Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 02-02-2009, 09:59 AM  
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

And so the "Matt Cassel to KC" Rumors Begin...

As if they hadn't started already...

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...&position=also

Matt Cassel draws interest

TAMPA - They might not have been one of the two Super Bowl participants last night, but the Patriots [team stats] still generated a lot of talk on Radio Row during the week.

With Matt Cassel making the rounds, there was plenty of speculation on how much interest he would draw should the Pats apply the franchise tag and then trade him.

The pundits’ top pick to land Cassel in that scenario is Kansas City. Obviously, the Scott Pioli factor weighs heavily in that choice, with the Pats former vice president of player personnel now calling the shots for the Chiefs.

“I’d really look at Pioli down there in Kansas City. Why wouldn’t he want him?” Sirius NFL radio analyst Jim Miller said. “He knows what the kid is capable of doing. So I think he’d be on their radar.”

Miller, like most analysts, doesn’t see the crop of quarterbacks in this year’s NFL Draft as particularly appealing. That boosts the draw for Cassel, especially if Pioli decides he’s not satisfied with the collection of QBs he inherited after taking over the job.

“I don’t think this is a strong quarterback draft. Everybody is saying Matthew Stafford of Georgia and Mark Sanchez of USC are going to go in the Top 10. I don’t believe that,” Miller said. “I don’t think those guys are ready. And I don’t think you’ll see the type of success guys like Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco had. They just haven’t played enough. So I can’t see teams wanting them.

“But if Kansas (City) were to make that deal, that’s their Matt Ryan. That’s their Joe Flacco. Unlike a Sanchez, for instance, they know he’s playing at a starter’s level. So to them, I think it’d be worth it to do. They’d get their starting quarterback, they know what he’s capable of doing, and they’ve seen him win games at the NFL level.”

Other experts, meanwhile, aren’t sure Pioli would want to deal with his former boss right out of the gate.

Some other teams figuring to make a pitch for Cassel include the New York Jets, Detroit, Minnesota, San Francisco, Carolina, Tampa Bay and Chicago.

As for what Cassel would land in a trade, there were differing opinions. Miller, for one, thought he would cost a second-round draft choice.

The decision to trade or keep Cassel will ultimately depend on Tom Brady [stats]’s health. While reports have him on target to play in the season opener, he still has a few hurdles to clear before that point following reconstructive surgery on his left knee and a subsequent staph infection.

“I think a lot is going to depend on where Kevin O’Connell is in his development. If they feel they can move Matt to benefit their team, they’ll do it,” said Miller, a one-time Pats backup quarterback. “It’s rolling the dice on Tom and whether he’s healthy, and two, can they do it with Kevin O’Connell? The question they have to ask is if O’Connell is as capable of what they have in Matt Cassel?”
KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:55 PM   #526
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Well, actually it doesn't. It just prevents you from seeing them.
Ok.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:28 PM   #527
MVP

Well damn, Rabblerouser is a huge pussy. Who cries about being neg repped, besides a huge pussy?
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:44 PM   #528
Can't Use That Disney Ass Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
How many playoffs games has Matt Stafford won? I was wrong he would have been a great fit here with our playoff victory drought.

And what are you doing bumping shit from almost 10 years ago? Damn Michael you dont have a job?
LOL I didn't bump a damn thing. This was bumped by someone else. Just looked through and saw that funny knock on Stafford. He also plays for the shitty Lions. He's taken them there and has been the right pick. He's never had a steady run game to help balance him out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx View Post
He didn't bump anything. A poster by the name of unclesam did.
This
Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.