Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2017, 07:19 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****

IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-17-2017 at 09:40 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-03-2023, 02:35 PM   #36121
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Depends on who you ask. To those who consider wins a QB stat? Yes. Those who don't? Absolutely not.
Great points although I wish wins weren’t counted at the most basic of levels. Granted that will probably never go away, but all wins and losses are not created equal.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 02-03-2023, 03:56 PM   #36122
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
I never understood why people put value in what other people's opinions of their favorite player are. He could retire after next week and I would still consider him the greatest ever. No internet stranger's opinion is going to change mine.
There are a few on this board who want Mahomes to be widely regarded as the best ever, to win as many MVPs and as many Super Bowls as possible.

Some fans take immense pride in that, I get it.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 02-03-2023, 04:40 PM   #36123
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
I never understood why people put value in what other people's opinions of their favorite player are. He could retire after next week and I would still consider him the greatest ever. No internet stranger's opinion is going to change mine.
Donkey fans think Elway is the best ever...they'd be wrong but they do.

Colts...Manning...again wrong.

Pats...Brady...there's a case

Niners....Montana....there's a case.

He needs titles
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-03-2023, 04:45 PM   #36124
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz View Post
There are a few on this board who want Mahomes to be widely regarded as the best ever, to win as many MVPs and as many Super Bowls as possible.

Some fans take immense pride in that, I get it.
I think he is indeed widely regarded as the best ever among the population that understands football.

You're always going to have some dummies who can't see it, but the people whose opinions matter know.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 05:54 PM   #36125
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I think he is indeed widely regarded as the best ever among the population that understands football.

You're always going to have some dummies who can't see it, but the people whose opinions matter know.
Best player I've ever seen.

But media changes it to accomplishments.

If we win this one people will get nervous.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-03-2023, 06:23 PM   #36126
Veteran

He's just a rare combination of insane physical talent, extremely fast brain processing, and a killer instinct. A lot of guys have talent and heart but lack the brain power. Alex Smith supposedly had the brain power but not the same talent and definitely not the killer instinct.
irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-03-2023, 07:28 PM   #36127
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Best player I've ever seen.

But media changes it to accomplishments.

If we win this one people will get nervous.
The arguments are interesting for sure. Basing it solely off of SB wins is misleading IMO. If Mahomes ended his career without another SB I don't think you'd find many people who would argue that Aikman or Young were better than him (4 each), let alone Manning/Manning/Garoppolo/Big Ben (2 each). Same with whoever brought up the NBA comparison this week with Russell (11) vs MJ (7)... Although I get that is a different sport and not apples to apples. Where Brady separates himself is with his overall gaudy career stats with total tds, yards, etc. Those are more longevity stats, though, and not indicative of GOAT performance. SB wins are, too, to an extent.

If you base your argument on what a player can physically do on the field on any given Sunday, though... the physical ability, mental toughness, leadership, performance... I'm not betting against Mahomes.
emaw82 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw82 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw82 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw82 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw82 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw82 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw82 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw82 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 07:41 PM   #36128
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaw82 View Post
The arguments are interesting for sure. Basing it solely off of SB wins is misleading IMO. If Mahomes ended his career without another SB I don't think you'd find many people who would argue that Aikman or Young were better than him (4 each), let alone Manning/Manning/Garoppolo/Big Ben (2 each). Same with whoever brought up the NBA comparison this week with Russell (11) vs MJ (7)... Although I get that is a different sport and not apples to apples. Where Brady separates himself is with his overall gaudy career stats with total tds, yards, etc. Those are more longevity stats, though, and not indicative of GOAT performance. SB wins are, too, to an extent.

If you base your argument on what a player can physically do on the field on any given Sunday, though... the physical ability, mental toughness, leadership, performance... I'm not betting against Mahomes.
Brady 7 Montana and Bradshaw 4 Aikman 3 bunch of guys with 2 not named Jimmy G
jerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-03-2023, 08:02 PM   #36129
In Search of a Life

Quote:
The arguments are interesting for sure. Basing it solely off of SB wins is misleading IMO. If Mahomes ended his career without another SB I don't think you'd find many people who would argue that Aikman or Young were better than him (4 each),
I agree with your overall point. However, Steve Young won 3 Super Bowls and 2 of them were basically the equivalent of when you said Jimmy G "won 2". Nobody even considers Jimmy G to have won 2 Super Bowls. It's more like "Jimmy G" was a member of two Super Bowl winning teams. The difference, other than Young was an elite player, is that Young actually went out and won 1 on his own. Also, MJ won 6 rings. These guys are great enough without you giving them extra titles. LOL
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 05:12 AM   #36130
MVP

Why are there no good highlight videos of Mahomes' second MVP season? I'm sure more will appear after the SB, but the regular season highlight videos are in short supply and mostly suck. They're either poorly made or leave out a ton of the best plays, or both.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-04-2023, 05:37 AM   #36131
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
Why are there no good highlight videos of Mahomes' second MVP season? I'm sure more will appear after the SB, but the regular season highlight videos are in short supply and mostly suck. They're either poorly made or leave out a ton of the best plays, or both.
NFL will drop a full highlight vid for him after the Super Bowl. It’ll probably be 20 or more minutes long
Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-04-2023, 07:50 AM   #36132
MVP

Quote:

What? Neither Aikman nor Young won 4. Aikman and Young won 3.

4 was Montana and Bradshaw.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-04-2023, 07:57 AM   #36133
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
What? Neither Aikman nor Young won 4. Aikman and Young won 3.

4 was Montana and Bradshaw.
Young only won one. Not sure if he was confusing Montana for Young when talking about 4 Super Bowl wins.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 08:04 AM   #36134
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spott View Post
Young only won one. Not sure if he was confusing Montana for Young when talking about 4 Super Bowl wins.
Young was on the '89, 90 teams but only QB1 won in '95, you're right.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-04-2023, 08:09 AM   #36135
MVP

I'll tell you this-

Three SB's in four years is awesome.

Two out of three wondering if Mahomes can play through injury is not.

I want that ****ing offensive line built into the best in football from OT to OT this offseason.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote