Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-17-2008, 06:22 PM  
Special Teams ACE!!!

Who's been to/lived in Maine?

Mrs. SNR and I are planning a summer trip in about mid-July, and one state for some reason that we've always had our sights set on visiting is Maine. It seems like the quaint state covered in trees and people with funny-sounding accents. I had a friend in college from Brunswick (where Bowdoin College is), and all he could talk about were the amazing beaches and parks in the southern part of the state. We'll definitely explore that area, but if we wanted to go to a beach, we'd go somewhere tropical.

Any other hot spots or knowledge of the state with only one border? We're willing to do a variety of things (historical monuments, parks, trails, what have you).
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:52 PM   #16
Gimme My Berries Back!

Took me awhile to find some photos that captured Moosehead Lake better.

BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:01 PM   #17
Gimme My Berries Back!

Of course you see these everywhere.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Buoys.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	77052  

Last edited by BucEyedPea; 03-17-2008 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: wrong image
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:05 PM   #18
Gimme My Berries Back!

SNR your wife and you would really enjoy browsing through 73 of these pro-stock photos on this site. Click on image and a bigger one pops up naming where it is in Maine. That's where the image above this is from. It will get you psyched.

Corbis
Old 03-17-2008, 09:12 PM   #19
Giggitty!

Born in Kittery
chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:51 PM   #20
www.nfl-forecast.com

Every photo in this thread was taken between June 15 and August 31.

My mentor taught in Maine in the early '70s. He had Stephen King in a class before he was famous.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:55 PM   #21
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
Every photo in this thread was taken between June 15 and August 31.
How could that be. There's snow at the foot of Mt Katahdin.And there's fall foliage in some of the others.

Quote:
My mentor taught in Maine in the early '70s. He had Stephen King in a class before he was famous.
Cool. I've heard stories from people there who've seen King around.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:01 PM   #22
Veteran

The wife and I flew into Bangor and stayed in Bar Harbor three years ago this Labor Day. We spent three days in Bar Harbor/Acadia National Park then took the Cat Ferry to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia. We drove across NS to Halifax and spent two days there. One of the best, most sirene, vacations we've ever had. We are thinking about going back this Fall. Enjoy your trip....
Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:03 PM   #23
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Chief View Post
The wife and I flew into Bangor and stayed in Bar Harbor three years ago this Labor Day. We spent three days in Bar Harbor/Acadia National Park then took the Cat Ferry to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia. We drove across NS to Halifax and spent two days there. One of the best, most sirene, vacations we've ever had. We are thinking about going back this Fall. Enjoy your trip....
That I've never done and wish I had before moving south.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:03 PM   #24
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
And there's fall foliage in some of the others.
Those were taken the last week of August.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:08 PM   #25
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
Those were taken the last week of August.
I'm curious as to how you know for sure? Because of how far north it is so it changes sooner?
Old 03-17-2008, 10:09 PM   #26
Banned

Been to Houlton, ME a few times in the fall.

Some of the best scenery I've been fortunate enough to see.

At the time we drove into Canada to eat dinner a few times, just to say we did.

Enjoy the trip.

My vacations this year will be to Northern California to see family and a reunion in San Diego.
a1na2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.a1na2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:20 PM   #27
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
I'm curious as to how you know for sure? Because of how far north it is so it changes sooner?
I'm joking, but not by much. We have friends that moved up their a couple years ago.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:29 PM   #28
Gonna go back in time....

met my wife got married and watched both my parents die in Boothbay Harbor, ME. Also. slayed trout, striper, bluefish, largemouth, and smallmouth on a regular basis, shot duck, turkey and seen some ****ing big deer and moose. great state imo
bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:43 AM   #29
Starter

Boothbay is very nice a quintessential New England seaport. Also if your going in the summer pack a jacket cause inland the temps can and will get into the 40's and even 30's at times during July and August. Try the Northern Maine lakes as they are very clean and pure. In 91 at Grand Lake I dropped a penny in and watched it to the bottom of the lake.
RP_McMurphy is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.RP_McMurphy is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:55 AM   #30
oxymoron

Make sure you spend a few days in Jerusalem's Lot.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.