Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-02-2009, 09:59 AM  
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

And so the "Matt Cassel to KC" Rumors Begin...

As if they hadn't started already...

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...&position=also

Matt Cassel draws interest

TAMPA - They might not have been one of the two Super Bowl participants last night, but the Patriots [team stats] still generated a lot of talk on Radio Row during the week.

With Matt Cassel making the rounds, there was plenty of speculation on how much interest he would draw should the Pats apply the franchise tag and then trade him.

The pundits’ top pick to land Cassel in that scenario is Kansas City. Obviously, the Scott Pioli factor weighs heavily in that choice, with the Pats former vice president of player personnel now calling the shots for the Chiefs.

“I’d really look at Pioli down there in Kansas City. Why wouldn’t he want him?” Sirius NFL radio analyst Jim Miller said. “He knows what the kid is capable of doing. So I think he’d be on their radar.”

Miller, like most analysts, doesn’t see the crop of quarterbacks in this year’s NFL Draft as particularly appealing. That boosts the draw for Cassel, especially if Pioli decides he’s not satisfied with the collection of QBs he inherited after taking over the job.

“I don’t think this is a strong quarterback draft. Everybody is saying Matthew Stafford of Georgia and Mark Sanchez of USC are going to go in the Top 10. I don’t believe that,” Miller said. “I don’t think those guys are ready. And I don’t think you’ll see the type of success guys like Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco had. They just haven’t played enough. So I can’t see teams wanting them.

“But if Kansas (City) were to make that deal, that’s their Matt Ryan. That’s their Joe Flacco. Unlike a Sanchez, for instance, they know he’s playing at a starter’s level. So to them, I think it’d be worth it to do. They’d get their starting quarterback, they know what he’s capable of doing, and they’ve seen him win games at the NFL level.”

Other experts, meanwhile, aren’t sure Pioli would want to deal with his former boss right out of the gate.

Some other teams figuring to make a pitch for Cassel include the New York Jets, Detroit, Minnesota, San Francisco, Carolina, Tampa Bay and Chicago.

As for what Cassel would land in a trade, there were differing opinions. Miller, for one, thought he would cost a second-round draft choice.

The decision to trade or keep Cassel will ultimately depend on Tom Brady [stats]’s health. While reports have him on target to play in the season opener, he still has a few hurdles to clear before that point following reconstructive surgery on his left knee and a subsequent staph infection.

“I think a lot is going to depend on where Kevin O’Connell is in his development. If they feel they can move Matt to benefit their team, they’ll do it,” said Miller, a one-time Pats backup quarterback. “It’s rolling the dice on Tom and whether he’s healthy, and two, can they do it with Kevin O’Connell? The question they have to ask is if O’Connell is as capable of what they have in Matt Cassel?”
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:45 PM   #106
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
You must love Sanchez too since hes only had one year of starting experience too. Were you dying for us to trade for Anderson after his one successful year?
Nope. I don't like Sanchez thats been well documented and find a post where I said we should have traded for Derek Anderson.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #107
Banned

Quote:
That same team won 18 games last year, the only major difference was at QB.
And maybe the schedule. And maybe because every year is different.
Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #108
**** That Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by billay View Post
Actually No he threw the ball quite a bit to Bowe too. Must not have watched that Saints game eh? There were plenty of games where Thigpen threw a jump ball to Bowe.
There you go again, you can say an exception so the rest of the games don't matter.
RustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #109
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post
Bowe <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Moss, Fitzgerald
Whered I say that? Those 2 players are the best WR's on there team and Bowe is the best WR on our team. He's tall and athletic are you saying Haley wouldn't utilize him like he did with Fitzgerald?
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #110
**** That Noise

Quote:
Nope. I don't like Sanchez thats been well documented and find a post where I said we should have traded for Derek Anderson.
Why wouldn't you? Its the same situation.
RustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-02-2009, 02:47 PM   #111
The Insider

Bringing up the AFL days when all the players early on were castoffs. Nice comparsion jackass.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:47 PM   #112
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
There you go again, you can say an exception so the rest of the games don't matter.
I was pointing out the Saints game but there were plenty of other games where we threw jump balls to Bowe. Do you got something of substance to offer or are you going to play stupid/skew things?
Old 02-02-2009, 02:47 PM   #113
**** That Noise

Is it just me, or do the n00bs keep getting dumber and dumber?
Old 02-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #114
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
Bringing up the AFL days when all the players early on were castoffs. Nice comparsion jackass.
Kurt Warner is a better example. Sorry you're a simpleton.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #115
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity

Quote:
Whered I say that? Those 2 players are the best WR's on there team and Bowe is the best WR on our team. He's tall and athletic are you saying Haley wouldn't utilize him like he did with Fitzgerald?
Players like Randy Moss and Larry Fitzgerald make their QBs better. Bowe is not that type of player, at least not yet.
DaKCMan AP has disabled reputation
Old 02-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #116
Deus ambulans inter homines

IF they come to the decision based on their evaluation of the top 2 QB’s in the draft not being their QBOTF, based on grading out, value at their pick vs other guys on the board they like better… then maybe I could see this going down.
> >
But, I’d like to offer nothing more than a 3rd. It’s a high 3rd, and I don’t think he’s worth our high 2nd. At worst, swap 2nd round picks with them and give them our 4th. Of course, NE isn’t going to want to part with getting so little in return- esp. when Brady’s recovery is in limbo and there is no proven reliable other backup up in beantown. I don’t think they can feasible try and tag him b/c they’d have to pay him 14.25 mil next year at the minimum. That’s a huge gamble, and that cap hit would seriously screw with their ability to field their 53 man roster as they’d like and they’d be stupid to screw with the team’s roster for cap space when they have a good shot at another title for at least a few years, presumably… ?
> >
Pioli would already know this like the back of his hand in regards to MC being a true starter caliber QB. However, if KC doesn’t take a sniff of the guy during FA, other teams are going to take notice of his apparent lack of interest. Of course Pioli could also do this just to try to drive down his value, both in terms of offering a draft pick to get him and negotiating his contract? See how much more control you can leverage when you have a tight ship that doesn’t have a bunch of leaks!
> >
If we did go that route, Pioli could then go his normal course of selecting a QB in the later rounds of the draft like he’s done each year.. I thought I remember hearing that Rhett Bomar had himself a fairly good showing during Senior Bowl week, and would be someone of good value depending on how late you can take a runner on the guy?
> >
> >
For whoever mentioned picking up Boldin in FA, I’d LOVE to do that. After the guy had his face broken earlier this year and he managed to come back after 4 weeks, when most players would have sat out the rest of the year, and the fact he refused to take any painkillers with that much damage- he can play for my team any day of the week. Dude just loves playing football. If Haley ended up being our HC, he might be able to sway him to come along, but I thought I heard that LF was offering to redo his contract so AZ could resign him? I don’t think Haley and Boldin have any bad blood regardless of their little skirmish on the sidelines.

Quote:
No, seriously.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/ga...her/index.html

New England Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel doesn’t like golden showers.

The football star was in line for the bathroom at ESPN’s Tampa Bay Super Bowl bash Friday night when a drunken reveler tried to cut in front of him. “Matt told him to wait his turn and headed into the urinals,” a spy tells us. Moments later, the fella barged in and proceeded to purposefully pee directly on Cassel’s leg. After security tossed the drunk, Cassel headed back out into the crowd, wet pants and all
It was Pollard that pissed on him. Dude seriously does not like NE QB's!!
Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #117
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post
So were Tyler Thigpen and Dan Orslovsky. Your point?
My point is that he no longer counts as an inexperienced back up. He is the same risk as any QB taken in the draft. I consider his training at NE the same, if not better than the one any college QB receives in his college career.
Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #118
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity

Quote:
Kurt Warner is a better example. Sorry you're a simpleton.
Do you not realize the difference in likelihood between finding a Kurt Warner and drafting a Peyton Manning or Ben Roethlisberger?
DaKCMan AP has disabled reputation
Old 02-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #119
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER View Post
Don't know enough about Cassel. But what would everyone's opinion be of this:

Chiefs trade second round pick to NE for Cassel.
Chiefs trade first round pick to Eagles for their two first round picks and their second round pick?

In deference to Michael Phelps please no bong smilies...
If they had a snorting meth smilie....I'd use it here.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #120
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Is it just me, or do the n00bs keep getting dumber and dumber?
Is it just me or do you have nothing of substance to say? Funny when people are challenged on this site they have to play the n00b card. Your whole argument about Cassells suscess is because of Moss and Welker and yet you want us to draft Matt Stafford who was an average QB.