Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-02-2009, 09:59 AM  
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

And so the "Matt Cassel to KC" Rumors Begin...

As if they hadn't started already...

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...&position=also

Matt Cassel draws interest

TAMPA - They might not have been one of the two Super Bowl participants last night, but the Patriots [team stats] still generated a lot of talk on Radio Row during the week.

With Matt Cassel making the rounds, there was plenty of speculation on how much interest he would draw should the Pats apply the franchise tag and then trade him.

The pundits’ top pick to land Cassel in that scenario is Kansas City. Obviously, the Scott Pioli factor weighs heavily in that choice, with the Pats former vice president of player personnel now calling the shots for the Chiefs.

“I’d really look at Pioli down there in Kansas City. Why wouldn’t he want him?” Sirius NFL radio analyst Jim Miller said. “He knows what the kid is capable of doing. So I think he’d be on their radar.”

Miller, like most analysts, doesn’t see the crop of quarterbacks in this year’s NFL Draft as particularly appealing. That boosts the draw for Cassel, especially if Pioli decides he’s not satisfied with the collection of QBs he inherited after taking over the job.

“I don’t think this is a strong quarterback draft. Everybody is saying Matthew Stafford of Georgia and Mark Sanchez of USC are going to go in the Top 10. I don’t believe that,” Miller said. “I don’t think those guys are ready. And I don’t think you’ll see the type of success guys like Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco had. They just haven’t played enough. So I can’t see teams wanting them.

“But if Kansas (City) were to make that deal, that’s their Matt Ryan. That’s their Joe Flacco. Unlike a Sanchez, for instance, they know he’s playing at a starter’s level. So to them, I think it’d be worth it to do. They’d get their starting quarterback, they know what he’s capable of doing, and they’ve seen him win games at the NFL level.”

Other experts, meanwhile, aren’t sure Pioli would want to deal with his former boss right out of the gate.

Some other teams figuring to make a pitch for Cassel include the New York Jets, Detroit, Minnesota, San Francisco, Carolina, Tampa Bay and Chicago.

As for what Cassel would land in a trade, there were differing opinions. Miller, for one, thought he would cost a second-round draft choice.

The decision to trade or keep Cassel will ultimately depend on Tom Brady [stats]’s health. While reports have him on target to play in the season opener, he still has a few hurdles to clear before that point following reconstructive surgery on his left knee and a subsequent staph infection.

“I think a lot is going to depend on where Kevin O’Connell is in his development. If they feel they can move Matt to benefit their team, they’ll do it,” said Miller, a one-time Pats backup quarterback. “It’s rolling the dice on Tom and whether he’s healthy, and two, can they do it with Kevin O’Connell? The question they have to ask is if O’Connell is as capable of what they have in Matt Cassel?”
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #121
**** That Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by billay View Post
Kurt Warner is a better example. Sorry you're a simpleton.
Do you play the powerball a lot? Seems like you think you can always defy all odds and hit the jackpot.
RustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #122
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
My point is that he no longer counts as an inexperienced back up. He is the same risk as any QB taken in the draft. I consider his training at NE the same, if not better than the one any college QB receives in his college career.
Yeah, except he's older and has less upside. From reading many of your takes I find that if you want to go in one direction I hope the Chiefs do the opposite.
DaKCMan AP has disabled reputation
Old 02-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #123
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post
Do you not realize the difference in likelihood between finding a Kurt Warner and drafting a Peyton Manning or Ben Roethlisberger?
I certainly do but for every Peyton Manning or Ben Roethlisberger theres a Ryan Leaf or Cade McNown.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #124
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Did you actually watch him play? The guy improved drastically as the season progressed. He started off as a checkdown guy and by the end of the season he was making plays. I don't want to trade for him, but to simply dismiss him like that is just silly.
This.
Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:51 PM   #125
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Is it just me or do you have nothing of substance to say? Funny when people are challenged on this site they have to play the n00b card. Your whole argument about Cassells suscess is because of Moss and Welker and yet you want us to draft Matt Stafford who was an average QB.
So who should we draft all knowing powerful one?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:51 PM   #126
**** That Noise

Quote:
Is it just me or do you have nothing of substance to say? Funny when people are challenged on this site they have to play the n00b card. Your whole argument about Cassells suscess is because of Moss and Welker and yet you want us to draft Matt Stafford who was an average QB.
Stafford played behind a worse Oline than Cassel and didn't have WR's nearly as good either.
RustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-02-2009, 02:51 PM   #127
The Insider

Signing/trading for Cassel is what this franchise has done since Dawson retired other the Blackledge and Croyle, they have never tried to get their own QB. I'm sorry if dumb****s want to keep doing status quo.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:51 PM   #128
**** That Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 View Post
So who should we draft all knowing powerful one?
He doesn't want to draft anyone, he wants to trade for one year wonders.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #129

Quote:
I certainly do but for every Peyton Manning or Ben Roethlisberger theres a Ryan Leaf or Cade McNown.
For every Kurt Warner there are thousands and thousands of Casey Printers and James Killians.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #130
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
For every Joe Thomas....there is a Robert Gallery.

For every Larry Fitzgerald....there is a Mike Williams.

For every.........

I could go on and on....so what's your ****ing point?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #131
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
Cassel threw 20 TD passing more while Brady threw 50 in the same offense. Hes GREAT!
I think the NE of two seasons ago was a fluke, at least partially. I have a hard time believing they would have equaled that performance this year, even with Brady.
Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #132
**** That Noise

Quote:
For every Kurt Warner there are A LOT more shitty QB's.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:53 PM   #133
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
Signing/trading for Cassel is what this franchise has done since Dawson retired other the Blackledge and Croyle, they have never tried to get their own QB. I'm sorry if dumb****s want to keep doing status quo.
You don't always need to draft your own QB to win is the point. If we had a good GM we would have made atleast 1 super bowl with Trent Green as the Qb.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:53 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
This. No more Steve Bono's or Elvis Grbac's, please.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:53 PM   #135
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
I think the NE of two seasons ago was a fluke, at least partially. I have a hard time believing they would have equaled that performance this year, even with Brady.

DEAR GOD.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.