Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 02-02-2009, 09:59 AM  
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

And so the "Matt Cassel to KC" Rumors Begin...

As if they hadn't started already...

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...&position=also

Matt Cassel draws interest

TAMPA - They might not have been one of the two Super Bowl participants last night, but the Patriots [team stats] still generated a lot of talk on Radio Row during the week.

With Matt Cassel making the rounds, there was plenty of speculation on how much interest he would draw should the Pats apply the franchise tag and then trade him.

The pundits’ top pick to land Cassel in that scenario is Kansas City. Obviously, the Scott Pioli factor weighs heavily in that choice, with the Pats former vice president of player personnel now calling the shots for the Chiefs.

“I’d really look at Pioli down there in Kansas City. Why wouldn’t he want him?” Sirius NFL radio analyst Jim Miller said. “He knows what the kid is capable of doing. So I think he’d be on their radar.”

Miller, like most analysts, doesn’t see the crop of quarterbacks in this year’s NFL Draft as particularly appealing. That boosts the draw for Cassel, especially if Pioli decides he’s not satisfied with the collection of QBs he inherited after taking over the job.

“I don’t think this is a strong quarterback draft. Everybody is saying Matthew Stafford of Georgia and Mark Sanchez of USC are going to go in the Top 10. I don’t believe that,” Miller said. “I don’t think those guys are ready. And I don’t think you’ll see the type of success guys like Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco had. They just haven’t played enough. So I can’t see teams wanting them.

“But if Kansas (City) were to make that deal, that’s their Matt Ryan. That’s their Joe Flacco. Unlike a Sanchez, for instance, they know he’s playing at a starter’s level. So to them, I think it’d be worth it to do. They’d get their starting quarterback, they know what he’s capable of doing, and they’ve seen him win games at the NFL level.”

Other experts, meanwhile, aren’t sure Pioli would want to deal with his former boss right out of the gate.

Some other teams figuring to make a pitch for Cassel include the New York Jets, Detroit, Minnesota, San Francisco, Carolina, Tampa Bay and Chicago.

As for what Cassel would land in a trade, there were differing opinions. Miller, for one, thought he would cost a second-round draft choice.

The decision to trade or keep Cassel will ultimately depend on Tom Brady [stats]’s health. While reports have him on target to play in the season opener, he still has a few hurdles to clear before that point following reconstructive surgery on his left knee and a subsequent staph infection.

“I think a lot is going to depend on where Kevin O’Connell is in his development. If they feel they can move Matt to benefit their team, they’ll do it,” said Miller, a one-time Pats backup quarterback. “It’s rolling the dice on Tom and whether he’s healthy, and two, can they do it with Kevin O’Connell? The question they have to ask is if O’Connell is as capable of what they have in Matt Cassel?”
KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:40 PM   #91
**** That Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by billay View Post
Coming from a guy who has Matt Stafford in his avtar i'd say your evaluation on what a good QB is doesn't mean much.
Even though the rest of the world has Stafford projected as a top pick too huh. No one knows what they are talking about but you.
RustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #92
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity

Quote:
You must not have watched many Patriots games. They didn't use Cassell the same way they used Brady. Honestly you're really nitpicking too. Are you trying to say the reason the Pats missed the playoffs was because Matt Cassell? Comparing the 2007 team to the 2008 team is comparing apples to oranges.
If they had Brady at QB do you think they would have made the playoffs?
DaKCMan AP has disabled reputation
Old 02-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #93
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post
Yes, I watched a few of his games and he can go somewhere and QB a team but I don't want him to be my starter. He made some plays, other times he figured out he could just chuck a jump ball to Moss.
You don't think he can chuck a jump ball to Bowe? Thats how Thigpen had success. If Haley is our coach Bowe will be used like Fitzgeralrd.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #94
**** That Noise

Quote:
Good thing you weren't our GM in the 60's. I guess Len Dawson was a "castoff".
Oh shit bring up the 60's when the game was totally different. You are one of the most clueless pieces of shit here aren't you?
RustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #95
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity

Quote:
You don't think he can chuck a jump ball to Bowe? Thats how Thigpen had success. If Haley is our coach Bowe will be used like Fitzgeralrd.
Bowe <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Moss, Fitzgerald
DaKCMan AP has disabled reputation
Old 02-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #96
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post
If they had Brady at QB do you think they would have made the playoffs?

Probably. I'm not saying Cassell is Tom Brady but I'm saying Cassell is a damn good QB. You could also argue that if the Pats learned how to defend the wildcat they would have been in the playoffs or if some of there key defensive players or even running backs wouldn't have been injured they would have made the playoffs. Cassell played good enough for that team to make it to the playoffs.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:43 PM   #97
**** That Noise

Quote:
Actually Thigpen has his success throwing it to Gonzales since Bowe has shown on multiple occasions he has trouble catching the ball.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:43 PM   #98
MVP

Come on now, you guys are seriously comparing a dude who hadn't played since high school with a HOFer? Cassel was basically learning how to play the position in the NFL this year.
Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:43 PM   #99
MVP

Quote:
Good thing you weren't our GM in the 60's. I guess Len Dawson was a "castoff".
Yeah, the game hasn't changed AT ALL in the past FORTY years.

If this were the 60's, some of you guys would be begging to wait until the 16th round to draft a QB.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:44 PM   #100
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
Oh shit bring up the 60's when the game was totally different. You are one of the most clueless pieces of shit here aren't you?
lol so you don't have a point and have to refer to name calling? Sure the game is different but still Len Dawson was a cast off no? Kurt Warner was a cast off no?
Old 02-02-2009, 02:44 PM   #101
MVP

Quote:
Probably. I'm not saying Cassell is Tom Brady but I'm saying Cassell is a damn good QB. You could also argue that if the Pats learned how to defend the wildcat they would have been in the playoffs or if some of there key defensive players or even running backs wouldn't have been injured they would have made the playoffs. Cassell played good enough for that team to make it to the playoffs.
Derek Anderson is a damn good QB.

Er, oops.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:44 PM   #102
**** That Noise

Quote:
You must love Sanchez too since hes only had one year of starting experience too. Were you dying for us to trade for Anderson after his one successful year?
Old 02-02-2009, 02:44 PM   #103
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
Actually Thigpen has his success throwing it to Gonzales since Bowe has shown on multiple occasions he has trouble catching the ball.
Actually No he threw the ball quite a bit to Bowe too. Must not have watched that Saints game eh? There were plenty of games where Thigpen threw a jump ball to Bowe.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:44 PM   #104
In Search of a Life

Don't know enough about Cassel. But what would everyone's opinion be of this:

Chiefs trade second round pick to NE for Cassel.
Chiefs trade first round pick to Eagles for their two first round picks and their second round pick?

In deference to Michael Phelps please no bong smilies...
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:45 PM   #105
**** That Noise

Quote:
lol so you don't have a point and have to refer to name calling? Sure the game is different but still Len Dawson was a cast off no? Kurt Warner was a cast off no?
You can name a few, but since you like to go against the odds you are probably for drafting a QB in the 6th round instead too because its been done?