Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:51 PM   #2326
Banned

I started investing when I was 24. 5k per year Roth IRA. Will be millionaire.
Unclesam < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Unclesam < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Unclesam < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Unclesam < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Unclesam < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Unclesam < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Unclesam < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Unclesam < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Unclesam < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Unclesam < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Unclesam < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:53 PM   #2327
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Nope. IQ is still an ass.

I'm thinking about taking that money out and making a few investments in Mahomian Stocks.
IQ still blows. When it spikes, I sell a covered call to at least make some money. Once it gets back above $30 I will be looking to sell.

Alibaba is killing me too. ****ing China!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I have some apple and it's been great. I'll keep it. But I still kind of wonder why that stock is so valuable. They're in a field that has lots of competition, and their niche seems to be user interface and cult loyalty. The first one of those is easy to lose as soon as someone else comes up with a great idea. I think the second one lasts as long as the first one is in place.

So I've got some, but I don't think I'd keep buying more.
They are a cash heaven and are well run, that's why it's so valuable. They are always innovative and have secured cult status for many. The stock buybacks will continue to keep the stock price nice and healthy as well.

Smart move Rainman.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:54 PM   #2328
Banned

I have my Roth IRA through Betterment. Should I switch to Vanguard?
Unclesam < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Unclesam < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Unclesam < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Unclesam < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Unclesam < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Unclesam < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Unclesam < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Unclesam < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Unclesam < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Unclesam < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Unclesam < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:02 PM   #2329
Roy E.

I had some Apple stock for several years, but sold it off when it was edging down back in June.

And with my shitty luck, with a couple of weeks, it starts climbing up and eventually gains about $30/share.

I might buy back in before the end of the year.
Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:52 PM   #2330
Spooky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I have some apple and it's been great. I'll keep it. But I still kind of wonder why that stock is so valuable. They're in a field that has lots of competition, and their niche seems to be user interface and cult loyalty. The first one of those is easy to lose as soon as someone else comes up with a great idea. I think the second one lasts as long as the first one is in place.

So I've got some, but I don't think I'd keep buying more.
It's a great brand, and they've got enough cash to buy one of Earth's hemispheres. Lot's of means for innovation and who know's what else that they can pursue in decades to come.

I'm not a buyer beyond what I own, but if I was younger I wouldn't hesitate.
EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:51 PM   #2331
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPodolak View Post
It's a great brand, and they've got enough cash to buy one of Earth's hemispheres. Lot's of means for innovation and who know's what else that they can pursue in decades to come.

I'm not a buyer beyond what I own, but if I was younger I wouldn't hesitate.
Their cash stream is truly remarkable. Literally insane.

I sold all my shares around $210 for a nice profit but am thinking of buying back if it continues to dip more.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:19 PM   #2332
Spooky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Their cash stream is truly remarkable. Literally insane.

I sold all my shares around $210 for a nice profit but am thinking of buying back if it continues to dip more.
Heh, sorry man. My comment was practically a repost of yours just above. Too lazy to read sometimes.
EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-20-2018, 04:59 PM   #2333
Mod Team

Today was a fun day.

More days like today please.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:00 AM   #2334
I got Rice cookin in the micro

XRP is up 43 percent today
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:14 PM   #2335
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Today was a fun day.

More days like today please.
the chinese are flipping assturds
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:34 PM   #2336
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
the chinese are flipping assturds
I've been making money.

Not on IQ or BABA though.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:43 PM   #2337
TACO SALAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Driven by this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
It had also better be legit or he can find his ass in a lot of trouble with the SEC.
Welp.. Tesla down big on the news the SEC is suing Musk. It's not a big surprise, you can't really come up with 70+ billion in funding to go private without significant conversations over a long period that would have leaked out.
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:46 PM   #2338
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage View Post
Welp.. Tesla down big on the news the SEC is suing Musk. It's not a big surprise, you can't really come up with 70+ billion in funding to go private without significant conversations over a long period that would have leaked out.
I haven’t seen anything. What are they suing him for?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2018, 04:03 PM   #2339
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I haven’t seen anything. What are they suing him for?
If you're asking what the punishment might be, it sounds like they could ban him from being an executive with any public company (like Tesla).

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ocket-jml0ca0m

Quote:
It sought unspecified monetary penalties and added a market-rattling request -- that a judge bar Musk from serving as an officer or director of a public company.
Honestly, that might not be the worst thing in the world. The dude clearly needs to step back a bit and get some sleep.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2018, 04:15 PM   #2340
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
If you're asking what the punishment might be, it sounds like they could ban him from being an executive with any public company (like Tesla).

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ocket-jml0ca0m

Honestly, that might not be the worst thing in the world. The dude clearly needs to step back a bit and get some sleep.
Man I’ve apparently paid zero attention. So the SEC dinged him for not disclosing shareholder activity?

I didn’t think the SEC filed lawsuits. I thought they levied criminal charges.

RE: Musk. Yeah. I watched him on the Joe Rogan Podcasr and he looked and sounded like he’ll.

Last edited by Buehler445; 09-27-2018 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: Christ. I could **** yo a wet dream.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.