Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics

Old 11-05-2015, 12:28 PM  
Space Cadet and Aczabel

Ben Carson: Egyptian pyramids were used to store grain, not Pharaohs' tombs

Egypt’s pyramids were built by the biblical Joseph to store grain and were not, as archaeologists believe, tombs for pharaohs, Republican presidential hopeful Ben Carson has said.

The retired neurosurgeon, who is seeking his party’s nomination for the White House, made these remarks in a 1998 address at Andrews University, a Michigan school associated with the Seventh-day Adventist Church, to which he belongs, in a video posted on Buzzfeed on Wednesday.

The church is a conservative evangelical Christian one.

“My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids to store grain,” Carson – who last week overtook Republican rival Donald Trump for the first time in a national poll – told graduates in his address.

“Now all the archeologists think that they were made for the pharaohs’ graves. But, you know, it would have to be something awfully big if you stop and think about it.

“And I don’t think it’d just disappear over the course of time to store that much grain.”

Asked on Wednesday if he still held these views, Carson told CBS News: “It’s still my belief, yes.”

Speaking to MSNBC’s Morning Joe on Thursday, rival Republican Trump said: “He’s informed me about the pyramids. I think I’ll have to put that in my repertoire about Ben. That was a strange deal.”

In his 1998 address, Carson said: “And when you look at the way that the pyramids are made, with many chambers that are hermetically sealed, they’d have to be that way for various reasons.

“And various of scientists have said, ‘Well, you know there were alien beings that came down and they have special knowledge and that’s how, you know, it doesn’t require an alien being when God is with you’.”

In the old testament book of Genesis, Joseph, one of the 12 sons of Jacob, was said to have “stored up grain in great abundance like the sand of the sea, until he stopped measuring it, for it was beyond measure”.

After seven years of plenty, the story in Genesis says, Egypt suffered seven years of famine, during which Joseph was able to feed the people with the grain he had stored.

Carson has spoken often about his faith, saying recently of his critics: “They say, ‘Carson, you know, how can you be a surgeon, a neurosurgeon, and believe that God created the Earth, and not believe in evolution, which is the basis of all knowledge and all science?’ …

“But I do believe God created us, and I did just fine … And in fact, the more you know about God, and the deeper your relationship with God, I think the more intricate becomes your knowledge of the way things work, including the human body.”

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...pharoahs-tombs
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:26 PM   #151
Quit your bullshit

More from this scientist...

Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:27 PM   #152
Quit your bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinerDoug View Post
Holy ****ing shit.

I wonder if he at least concedes the moon is spherical. I mean, you can see with your own eyes. Not to mention other planets.

Could be part of the conspiracy, I suppose.
Funny you should ask. The moon is also flat according to this brilliant scientific mind srvy considers a source.

Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:28 PM   #153
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
Adolph Hitler got a bad rap.

The earth is flat.

Dinosaurs didn't exist.
But, he's a smart guy. We should listen to him over say...science?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:31 PM   #154
Banned

We just don't do enough for the mentally ill.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:31 PM   #155
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Then who care about your opinion. It just theories put together from some pretty smart guys that he has put together once again explaining for everything we think we know we really know very little.

Well except for you Saul. You are all knowing. I dont care if that guy is from the flat earth society or believes in little green men he strung together a lot of things many people would not know in a fairly short read. That just proves we really know very little.
Egyptian Pyramids in their heyday looked nothing like Central American Pyramids or Andean structures.

Egyptian pyramid with limestone and cap:

Temple I in Tikal (Mayan):

Pyramid of the Sun, Teotihcuacan (Aztec)

Templo del Sol, Pachacamc (Incan)
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:32 PM   #156
Quit your bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
I dont care anything about the dude himself but his sources and most the facts above are sound. You didnt read it did you.
I can't ****ing believe people are stupid enough to fall for this shit in the first place let alone keep pushing ahead with it after getting shown what an idiot the guy you follow is.

Congratulations, srvy. You've done what I thought was impossible. You've made me realize that the dumbest of the dumb are even less intelligent that I gave them credit for.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:32 PM   #157
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Carson believes that Rhode Island is where America manufactures all of its roads.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:34 PM   #158
Quit your bullshit

The South Pole does not exist. Wake up sheeple!

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2...not-exist.html
In the Flat-Earth model of the cosmos, the North Pole is the immovable center of the world and the entire universe. Polaris, the North Star, sits straight over the North Pole at the highest point in the heavens, and like a slowly rotating planetarium dome all the celestial bodies revolve around Polaris and over the Earth once per day. The Sun circles over and around the circumference of Earth every 24 hours, steadily traveling each day from the equator during the March vernal equinox, up to the Tropic of Cancer at the June summer solstice, back down to the equator for the September autumnal equinox, and all the way down to the Tropic of Capricorn on the December winter solstice.

In the Flat-Earth model, the South Pole does not exist at all and Antarctica is instead a gigantic ice-wall extending the circumference of Earth holding in the oceans like a giant bowl, or a “world cup.” As strange as this concept may sound at first, it is a fact that if you set a bearing due South from anywhere on Earth, inevitably at or before 78 degrees Southern latitude, you will find yourself face-to-face with an enormous ice-wall towering 100-200 feet in the air extending to the East and West the entire circumference of the world!
Old 11-06-2015, 01:35 PM   #159
Banned

Quote:

Don't forget nukes.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:35 PM   #160
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Carson believes that Rhode Island is where America manufactures all of its roads.
Either that or it's War Machine's secret lair.
DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:37 PM   #161
Quit your bullshit

Good news about nuclear weapons, everyone...

They don't exist!

Old 11-06-2015, 01:40 PM   #162
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:

In the Flat-Earth model of the cosmos, the North Pole is the immovable center of the world and the entire universe. Polaris, the North Star, sits straight over the North Pole at the highest point in the heavens, and like a slowly rotating planetarium dome all the celestial bodies revolve around Polaris and over the Earth once per day. The Sun circles over and around the circumference of Earth every 24 hours, steadily traveling each day from the equator during the March vernal equinox, up to the Tropic of Cancer at the June summer solstice, back down to the equator for the September autumnal equinox, and all the way down to the Tropic of Capricorn on the December winter solstice.

In the Flat-Earth model, the South Pole does not exist at all and Antarctica is instead a gigantic ice-wall extending the circumference of Earth holding in the oceans like a giant bowl, or a “world cup.” As strange as this concept may sound at first, it is a fact that if you set a bearing due South from anywhere on Earth, inevitably at or before 78 degrees Southern latitude, you will find yourself face-to-face with an enormous ice-wall towering 100-200 feet in the air extending to the East and West the entire circumference of the world!
I hope that someday we develop the technology and fortitude to get over that 100 foot wall. I'm curious what's on the bottom half of the earth.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:42 PM   #163
Quit your bullshit

This is my new favorite thread ever (today, anwyay).

https://youtu.be/5e-RnKAN9qY

The International Space Station? It doesn't exist.

Low earth orbit? It doesn't exist.

Manned space travel? Never happened.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:43 PM   #164
Quit your bullshit

The scary thing about all this is...

Srvy's vote counts just as much as everyone else's.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:48 PM   #165
Flop = Man of Steel!!

Quote:
The scary thing about all this is...

Srvy's vote counts just as much as everyone else's.
and that's the way it should be...

even stupid people have the right to vote, their is no intelligence test for voting...
go bo is obviously part of the inner Circle.go bo is obviously part of the inner Circle.go bo is obviously part of the inner Circle.go bo is obviously part of the inner Circle.go bo is obviously part of the inner Circle.go bo is obviously part of the inner Circle.go bo is obviously part of the inner Circle.go bo is obviously part of the inner Circle.go bo is obviously part of the inner Circle.go bo is obviously part of the inner Circle.go bo is obviously part of the inner Circle.