Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 08-19-2018, 06:11 AM  
Abolish The Salary Cap!

Chiefs are signing Orlando Scandrick (1-year, $1.5 million)

Last edited by Quesadilla Joe; 08-19-2018 at 06:21 AM..
Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:46 AM   #301
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones View Post
Dee Ford is 47th among edge rushers on pass rush productivity (the % of rushes resulting in pressure), per PFF.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-20-2018, 05:20 AM   #302
Hey Teacher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargem View Post
Dee Ford is 47th among edge rushers on pass rush productivity (the % of rushes resulting in pressure), per PFF.
He’s just simply not that good. They need to draft some passrushers in the off-season to hopefully replace either him or Houston. Both have been disappointing.
bricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-20-2018, 06:30 AM   #303
Field General

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
Maybe not but it seems like Ford is the only guy getting into the backfield much at all. He never seems to finish but he gets back there.
Maybe if he practices and learns to YELL real loud, since hes back there so quick, he can scare the QB into thinking he may get sacked!
farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:12 AM   #304
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Ragland should never ever play in any type of passing down so he really should have sat that whole game and Murray is just a bum.

O'Daniel not playing when a team throws 60 times is either A he isn't progressing or B the coaches refuse to play a rookie early.

At this point I don't think Armani Watts could be any worse than Murray he is just always out of position, always late.
Murray is not usually out of position. It's just that he's always a step behind his man. I wonder if he just doesn't have the athletic ability to keep up or if his mind is not quick enough to read the route. Yeah, I like the idea of putting Watts in there instead of Murray. Hopefully, the Chiefs coaching staff soon realizes that may be a better solution.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:15 AM   #305
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
What the **** was this draft even? I thought atleast Nnamdi would be good but he hadn't done much. Veach is going to be Ryan Grigson.
Oh for God's sake, give it a little time. Most rookies are not ready to come in and start right away. I would bet that we will start seeing them play more as the season progresses.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:33 AM   #306
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Oh for God's sake, give it a little time. Most rookies are not ready to come in and start right away. I would bet that we will start seeing them play more as the season progresses.
That's understandable, but I'd argue the ceiling of this draft was always going to be low. Part of that is because they didn't have a 1st round pick, but there are numerous players taken in the 2nd and 3rd round who are already showing flashes on other teams. I hope this is just a one year anomaly, because we're in trouble if every draft turns out to be a bunch of role players without any playmakers in the bunch.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:48 AM   #307
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
well, again, they're dropping him in coverage all too often.
He's getting stood straight up by backup RTs (or was it the LT). You can single him up and stop him.

He's getting dropped into coverage because we aren't going to routinely send 5, he's better in space than Ford and Ford is probably better at getting after the passer than he is.

The 'stop dropping Houston into coverage' thing has run its course. I think the staff knows that he's simply not the difference maker off the edge he used to be. So on plays where they send 5 - sure, send 'em both. But if you're just using 4 to try to generate pressure, the smart play is putting Houston in coverage and sending Ford.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:55 AM   #308
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
He's getting stood straight up by backup RTs (or was it the LT). You can single him up and stop him.

He's getting dropped into coverage because we aren't going to routinely send 5, he's better in space than Ford and Ford is probably better at getting after the passer than he is.

The 'stop dropping Houston into coverage' thing has run its course. I think the staff knows that he's simply not the difference maker off the edge he used to be. So on plays where they send 5 - sure, send 'em both. But if you're just using 4 to try to generate pressure, the smart play is putting Houston in coverage and sending Ford.
If that's the case then Houston absolutely has to be cut after this season, or at least have his contract renegotiated. You can't pay $20 million for a linebacker who doesn't rush the passer.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:01 AM   #309
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
If that's the case then Houston absolutely has to be cut after this season, or at least have his contract renegotiated. You can't pay $20 million for a linebacker who doesn't rush the passer.
I don't think that's even a question. Of course he needs to be released or take a significant paycut.

The guy may find a second wind and make me look like an asshole, but the dude I saw last year and for the first 2 games of this season is probably more efficiently used in space.

If you look at Houston as the traditional "SAM" linebacker, you're probably about right. I have always felt that the SAM's responsibilities center on effectively setting the edge and being capable in coverage. The WILL, OTOH, has a little more freedom to operate being on the weak side; can freelance a bit more and make plays so you look for a guy with more pass-rush ability there because the secondary weaknesses are as easily exploited.

Sutton treats Houston like a traditional SAM and Ford like a traditional WILL. Given their respective strength's and weaknesses, that's probably the way to go.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:39 AM   #310
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Murray is not usually out of position. It's just that he's always a step behind his man. I wonder if he just doesn't have the athletic ability to keep up or if his mind is not quick enough to read the route. Yeah, I like the idea of putting Watts in there instead of Murray. Hopefully, the Chiefs coaching staff soon realizes that may be a better solution.
Murray actually is out of position, a lot. He's just not a good football player, at all. Very very low football IQ.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:41 AM   #311
'Tis my eye!

left nut basically already said everything I wanted to say.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:48 AM   #312
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

I dunno. He's still looked good this season to me. Maybe I'm seeing what I wanna see. He bench pressed the RT into Ben for a sack strip on the penalty.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:51 AM   #313
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I dunno. He's still looked good this season to me. Maybe I'm seeing what I wanna see. He bench pressed the RT into Ben for a sack strip on the penalty.
He wasn't the only one that got there on that play.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:59 AM   #314
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
He wasn't the only one that got there on that play.
ok?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:04 AM   #315
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
ok?
The only time he's really applied pressure, it was because of a bigger breakdown on the o-line. He's not beating his man straight up much at all.