Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 08-27-2018, 12:01 PM  
Tre Right, Three Jet Chip Wasp

Castle Rock

Anyone else watching this? Its on weekly release via Hulu. Finished the first ep last night and really like it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6548228/
Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:48 PM   #2
Supporter

How much you enjoy it depends a good bit on how much you enjoy picking out bits and pieces of King's works in the plots and visuals.

Hard to gauge how compelling it would be if this were a completely new work with no reference points or history.

That said, the most recent episode is a pretty powerful culmination of everything that came before. I won't spoil how it achieves that, it's not in the traditional way of paying off storylines, but it's an interesting exercise. Best episode of the series thus far, albeit with only one or two episodes left.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:08 PM   #3
Tre Right, Three Jet Chip Wasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
How much you enjoy it depends a good bit on how much you enjoy picking out bits and pieces of King's works in the plots and visuals.

Hard to gauge how compelling it would be if this were a completely new work with no reference points or history.

That said, the most recent episode is a pretty powerful culmination of everything that came before. I won't spoil how it achieves that, it's not in the traditional way of paying off storylines, but it's an interesting exercise. Best episode of the series thus far, albeit with only one or two episodes left.
I see how you'd need to be a fan of King or know about his past works to truly appreciate the complexity and tie-ins to the overarching multiverse. If you strip that away is it kind of a run of the mill "spooky" series. I'm looking forward to seeing the ep you're talking about.

With so many known actors in it the budget must be somewhat large. Hopefully it pays off.
Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:03 PM   #4
**** That Noise

Quote:

The last episode was my least favorite.
RustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-30-2018, 03:43 AM   #5
Supporter

I loved the last episode! ...puzzling but makes a bold attempt to take you on the journey though the mind of somebody in the grips of dementia/Alzheimer's...I loved it! Plus Sissy Spacek is so gotdamn awesome! (I absolutely loved her in the Bloodline series!), it made it even better. I'd royally give her this 'D' ...I know that might nauseate a few of you...but the thought of deep stroking "Carrie"....gets my blood circulating.

As for the overall series, Im enjoying it quite a bit. Bill Skarsgard ...knowing he plays Pennywise in IT...that kinda adds to his character and makes him even creepier. I liked the whole "Listen to other Parallel Universes" angle as well.

I have yet to see the latest ep 8/29. Working two jobs ...80-90 hr work weeks doesn't offer much if any enjoyable tv time but I will definitely catch up this labor day weekend
SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:25 AM   #6
You Sweetie!

I will begin this soon, I think.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:33 PM   #7
You Sweetie!

this is so good - I'm headed into EPI #3 tonight.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:45 PM   #8
In Search of a Life

Just watched Ep. 7. Wow, that was intense. While I don't want to bone her like at least one other in this thread, Sissy Spacek is a phenomenal actress.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:18 AM   #9
MVP

Late night/ morning binged it and was unable to turn it off.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:29 AM   #10
King Shit of **** Mountain

Just caught up. Thoroughly enjoying it, though still trying to figure out the cage guy. Anyone else notice the taxi gal Jackie has the same last name as the family from The Shining? I’m wondering if there’s going to be a reveal there at some point given her morbid interest in the macabre.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:40 AM   #11
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
Just caught up. Thoroughly enjoying it, though still trying to figure out the cage guy. Anyone else notice the taxi gal Jackie has the same last name as the family from The Shining? I’m wondering if there’s going to be a reveal there at some point given her morbid interest in the macabre.
No offense Bob, but they've been practically hammering you over the head with the Jackie Torrence thing.

Jack [a dull boy] Torrence was the dad in The Shining.
Jackie wasn't born named Jackie, but changed it to honor her uncle.
She's made several references to said uncle being a famous killer and I believe even mentioned taking his family to watch a closed hotel for the winter.
She's flaunted her knowledge of axes.
And she took that chick out with an effing ax to the head.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:51 AM   #12

Quote:
No offense Bob, but they've been practically hammering you over the head with the Jackie Torrence thing.

Jack [a dull boy] Torrence was the dad in The Shining.
Jackie wasn't born named Jackie, but changed it to honor her uncle.
She's made several references to said uncle being a famous killer and I believe even mentioned taking his family to watch a closed hotel for the winter.
She's flaunted her knowledge of axes.
And she took that chick out with an effing ax to the head.
I struggle to get full episodes in one sitting because of my shit cell connection, so I guess I missed a bunch of nuanced stuff. I should probably go back and binge watch from the beginning on a laptop when I have a real connection. I did finally figure out I can watch at 5:30 am without too many interruptions.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:45 AM   #13
You Sweetie!

Quote:
yes there's several Easter eggs.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:27 AM   #14

Watched E9 this morning and am even more confused.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:53 PM   #15
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Watched E9 this morning and am even more confused.
I'm not there yet - I'm going to start #8 this weekend.