Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-20-2017, 07:13 PM  
Damnit Peg

Official 2017 NBA Off Season Thread

The draft is June 22nd.
Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:13 PM   #691
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
Have you ever been right about anything
Pretty sure I called you a piece of s**t in one of my posts. Clearly I was right about that at least.

I had no idea the Cavs were getting the 2018 Nets Pick and Jae Crowder. That changes things. Looks like a good trade for the Cavs and a bad one for the Celtics as of right now.

We'll see if Irving is ready to take over and be the man now that he isn't playing with the selfish ego-maniac LeBron... I'm guessing that is what Ainge is banking on.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:24 PM   #692
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
Pretty sure I called you a piece of s**t in one of my posts. Clearly I was right about that at least.

I had no idea the Cavs were getting the 2018 Nets Pick and Jae Crowder. That changes things. Looks like a good trade for the Cavs and a bad one for the Celtics as of right now.

We'll see if Irving is ready to take over and be the man now that he isn't playing with the selfish ego-maniac LeBron... I'm guessing that is what Ainge is banking on.
Selfish ego maniac Lebron is the only reason why Irving has won jack ****ing shit in his pro career.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:36 PM   #693
Please squeeze

To start with, no body should bitch about player loyalty any longer when teams don't show loyalty to players that give everything.

As far as the trade goes, IMHO this comes down to if you think Kyrie is worth a Top 5 pick. IT is most likely a 1 year rental, Crowder is a good player but the pick is probably the most important part because Lebron probably isn't coming back. Of course this trade could be a big bust for Cleveland if the Nets end up making the playoffs this year or close enough to blow the pick up. The East is so bad and teams like the Pacers, Bulls, Magic, and Hawks more than likely end up worse or because they are tanking.

As far as this season goes does this help the Cavs beat GSW? Definitely no IMHO.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:38 PM   #694

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Selfish ego maniac Lebron is the only reason why Irving has won jack ****ing shit in his pro career.
Here come the LeBronies...

Look if LeBron was such a great teammate I don't think Kyrie would want to leave. Granted I called Kyrie a crybaby not too long ago but lets be real here. LeBron clearly chased Kyrie away.

Don't be surprised if the Celtics beat the overrated Cavs in the ECF next season with Kyrie being the MVP. Kyrie is going to want to prove ppl who say he can't be the man on a team wrong and he is going to play with a fire not seen in him before.

Celtics vs Spurs or Warriors (more than likely the Warriors) in next years finals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
To start with, no body should bitch about player loyalty any longer when teams don't show loyalty to players that give everything.

As far as the trade goes, IMHO this comes down to if you think Kyrie is worth a Top 5 pick. IT is most likely a 1 year rental, Crowder is a good player but the pick is probably the most important part because Lebron probably isn't coming back.

As far as this season goes does this help the Cavs beat GSW? Definitely no IMHO.
Tim Duncan played with the Spurs his whole career and the Spurs overpaid him in his last contract. Loyalty still exists Le3-5finalsrecord just doesn't know anything about that!
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:43 PM   #695
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Of course this trade could be a big bust for Cleveland if the Nets end up making the playoffs this year or close enough to blow the pick up. The East is so bad and teams like the Pacers, Bulls, Magic, and Hawks more than likely end up worse or because they are tanking.
Somehow I don't see a Nets team that won 20 games last year making the playoffs after an offseason in which they just traded their best player away (Brook Lopez). They are going to suck.

Quote:
Nobody is beating the Warriors any time soon. That wasn't going to change this offseason no matter what anybody did.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:45 PM   #696
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Granted I called Kyrie a crybaby not too long ago
You mean like 2 hours ago?
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:47 PM   #697
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Here come the LeBronies...

Look if LeBron was such a great teammate I don't think Kyrie would want to leave. Granted I called Kyrie a crybaby not too long ago but lets be real here. LeBron clearly chased Kyrie away.

Don't be surprised if the Celtics beat the overrated Cavs in the ECF next season with Kyrie being the MVP. Kyrie is going to want to prove ppl who say he can't be the man on a team wrong and he is going to play with a fire not seen in him before.

Celtics vs Spurs or Warriors (more than likely the Warriors) in next years finals.

Tim Duncan played with the Spurs his whole career and the Spurs overpaid him in his last contract. Loyalty still exists Le3-5finalsrecord just doesn't know anything about that!
I'm a Timberwolves fan, you dork.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:51 PM   #698

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
I'm a Timberwolves fan, you dork.
Sorry to hear that man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
You mean like 2 hours ago?
Yes. Doesn't change the fact LeBron chased Irving away.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:56 PM   #699
In BB I trust

Quote:
The 2018 Nets pick too?

Horrific deal for the Celtics. They just got worse now and in the future for what may not even be a upgrade at PG (Kyrie remains the most overrated player in the league, a complete ISO player offensively who doesn't play defense). I have no idea why Ainge felt compelled to bail the Cavs out here after all these years of hoarding assets, they did not have to make this move.

Thomas is 29, coming off a hip issue, with his entire game is based on speed, is in the last year of his contract, and is expecting/wanting a Max contract. Irving is 25.

Crowder was getting crowded out at the wing with teh Celtics recent draft picks/acquisition. Easy give for the C's.

The only asset the C's gave that hurt is the unprotected Nets 1, which isn't looking like the top overall pick anymore. The C's also have numerous other high draft picks in the next 2 years. Can't just stockpile more and more assets in teh NBA. Need megastars to compete for championships.
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:58 PM   #700
Please squeeze

Quote:
Somehow I don't see a Nets team that won 20 games last year making the playoffs after an offseason in which they just traded their best player away (Brook Lopez). They are going to suck.

Nobody is beating the Warriors any time soon. That wasn't going to change this offseason no matter what anybody did.
The Nets roster though is better than most of the other teams I listed and they aren't in tanking mode. The East is so bad they could win quite a few games.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:01 PM   #701
In BB I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaj22 View Post
Ainge gifted his only competition in the East a present and a future.

he sat on that Brooklyn pick and refused to use it in trades for other players and he gift wraps it to the Cavs lol

None of the other guys in the discussion help as much as Irving, I don't think.

Irving is 25. Tatum is, whatever, 19. Jaylen Brown is 20. Haywood 27. Marcus Smart 23. C's still have multiple first round picks from other teams.
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:02 PM   #702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnorix View Post
Thomas is 29, coming off a hip issue, with his entire game is based on speed, is in the last year of his contract, and is expecting/wanting a Max contract. Irving is 25.

Crowder was getting crowded out at the wing with teh Celtics recent draft picks/acquisition. Easy give for the C's.

The only asset the C's gave that hurt is the unprotected Nets 1, which isn't looking like the top overall pick anymore. The C's also have numerous other high draft picks in the next 2 years. Can't just stockpile more and more assets in teh NBA. Need megastars to compete for championships.
Good freaking post!
Old 08-22-2017, 09:02 PM   #703
Please squeeze

Quote:

Yup. I am interested to hear if IT passes his physical. There is alot of speculation out there right now that he isn't healthy and Ainge hinted at that tonight in an interview.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:03 PM   #704
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Yes, I understand that side of it. Doesn't mean it's any kind of real upgrade at PG for the Celtics or that their franchise's trajectory has changed in any real way both now and in the future by making this move. If LeBron actually stays as a result of it, it could also really hurt them.

Quote:
Agreed. And they gave him to their main competition in the East, a team that has badly needed a player like Crowder for years. Not exactly ideal.

Quote:
The only asset the C's gave that hurt is the unprotected Nets 1, which isn't looking like the top overall pick anymore.
It isn't? The Nets are going to be hilariously bad once again.

Quote:
Can't just stockpile more and more assets in teh NBA. Need megastars to compete for championships.
Exactly. Which is why waiting all this time just to trade for Kyrie (who isn't even a top 25 player in the league and almost certainly never will be with his major flaws) while trading away a top 3 pick (a player who could potentially be a megastar) is so senseless.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:04 PM   #705
In BB I trust

For those who REALLY care, here are the stupid-complicated Celtics draft picks in future years:

Quote:
2018 first round draft pick from L.A. Lakers
L.A. Lakers' 2018 1st round pick to Philadelphia (via Phoenix) or to Boston (via Phoenix to Philadelphia) protected for selections 1 and 6-30; if this pick falls on any of its protected selections and is therefore retained by Philadelphia, then Boston will instead receive the more favorable of Philadelphia's 2019 1st round pick protected for selection 1 and Sacramento's 2019 1st round pick protected for selection 1 (via Philadelphia) and Philadelphia will receive the less favorable or the protected of these two picks [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012; Milwaukee-Philadelphia-Phoenix, 2/19/2015; Philadelphia-Sacramento, 7/9/2015; Boston-Philadelphia, 6/19/2017]; the 2019 pick conveyance is included in "2019 first round draft pick from Philadelphia or Sacramento" on Boston Incoming

2019 first round draft pick from L.A. Clippers
L.A. Clippers' 1st round pick to Boston (via Memphis) protected for selections 1-14 in 2019 and 1-14 in 2020; if the L.A. Clippers have not conveyed a 1st round pick to Boston by 2020, then the L.A. Clippers will instead convey their 2022 2nd round pick to Boston [L.A. Clippers-Memphis, 2/18/2016; Boston-Memphis, 6/23/2016]

2019 first round draft pick from Memphis
Memphis' 1st round pick to Boston protected for selections 1-8 in 2019 and 1-6 in 2020 and unprotected in 2021 [Boston-Memphis-New Orleans, 1/12/2015]

2019 first round draft pick from Philadelphia or Sacramento
If Philadelphia conveys the L.A. Lakers' 2018 1st round pick to Boston, then Sacramento's 2019 1st round pick to Philadelphia; if Philadelphia does not convey the L.A. Lakers' 2018 1st round pick to Boston, then Boston will instead receive the more favorable of Philadelphia's 2019 1st round pick protected for selection 1 and Sacramento's 2019 1st round pick protected for selection 1 (via Philadelphia) and Philadelphia will receive the less favorable or the protected of these two picks [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012; Milwaukee-Philadelphia-Phoenix, 2/19/2015; Philadelphia-Sacramento, 7/9/2015; Boston-Philadelphia, 6/19/2017]; this pick conveyance is included in "2018 first round draft pick from L.A. Lakers" on Boston Incoming

2020 second round draft pick from Miami
Miami's 2020 2nd round pick to Boston [Boston-Miami, 7/27/2015]