Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:57 PM   #721
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
My three go to places for online purchases are Summit, Oak Hill Guns (higher end stuff, like my custom CZs and the Versa Max) and Palmetto State Armory (M1A and the major components of my AR Frankenrifle). Outside of the AK I bought from Atlantic Firearms years ago, and a couple of local purchases, everything I currently own has come from those three places. I've never had a problem with any of them.
My go to is gunbroker. I mainly buy WWII firearms anymore and not very many places carry those.

I'll call him tomorrow. That carry 1911 is $100 cheaper than gunbroker as well.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:02 PM   #722
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
My go to is gunbroker. I mainly buy WWII firearms anymore and not very many places carry those.

I'll call him tomorrow. That carry 1911 is $100 cheaper than gunbroker as well.
You won't regret it.

He's a one man operation, though - goes home at night and doesn't work during the holidays.

I've never used gunbroker, although if I can't find any takers for the two I'm getting ready to sell, I may use them for that.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:43 PM   #723
Roy E.

My go to gun dealers:

Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore

Lanbo's Armory

PSA

Simpson LTD (for the old school guns)
Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:03 PM   #724
Keepin it Real

I hate palmetto though. They have become so slow with shipping. At least with the two orders I made recently, two weeks for it.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:05 PM   #725
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
I hate palmetto though. They have become so slow with shipping. At least with the two orders I made recently, two weeks for it.
Yeah, now that you mention it, they are a touch slow. I think they're a small operation and get overwhelmed by the volume.

Shit always shows up eventually, though. And they're pleasant enough to deal with on the phone.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:14 PM   #726
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Yeah, now that you mention it, they are a touch slow. I think they're a small operation and get overwhelmed by the volume.

Shit always shows up eventually, though. And they're pleasant enough to deal with on the phone.
If their order volume has outgrown their staff volume, it's time to hire more people.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:33 PM   #727
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
If their order volume has outgrown their staff volume, it's time to hire more people.
That's true, but the more overhead they have the less deals they'll have. I didn't mind waiting. It's not like I didn't have other guns to shoot in the meantime.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:36 PM   #728
Supporter

Palmetto is wonderful. Shut your whore mouths.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:41 PM   #729
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Palmetto is wonderful. Shut your whore mouths.

It was just Dunit!
Old 02-02-2017, 12:30 PM   #730
MVP

Palmetto is my favorite place right now, but they are slow.
kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:05 AM   #731
Keepin it Real

I pulled the trigger on a 1911. Put a bid on gunbroker for a Colt lightweight commander 4.25" model for $745 and won, OTD price of $780. Cheapest place I could find another one was buds for $832 cash price. I rarely pay cash price and usually pay the 3% fee, which was $860something.

I feel good that I got a solid deal. Put a bid on one a few weeks ago and lost out by $5, ended at $800.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:27 AM   #732
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
I pulled the trigger on a 1911. Put a bid on gunbroker for a Colt lightweight commander 4.25" model for $745 and won, OTD price of $780. Cheapest place I could find another one was buds for $832 cash price. I rarely pay cash price and usually pay the 3% fee, which was $860something.

I feel good that I got a solid deal. Put a bid on one a few weeks ago and lost out by $5, ended at $800.
Cool. Commander 1911s are nice carry guns. That's about the same price I paid for my Sig C3.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:10 AM   #733
Seeking the Truth daily

FYI...For NRA Life Members, they are running a special to upgrade to a Higher level membership...Normally $1000, Now $275

HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:14 PM   #734
MVP

For my next build I'm looking to create something with more range. From what I've read, it should be between the 6.8SPC and the 6.5 Grendel. Does anyone here have experience with either?
kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:26 PM   #735
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
FYI...For NRA Life Members, they are running a special to upgrade to a Higher level membership...Normally $1000, Now $275

Thanks! Just "pulled the trigger" today!
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.