Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 09-09-2018, 07:35 AM  
Mod Team

Wireless outdoor security camera.

Looking to add one camera that videos down my walkway and hits my driveway. Want something wireless for ease of setup.

Any recommendations? Things to be aware of with wireless cameras?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:39 AM   #2
MVP

We use the Arlo Pro 2 and are very happy with it. Only downside is that it is motion activated - which means there are some false alarms when an animal moves in front of it.

I have video of a hummingbird just staring into it, wasps bussing around it, and one where a frog was trying to **** it.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:01 AM   #3
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
We use the Arlo Pro 2 and are very happy with it. Only downside is that it is motion activated - which means there are some false alarms when an animal moves in front of it.

I have video of a hummingbird just staring into it, wasps bussing around it, and one where a frog was trying to **** it.
Actually I don’t mind that but do you know how far the motion activation reaches? Some cameras record 24/7 and I’m worried about that just wasting storage space and data so motion activated would be ok with me.

What’s battery life on those?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:20 AM   #4
Shit

I just got my whole house covered with a ring system just yesterday.

The camera works awesome
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:51 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Actually I don’t mind that but do you know how far the motion activation reaches? Some cameras record 24/7 and I’m worried about that just wasting storage space and data so motion activated would be ok with me.

What’s battery life on those?
It will notice when someone is in the top left of the frame, and begins recording by the time they reach that bend in the walk. We have to charge the one at the front door about every three months, it goes off a lot due to birds and deliveries. The two we have in the back are going on 6 months since the last charge, and are down to about 15%.

OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:53 AM   #6
My work speaks for itself!!!

I have the ring video with night vision and spotlight when motion is detected.

It works rather well, and I can be at work and see "live" when motion detected from the app on my phone.

The only downside, is that I have a small tree in the line of sight that blows in the wind and triggers the video in the midday (often). There's a way to adjust the sensitivity, I believe, but I've been too lazy to check it out.

That all said, for 160-170 bucks - fantastic. Probably eventually get another for my back patio.
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:20 PM   #7
Mod Team

Blink was recommended to me more than once as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Blink-Home-Se...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Old 09-10-2018, 03:39 PM   #8
Cast Iron Jedi

We like our Arlo Pros.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:00 PM   #9
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

I had to troubleshoot an issue with a guys wifi system at his house. Found out that the wireless cameras work on the same frequency and can flood the area and **** with the wifi signal. Just something to consider.
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:28 PM   #10
MVP

Ring is a tad bit slow. It might be my internet speed, but I think it is more often my phone slowing it down and I am almost always on 4g.
Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:48 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
We like our Arlo Pros.
Any issues with them not waking quick enough for motion? I researched these maybe 2 years back and seemed to be the problem is you’d just catch someone walking away after coming to your porch (think this may have just been no pro models).
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-11-2018, 03:07 AM   #12
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Any issues with them not waking quick enough for motion? I researched these maybe 2 years back and seemed to be the problem is you’d just catch someone walking away after coming to your porch (think this may have just been no pro models).
Once in a while that happens, but usually it's good.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:21 PM   #13
Banned

wish the neighborhood would invest in cameras that catch every license plate that enter the street
PmCakes Loves all of Deberg's threads.PmCakes Loves all of Deberg's threads.PmCakes Loves all of Deberg's threads.PmCakes Loves all of Deberg's threads.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:06 PM   #14
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
It will notice when someone is in the top left of the frame, and begins recording by the time they reach that bend in the walk. We have to charge the one at the front door about every three months, it goes off a lot due to birds and deliveries. The two we have in the back are going on 6 months since the last charge, and are down to about 15%.

Is that your place?

Nice red door!
Old 09-12-2018, 09:30 PM   #15
Supporter

I'm in the same boat. Probably need about 3 cameras for solid coverage. Have you settled on anything lewdog?
Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.