Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-02-2009, 09:59 AM  
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

And so the "Matt Cassel to KC" Rumors Begin...

As if they hadn't started already...

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...&position=also

Matt Cassel draws interest

TAMPA - They might not have been one of the two Super Bowl participants last night, but the Patriots [team stats] still generated a lot of talk on Radio Row during the week.

With Matt Cassel making the rounds, there was plenty of speculation on how much interest he would draw should the Pats apply the franchise tag and then trade him.

The pundits’ top pick to land Cassel in that scenario is Kansas City. Obviously, the Scott Pioli factor weighs heavily in that choice, with the Pats former vice president of player personnel now calling the shots for the Chiefs.

“I’d really look at Pioli down there in Kansas City. Why wouldn’t he want him?” Sirius NFL radio analyst Jim Miller said. “He knows what the kid is capable of doing. So I think he’d be on their radar.”

Miller, like most analysts, doesn’t see the crop of quarterbacks in this year’s NFL Draft as particularly appealing. That boosts the draw for Cassel, especially if Pioli decides he’s not satisfied with the collection of QBs he inherited after taking over the job.

“I don’t think this is a strong quarterback draft. Everybody is saying Matthew Stafford of Georgia and Mark Sanchez of USC are going to go in the Top 10. I don’t believe that,” Miller said. “I don’t think those guys are ready. And I don’t think you’ll see the type of success guys like Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco had. They just haven’t played enough. So I can’t see teams wanting them.

“But if Kansas (City) were to make that deal, that’s their Matt Ryan. That’s their Joe Flacco. Unlike a Sanchez, for instance, they know he’s playing at a starter’s level. So to them, I think it’d be worth it to do. They’d get their starting quarterback, they know what he’s capable of doing, and they’ve seen him win games at the NFL level.”

Other experts, meanwhile, aren’t sure Pioli would want to deal with his former boss right out of the gate.

Some other teams figuring to make a pitch for Cassel include the New York Jets, Detroit, Minnesota, San Francisco, Carolina, Tampa Bay and Chicago.

As for what Cassel would land in a trade, there were differing opinions. Miller, for one, thought he would cost a second-round draft choice.

The decision to trade or keep Cassel will ultimately depend on Tom Brady [stats]’s health. While reports have him on target to play in the season opener, he still has a few hurdles to clear before that point following reconstructive surgery on his left knee and a subsequent staph infection.

“I think a lot is going to depend on where Kevin O’Connell is in his development. If they feel they can move Matt to benefit their team, they’ll do it,” said Miller, a one-time Pats backup quarterback. “It’s rolling the dice on Tom and whether he’s healthy, and two, can they do it with Kevin O’Connell? The question they have to ask is if O’Connell is as capable of what they have in Matt Cassel?”
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:53 PM   #136
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by billay View Post
You don't always need to draft your own QB to win is the point. If we had a good GM we would have made atleast 1 super bowl with Trent Green as the Qb.

DaKCMan AP has disabled reputation
Old 02-02-2009, 02:54 PM   #137
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
Signing/trading for Cassel is what this franchise has done since Dawson retired other the Blackledge and Croyle, they have never tried to get their own QB. I'm sorry if dumb****s want to keep doing status quo.
Not really. This franchise has never traded for a young qb.

I'd rather draft Stafford/Sanchez, but all this irrational hate for Cassel is just crazy.
Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:54 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
I think the NE of two seasons ago was a fluke, at least partially. I have a hard time believing they would have equaled that performance this year, even with Brady.
Thanks for proving my point.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:54 PM   #139
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 View Post
For every Joe Thomas....there is a Robert Gallery.

For every Larry Fitzgerald....there is a Mike Williams.

For every.........

I could go on and on....so what's your ****ing point?
My ****ing point is Matt Cassell is more proven then any of those QB's we can win with him. This team has alot of holes you can get Cassell and fill another whole with an impact player at the 3rd pick.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:54 PM   #140
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post
This. No more Steve Bono's or Elvis Grbac's, please.
Or Bill Kenneys or Steve DeBerg or Dave Kreig or Joe Montana or Trent Green
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:54 PM   #141
MVP

Quote:
You don't always need to draft your own QB to win is the point. If we had a good GM we would have made atleast 1 super bowl with Trent Green as the Qb.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #142
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
I can't imagine the Chiefs making any deals with New England. There'd be too much of a risk of "nepotism" complaints, conflict-of-interest.
Yep plus the whole idea of Matt Cassel being a good QB is stupid. I would rather take my chance with Thigpen or draft Stafford or Sanchez.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #143
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post

Yeah you're right cause our offense with Trent Green sucked. It wasn't the #1 rated or anything. We didn't lose that playoff game cause our defense couldn't make the other team punt.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Not really. This franchise has never traded for a young qb.

I'd rather draft Stafford/Sanchez, but all this irrational hate for Cassel is just crazy.
Grbac was 27. Cassel will be 27 in May.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #145
Nobody fucks with the Jesus!

all answers point to resigning medlock
missinDThomas is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.missinDThomas is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #146
**** That Noise

Quote:
My ****ing point is Matt Cassell is more proven then any of those QB's we can win with him. This team has alot of holes you can get Cassell and fill another whole with an impact player at the 3rd pick.
It would take the 3rd pick to get Cassell dumbass.
RustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #147
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Yep plus the whole idea of Matt Cassel being a good QB is stupid.
wat?
Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #148
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
Or Bill Kenneys or Steve DeBerg or Dave Kreig or Joe Montana or Trent Green
So you're saying bringing in Trent Green (the guy who set franchise records) was a bad trade?
Old 02-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #149
The Insider

Quote:
Yeah you're right cause our offense with Trent Green sucked. It wasn't the #1 rated or anything. We didn't lose that playoff game cause our defense couldn't make the other team punt.
New England would have kicked our ass the next week anyways.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #150

Quote:
Your argument is reeruned. You can look at any team and say, "If they would have had ____" they could have made a Super Bowl. It's a beyond dumb statement.