Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2024, 07:20 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Kingsley Suamataia Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 04-26-2024 at 08:55 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:27 AM   #286
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
A year 1 hit of $5-6 million would be super easy on a 5 year deal. You'd have to guarantee some salary in years 2 and 3 to lower the signing bonus a bit and still goose the guarantees, but it wouldn't be hard.

And since Smith missed some games last year, every game played incentive past 12 games would be NLTBE (not to mention a snap share percentage; probably anything about 70%) and would not go onto this year's cap. You can keep that number off the books until next season as well unless Smith's looking for something nearer $8-10 million in guarantees. Even that could be done with a fake 2 year deal where you cut him in the offseason.

The cap shouldn't get in the way of any of this. Wonder if they've just been prioritizing draft prep and FA then they'll circle back after some of that stuff gets wrapped up.
It's probably that. I would guess Creed and Bolton are in the works.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:32 AM   #287
In Search of a Life

Quote:
It's not quite "Skyy Moore is a great run blocker" or "Frank Clark sets the edge" but it's close. It's probably pretty similar to "Marcus Peters is awful in run support" - I don't like it, but if he does the thing I really care about well, I'll overlook it.

I want my LT credible enough as a run blocker that he doesn't blow up runs between the tackles (and often ours have; Smith lets guys get across his face on interior runs - it's ugly).

It's less about being a guy who blows a hole open off-tackle left and more about being a guy who seals off the backside and gives an interior trap or something time to develop on a short yardage play.

That's my bar. It ain't real high.
If he turns into a great pass blocker and a passable run blocker, you take that every time. Run blocking seems like something that can be taught with technique.....he seems like a willing blocker so that shouldn't be an issue.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 09:37 AM   #288
In Search of a Life

When is the last time this team got somebody extended early? Feels like we're definitely due with Creed.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:40 AM   #289
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
When is the last time this team got somebody extended early? Feels like we're definitely due with Creed.
I was coming to type that....doesn't seem to happen much around the league anymore.

Guys wanna get to FA. I'd guess our guys do as well.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:40 AM   #290
Hello

2025 Butker, Creed, Smith, Reid, Bolton, M. Brown (no way)
2026 McDuffie, Karlaftis, Watson (cb), Cook, Pacheco, Joshua Williams, Chenal (Kelce and Thuney)

Gonna be an interesting couple years.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:42 AM   #291
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
2026 McDuffie, Karlaftis, Watson (cb), Cook, Pacheco, Joshua Williams, Chenal (Kelce and Thuney)

Bolded are the ones I'd bring back. Obviously that depends on the deal.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:43 AM   #292
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
I'm honestly a little surprised the Creed extension hasn't been signed yet. The market at C is set, he's gonna be at the top of it, there's no question of who he is as a player and honestly if you have to move him to G, friggen Gs are more expensive than Cs now anyway.

So why haven't we gotten a Creed deal done? We have the cap space for it - just seems like the natural thing to have knocked out once Sneed was traded.
Think they just haven’t had time due to FA and the draft. I expect at least 1 guy extended from now to camp.

Bolton and Creed are the obvious choices, however I would bet money that Butker gets extended. He’s coming up on a contract year and he’s gotta be high on the list of items for Brett. Give him just north of $6 million APY and call it day. He’s damn well worth it.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:43 AM   #293
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I was coming to type that....doesn't seem to happen much around the league anymore.

Guys wanna get to FA. I'd guess our guys do as well.
Feels like it happens with other teams more than us though. Look at DeVonta Smith, Amon-Ra St. Brown, and Penei Sewell all signing extensions early recently.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:44 AM   #294
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Feels like it happens with other teams more than us though. Look at DeVonta Smith, Amon-Ra St. Brown, and Penei Sewell all signing extensions early recently.
True, but look at what those guys got. I dunno if we're gung ho to make guys top of the market players.

Creed maybe.

I doubt they do it with Bolton.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:50 AM   #295
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post

They are going to keep Creed, Bolton, and Butker IMO. And for as much as I like Bolton, with the LB market what it is, I would not stress too much if he wanted to test the market. You have got to watch the overpay at that position.

You have 5th year options on George and Trent. That should help. I think you need to prepare yourself to watch guys like Cook, Pacheco, Chenal, and Thuney exit. The only guys who stay are the LBs and CBs who are open to fair contacts (see Mike Danna)
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:53 AM   #296
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Bolded are the ones I'd bring back. Obviously that depends on the deal.
Smith will price out, IMO.

Pacheco has those Lindsay Lohan miles on him.

Cook just hasn't shown me much. Not enough to say yes or no, really.

Butker, Creed, McDuffie and Karlaftis are my priority guys. The rest are fringier players, players at positions of nominal importance or players where we've shown real strength at drafting replacements for them.

Then again, I never thought we'd bring back Danna and we did. So we do seem to be a little more interested in giving 2nd deals to middle class players than I would've been. I could see a couple of the other guys being retained as well.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:59 AM   #297
In Search of a Life

McDuffie and Karlaftis, if things progress as they have, are gonna be highest paid at their positions type deals.....I'd think?
Old 04-29-2024, 10:00 AM   #298
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Smith will price out, IMO.

Pacheco has those Lindsay Lohan miles on him.

Cook just hasn't shown me much. Not enough to say yes or no, really.

Butker, Creed, McDuffie and Karlaftis are my priority guys. The rest are fringier players, players at positions of nominal importance or players where we've shown real strength at drafting replacements for them.

Then again, I never thought we'd bring back Danna and we did. So we do seem to be a little more interested in giving 2nd deals to middle class players than I would've been. I could see a couple of the other guys being retained as well.
Not sure why I highlighted Smith. I didn't mean to include him.
Old 04-29-2024, 10:11 AM   #299
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Zero chance I’d give Pacheco an extension.

Love the player, but he won’t last. Don’t love paying running backs anyway, but his style of play is even less conducive to longevity than other backs.

If you could flip out of him a year early for a mid round pick, I’d consider it. Or (preferably) just run him into the ground and let him walk. Then, maybe he comes back on a 1-year deal if no one pays him.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 10:13 AM   #300
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

If anyone suggests we should save money by letting Butker walk, that person should be kicked in the nuts.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote