.

By the way, Mr. DaFace ... how does a normal poster person include a UToob video that actually shows the picture part - not just the link (I've noticed other posters doing that).

Is there some secret? Does one require special permission? I would like to create a Norm MacDonald thread in this sub-forum (non-political I assure you, just some of his post SNL work).

Is there some way to do that? If permission is required, could I go on some sort of probational period or something?

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:12 PM   #5
Veteran

It's too bad they gave Hawkeye a family, I would have liked to see an adaptation of the Fraction/Aja series.
Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:38 PM   #6
mod-ish

I think I'd watch Elizabeth Olsen read insurance brochures on a streaming service.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:01 PM   #7
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
All true. I've been all over the Marvel stuff and could wax on for days about the MCU and what Marvel has accomplished. Like you, I have total faith in Feige.

By the way, Mr. DaFace ... how does a normal poster person include a UToob video that actually shows the picture part - not just the link (I've noticed other posters doing that).

Is there some secret? Does one require special permission? I would like to create a Norm MacDonald thread in this sub-forum (non-political I assure you, just some of his post SNL work).

Is there some way to do that? If permission is required, could I go on some sort of probational period or something?

FAX
If you're on YouTube, click the share button, then look for Embed. Copy the entire code (all the stuff including and between the iframe tags), then just paste it in your post. Be careful to copy the entire set of code or it'll mess things up.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:44 PM   #8
__

I'm lukewarm on those ideas, but I'd devour a show about Vision.

The MCU did a great job turning him into a fascinating, magnetic character that existed both inside and outside of humanity.

Too bad.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:47 PM   #9
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
If you're on YouTube, click the share button, then look for Embed. Copy the entire code (all the stuff including and between the iframe tags), then just paste it in your post. Be careful to copy the entire set of code or it'll mess things up.
Thank you, Mr. DaFace.

It's good to know that my collection of Norm MacDonald videos can now be shared with the world.

Appreciate your help, there.

FAX
Old 09-19-2018, 09:48 PM   #10
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
I'm lukewarm on those ideas, but I'd devour a show about Vision.

The MCU did a great job turning him into a fascinating, magnetic character that existed both inside and outside of humanity.

Too bad.
Surely they would guest star a bunch of those guys, wouldn't they?

FAX
Old 09-20-2018, 12:17 PM   #11
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
Surely they would guest star a bunch of those guys, wouldn't they?

FAX
Surely.

I just think Vision is a fascinating character that the movies shortchanged because he's so overpowered.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:31 PM   #12
Needs more middle fingers

I don't understand the love affair people have with Loki. I find the character to be shallow, un exciting and annoying actually.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2018, 04:44 PM   #13
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Surely.

I just think Vision is a fascinating character that the movies shortchanged because he's so overpowered.
Ah ... I see.

It's difficult for the Marveloids, though. By the time Vision came along, the cast was already super crowded. I don't know how they could have given him a proper arc or even developed his character.

Let's start a crowd-fund deal to convince Marvel to give him a stand-alone. I've got 20 bucks to pitch in.

FAX THE DUDE WITH 20 BUCKS
Old 09-20-2018, 04:47 PM   #14
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
I don't understand the love affair people have with Loki. I find the character to be shallow, un exciting and annoying actually.
Wow ... great actor, great character to play, emotionally balanced pages for him to read ...

We see this one very differently, Mr. Detoxing. That makes me sad for some reason. I prefer the dynamic when people I like like the same things I like just like them.

FAX THE KNOWS THAT DOESN'T ALWAYS WORK OUT
Old 09-20-2018, 09:28 PM   #15
Kind of a mod

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Loki. He's been a little...flaky?...in the films so far, but they could easily fill in a ton of interesting backstory with a TV series that would help to explain his underlying motivations. I think it could be really interesting.