Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-17-2021, 12:36 PM  
Supporter

WTF is with Mahomes?

Since the Super Bowl the dude has not looked right. Now he is just flat playing with his head in his ass.

I think he needs to get over himself a bit. He has 2 critical INT's this season that are 100% his fault that he had 0% reason to every try and it cost us points, 1 game and maybe 2.

Last edited by petegz28; 10-17-2021 at 05:20 PM..
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 12:42 PM   #601
Needs more middle fingers

JakeF and anyone who's buying JakeF's shit, go back and re-watch Mahomes.

Seriously. **** your memory. Go back and actually watch him. Pull up all-time greatest throws highlight videos.

Go ahead. Do it. And then you'll see that most of his best throws came from within the pocket.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 12:43 PM   #602

Here's one. Go ahead. Count 'em. I haven't even watched this video but im willing to bet most of the throws are from the pocket.

ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 12:44 PM   #603
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post

Seriously. **** your memory. Go back and actually watch him. Pull up all-time greatest throws highlight videos.

Go ahead. Do it. And then you'll see that most of his best throws came from within the pocket.
Calm down. JFC

Can't you just talk without freaking out?

Just forget it, there's no point.
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-08-2021, 12:46 PM   #604

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
Calm down. JFC

Can't you just talk without freaking out?

Just forget it, there's no point.
What? Who's freaking out? WTH? You calm down, lol.

Anyway, i gave you a homework assignment. Watch the video i posted. Hell, go find your own video if you want.

Scribble down how many big plays he made rolling out and then scribble down how many he made from the pocket.

Your own eyes will debunk your theory.
Old 11-08-2021, 12:46 PM   #605
Chiefs

He’s not wrong
ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 12:47 PM   #606
Please squeeze

Quote:

Actually I went and watched all of his TD throws from last year. There were more out of the pocket TD's than "pocket" TD's. And when we are talking about his "pocket" it is not a traditional pocket, it is 10 + yds behind the LOS.

Also pay attention in the red zone alot of our TD passes were designed rollouts.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 12:49 PM   #607
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
I still think it's true.

Mahomes is only running for his life now, instead of running to influence the defense. He is purposely staying in the pocket to help our OT's.

I don't see how you can say this is wrong.
He needs to stay in the pocket because coordinators figured out not to blitz him and to rush their edges 10-12 yards upfield and contain Mahomes. He is getting better at not floating back, now he needs to go through his progressions and make them pay for playing 2 high safeties 15 -18 yards off the ball...
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 12:50 PM   #608

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Actually I went and watched all of his TD throws from last year. There were more out of the pocket TD's than "pocket" TD's. And when we are talking about his "pocket" it is not a traditional pocket, it is 10 + yds behind the LOS.

Also pay attention in the red zone alot of our TD passes were designed rollouts.
Did you log them. Because as i watch this video, there's a lot from within the pocket. And yes, i don't mean the traditional pocket as Mahomes drops deep, but it's not rolling out all the time.

A lot of his early stuff was, and some of most memorable plays where, but the bulk of his work is done w/o rolling around.
Old 11-08-2021, 12:53 PM   #609

That dime to Sherman against the Chargers to start his career? Pocket.

The infamous WASP play in the SB.....pocket.

The game winner to Watkins in the AFCC? Pocket.

He's made amazing plays out of the pocket, obviously. But to say that that's WHAT he is, or that Schwartz and Fisher were these great tackles that "matched" Mahomes better or any shit like that just isn't accurate. At all. It's just your fond memories.
Old 11-08-2021, 12:56 PM   #610
Please squeeze

Quote:
Did you log them. Because as i watch this video, there's a lot from within the pocket. And yes, i don't mean the traditional pocket as Mahomes drops deep, but it's not rolling out all the time.

A lot of his early stuff was, and some of most memorable plays where, but the bulk of his work is done w/o rolling around.
I started to then got sidetracked but I can do it later on today. You can view it here if you want.

We ran lot of designed roll outs near the end zone. Yourself and IowaHawkeyeChief are right though teams are taking this away I believe.

dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 01:06 PM   #611

Quote:
I started to then got sidetracked but I can do it later on today. You can view it here if you want.

We ran lot of designed roll outs near the end zone. Yourself and IowaHawkeyeChief are right though teams are taking this away I believe.

I just did the first 4 minutes of your video. Here's what i counted:

9 -passes from inside the tackle box. 11 passes if you count the shuffle passes.

3 - passes while rolling out.

And we're just talking red zone TD's in your video. Let alone his best throws.

Mahomes is a pocket passer. Always has been.

His most memorable plays may be from rolling out, but his production has all mostly come from planting and throwing behind his OL. Your video demonstrates that.
Old 11-08-2021, 01:36 PM   #612
Rookie

Quote:
Yep.

Dropping back 15 yards behind the LOS isn't "in the pocket". It's more like behind the pocket.

Quote:

9 -passes from inside the tackle box. 11 passes if you count the shuffle passes.

His most memorable plays may be from rolling out, but his production has all mostly come from planting and throwing behind his OL. Your video demonstrates that.
I'm counting 10 passes from within the pocket and 15 passes from outside/behind the pocket.
GT_34 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GT_34 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GT_34 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GT_34 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GT_34 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GT_34 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GT_34 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GT_34 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GT_34 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GT_34 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GT_34 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 11-08-2021, 01:36 PM   #613
Please squeeze

Quote:

hmmm... I am through 3 minutes of the video at the end of the Pats game and I have:

Out of Pocket: 6
In Pocket: 7
Designed Roll outs\Runs: 5
Old 11-08-2021, 01:40 PM   #614

Ok, so i finished the video. Here's what i counted:

TD passes inside the tackle box (traditional drop back pass): 23
Shuffle Passes that went for a TD: 5

TD passes while rolling out: 10

Interestingly, of those 10 roll out pass TD's, i believe all but 1 or 2 were within 15 yards of the end zone. That seemed to be more of a redzone scheme thing than Mahomes actually NEEDING to roll out.

Nearly every pass outside of the redzone came from a traditional drop back pass.

There, i did your homework for you, JakeF. It's your turn to show your work now.
Old 11-08-2021, 01:42 PM   #615

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT_34 View Post
Yep.

Dropping back 15 yards behind the LOS isn't "in the pocket". It's more like behind the pocket.

I'm counting 10 passes from within the pocket and 15 passes from outside/behind the pocket.
Quote:
hmmm... I am through 3 minutes of the video at the end of the Pats game and I have:

Out of Pocket: 6
In Pocket: 7
Designed Roll outs\Runs: 5
We're defining the pocket very differently.

As far as Mahomes is concerned, drifting back is still in the pocket. He's not rolling out. He's looking downfield, sticking inside the tackle box, not rolling out and striking downfield.

JakeF is arguing that Mahomes has to roll out. He's not rolling out in your video here.