Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-20-2022, 01:11 PM  
I'll be back.

House of the Dragon

OH YEAH!

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-23-2022, 07:39 AM   #121
The man you could post like.

Who gives a shit about the quality, were there any good memes? S1 of GOT had the peak of GOT memes with Robert Baratheon.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-23-2022, 07:59 AM   #122
MVP

man I would hate to be some of you guys, way too critical about a tv show. Its supposed to be entertaining if you're not entertained don't watch it.
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 08:12 AM   #123
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambaBerry View Post
man I would hate to be some of you guys, way too critical about a tv show. Its supposed to be entertaining if you're not entertained don't watch it.
It had as many viewers as the original shows did in their heyday. First show so people were curious. Lets see what the numbers are and how far it drops off.

Some people in this thread overall are way way more negative than I've seen in other places.

The scene with the medieval C-section interspersed with the violence in the tournament will eventually be viewed as a classic moment.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 08:31 AM   #124
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
It had as many viewers as the original shows did in their heyday. First show so people were curious. Lets see what the numbers are and how far it drops off.

Some people in this thread overall are way way more negative than I've seen in other places.

The scene with the medieval C-section interspersed with the violence in the tournament will eventually be viewed as a classic moment.
I mean i'm not disagreeing with some of the takes in here just saying is all. I watched game of thrones when it first aired and thought it was awful. I then gave it another shot a couple years later and became hooked.
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-23-2022, 10:18 AM   #125
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambaBerry View Post
I mean i'm not disagreeing with some of the takes in here just saying is all. I watched game of thrones when it first aired and thought it was awful. I then gave it another shot a couple years later and became hooked.
The problem with the entire idea, at least as a book reader nerd, is that the Targaryens just aren't terribly interesting characters. I've mentioned it before in some other GoT thread, but they were just mediocre Valyrians who happened to not be in town when the city went 'splodey. They were rulers by happenstance and not terribly good at it.

Look at the characters in GoT. Obviously Tyrion carried a lot of the weight, but Varys, Bronn, Sam, Davos, Littlefinger, The Hound, Robert - these are all characters that bring a different feel to the show.

This looks like you're gonna have a bunch of stoic and entitled Targaryen's with a dash of Ned nobility and Stannis obstinance sprinkled in. Plus a mis-cast Daemon.

The Targaryen's just aren't as interesting as the dueling families with their histories and their different personalities shaped by time/geography, etc...

It just doesn't have the depth of characters to keep things interesting. It'll have an Arya and Sansa and Robb and probably even a Jon sort of character. But those guys, while they often drove the story, didn't make the story entertaining.

It was the ancillary characters and their personalities/actions that made GoT interesting.

And Ros. Man oh man did Esme Bianco keep my attention...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-23-2022, 10:24 AM   #126
Needs more middle fingers

Sheeesh guys it's been 1 episode and ya'll talking about lack of character development already?

I mean damn, give the series some time to breath first.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 10:29 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Sheeesh guys it's been 1 episode and ya'll talking about lack of character development already?

I mean damn, give the series some time to breath first.
I'm saying they are honing in on a family that just isn't that interesting to begin with.

'Fire and Blood' is just a fairly run of the mill fantasy book - nothing much of note in there. Oh sure, there's a story arc and a climax, etc.... but it doesn't paint with the broad strokes that the ASOIF series did.

It's...fine. I don't see it as viable source material for some massive TV undertaking. That's why I have more hope for the Lord of the Rings prequel; the material to mine is just better.

But again - should they find a way to get Esme Bianco back in the show and keep her in various states of undress, it will cover for many sins.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-23-2022, 10:42 AM   #128
PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL

Joffrey's greatest crime
L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-23-2022, 06:57 PM   #129
Settle this once and forever

House of the Dragon

I thought it was awesome and was hoping it wouldn't end.

I'm easy to please but the CGI, sets, costume design, and acting all seemed good enough for me to stay immersed.

I think not having read Fire & Blood is actually helping. I have no ****ing clue what's going to happen, just that it'll be bloody.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-23-2022, 07:28 PM   #130
I got Rice cookin in the micro

That guy got his dick and balls cut iff
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-23-2022, 07:47 PM   #131
GDT white noise poster

I thought the first episode was pretty good. I never finished the books but I did love the show until d&d had to figure out how to end it and completely ate shit and made everyone reeruned. D&d having nothing to do with the new show is reassuring. I'm cautiously optimistic but I did lol at viserys telling rhaenyra about the white walkers and the long winter and how got handled that
DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-23-2022, 08:55 PM   #132
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Daemon is a freakin' awesome character.

And I just don't think Matt Smith is the right guy to cast for him at all.
How so? It's not like you get some overwhelmingly obvious description as to his looks/physique, etc.

Spoiler!
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-23-2022, 09:01 PM   #133
Cheat Death

Don’t overthink it gents, we got brutality, tits, and dragons in E1.

Pretty much all I ever asked for in a GOT episode.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 09:19 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
How so? It's not like you get some overwhelmingly obvious description as to his looks/physique, etc.

Spoiler!
Someone I can buy as an athlete and who comes across as suave/charming more than conniving and underhanded. Matt Smith could play Baelish just fine but I’m just not buying him as Daemon.

I think you’re right - you can’t have someone massive here. Jai Courtney has probably bulked himself out of it, for instance (but at one point would’ve been a good choice).

Maybe Garrett Hedlund? Jensen Ackles? Alexander Ludwig? I dunno - not a casting director. But man, I’d have come up with literally a hundred names before I got to Matt Smith.

Or here’s a thought - and hear me out on this one - Esme Bianco. Just throwing it out there.
Old 08-23-2022, 09:31 PM   #135
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Someone I can buy as an athlete and who comes across as suave/charming more than conniving and underhanded. Matt Smith could play Baelish just fine but I’m just not buying him as Daemon.

I think you’re right - you can’t have someone massive here. Jai Courtney has probably bulked himself out of it, for instance (but at one point would’ve been a good choice).

Maybe Garrett Hedlund? Jensen Ackles? Alexander Ludwig? I dunno - not a casting director. But man, I’d have come up with literally a hundred names before I got to Matt Smith.

Or here’s a thought - and hear me out on this one - Esme Bianco. Just throwing it out there.

I think I might have actually shed a hear when she died.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.