Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-20-2017, 07:13 PM  
Damnit Peg

Official 2017 NBA Off Season Thread

The draft is June 22nd.
Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:43 PM   #631
Shit

SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:58 PM   #632
Ith Fuhtbawl Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post

No.

No no no no no no no.

No.

**** Kyrie with AIDS. Giving up Wiggins to put Kyrie on the floor is a dumb idea. What, is Jeff Teague going to come off the ****ing bench when you just paid him $57 million?

And how the hell does this make Cleveland better?
I'd rather have Kyrie than Teague. When Atlanta traded Teague I was almost as happy as when they traded Joe Johnson or when they traded Dwight Howard. He sucks.
Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:06 PM   #633
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewbies View Post
I'd rather have Kyrie than Teague. When Atlanta traded Teague I was almost as happy as when they traded Joe Johnson or when they traded Dwight Howard. He sucks.

Timberwolves have literally nobody to start at the 3 if they trade Wiggins. That's the problem. Do they move Butler there? That compromises his impact on the court. Start Brandon ****ing Rush?

We're not a team to be messing around with this.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:35 PM   #634
Better than Nelson

Wiggins ****ing sucks. Michael Redd 2.0. TWolves will win nothing with him.
Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:42 PM   #635
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
No.

No no no no no no no.

No.

**** Kyrie with AIDS. Giving up Wiggins to put Kyrie on the floor is a dumb idea. What, is Jeff Teague going to come off the ****ing bench when you just paid him $57 million?

And how the hell does this make Cleveland better?
Superstar league.

Kyrie is one of the best pure scorers we've seen in the decade. He's fearless and has outstanding handles. As 'LeBron's baby bro' I actually think it's led to him being a bit underrated.

There are still teams with cap space that would be willing to make a Teague move if you needed to. Might even get an asset back rather than just clear space.

It'll hurt the perimeter defense but, and this is a notable but, if Thibs can convince Irving to play defense (and everything in his toolbox says he should be able to), you have one of the top 5 players in the league on your hands.

If the Wolves can get Irving straight across for Wiggins, I think they should do it. Wiggins will get max level money soon (if he hasn't already; I don't recall) and he'll never be as impactful a player in the NBA as Irving is now, IMO.

He's not the kind of PG I prefer, but he's the kind of PG that's suddenly winning a lot in this league. I can't see why you wouldn't want to add that unless you think Butler or KAT need the ball in their hands (and I don't think that's where either guy truly excels).

Last edited by DJ's left nut; 07-26-2017 at 03:52 PM..
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:52 PM   #636
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Timberwolves have literally nobody to start at the 3 if they trade Wiggins. That's the problem. Do they move Butler there? That compromises his impact on the court. Start Brandon ****ing Rush?

League's getting away from the 1-2-3-4-5 distinction.

Why do you think Butler at the 3 lessens his impact? With his increased range, having him as a stretch 3 against longer but slower forwards could help him even more offensively. Defensively, he's quick enough to harass most forwards and with KAT's length/athleticism on the interior, that's all he really needs to do.

The question isn't SF, IMO - that answer is easy. The question is what the hell purpose Teague serves if you have Irving as the primary ball-handler. Teague's a fine player but he's pretty much a pure 1. I don't see him as a guy that can accomplish much off the ball; not elite athleticism or size, isn't great at creating his own shot and while he's a solid shooter, he's not a dead-eye out there.

I seem to remember his defense being solid but unspectacular; not an asset, just not a liability.

Y'all would need to figure out something to do with the backcourt as I think Teague and Irving are awkward fits. But I'd risk it to bring Irving in - he's a really damn good player.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:04 PM   #637
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
League's getting away from the 1-2-3-4-5 distinction.

Why do you think Butler at the 3 lessens his impact? With his increased range, having him as a stretch 3 against longer but slower forwards could help him even more offensively. Defensively, he's quick enough to harass most forwards and with KAT's length/athleticism on the interior, that's all he really needs to do.

The question isn't SF, IMO - that answer is easy. The question is what the hell purpose Teague serves if you have Irving as the primary ball-handler. Teague's a fine player but he's pretty much a pure 1. I don't see him as a guy that can accomplish much off the ball; not elite athleticism or size, isn't great at creating his own shot and while he's a solid shooter, he's not a dead-eye out there.

I seem to remember his defense being solid but unspectacular; not an asset, just not a liability.

Y'all would need to figure out something to do with the backcourt as I think Teague and Irving are awkward fits. But I'd risk it to bring Irving in - he's a really damn good player.
I'm not married to Teague by any means. I'm only worried about the money at this point. I can't help it as a Wolves fan, but I just got through 13 years of zero playoffs, and the best team I had to watch in that time was a Rick Adelman-coached group of Kevin Love, Andrei Kirilenko, and oft-injured Ricky Rubio. We just got through a grueling tanking process and actually came out ahead of the game. And now I worry that we're stocking up too soon. Butler, Irving, and KAT all have only two years left. Wiggins was more likely to accept staying here through an extension, and now if we can't keep one of them, are all of them going to bolt?

It'd pretty much end up being two years of competitive basketball in the Western Conference playoffs and then back to the sewer where we belong.

And I do worry that length would get to Butler or at least prevent what he's capable of doing defensively against guards.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:04 PM   #638
Itinerant degenerate.

Quote:
Lebron's 1st Cavs team was literally nothing but scrappy defensive players. Their supposed big push to get Lebron some scoring help was Mo ****ing Williams.

Lue is way out of his element as an NBA coach, but let's not pretend mean ol' Lebron told the next Phil Jackson to go **** himself
I'd take Lue as the coach of my team in a heartbeat.
Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:17 PM   #639
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy won the toss View Post
Wiggins ****ing sucks. Michael Redd 2.0. TWolves will win nothing with him.
Your KU hate is showing
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:52 PM   #640
Better than Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambaBerry View Post
Your KU hate is showing
College basketball isn't a sport.
Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:31 PM   #641
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy won the toss View Post
College basketball isn't a sport.
Lol
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:06 PM   #642
Banned!

Quote:

Agree. Wiggins isn't great, but he's a better fit than Kyrie.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:09 PM   #643
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Agree. Wiggins isn't great, but he's a better fit than Kyrie.
It's all going to be moot, anyway. Even if we corralled the most possible pieces we could offer, which would be Wiggins, Teague, and Dieng, I doubt the Cavs would look at that offer twice. The salaries for Dieng and Teague wouldn't be what they can work with, and I doubt that would STILL be enough for them, since the Wolves would certainly be asking for a player back that they could use.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:09 PM   #644
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Superstar league.

Kyrie is one of the best pure scorers we've seen in the decade. He's fearless and has outstanding handles. As 'LeBron's baby bro' I actually think it's led to him being a bit underrated.

There are still teams with cap space that would be willing to make a Teague move if you needed to. Might even get an asset back rather than just clear space.

It'll hurt the perimeter defense but, and this is a notable but, if Thibs can convince Irving to play defense (and everything in his toolbox says he should be able to), you have one of the top 5 players in the league on your hands.

If the Wolves can get Irving straight across for Wiggins, I think they should do it. Wiggins will get max level money soon (if he hasn't already; I don't recall) and he'll never be as impactful a player in the NBA as Irving is now, IMO.

He's not the kind of PG I prefer, but he's the kind of PG that's suddenly winning a lot in this league. I can't see why you wouldn't want to add that unless you think Butler or KAT need the ball in their hands (and I don't think that's where either guy truly excels).
teague can't be moved for a while.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:13 PM   #645
Banned!

Quote:
It's all going to be moot, anyway. Even if we corralled the most possible pieces we could offer, which would be Wiggins, Teague, and Dieng, I doubt the Cavs would look at that offer twice. The salaries for Dieng and Teague wouldn't be what they can work with, and I doubt that would STILL be enough for them, since the Wolves would certainly be asking for a player back that they could use.
I love the wolves, but I'm not sure that'd be a great deal for them. Dieng is a solid rim protector and Wiggins will likely be a solid wing defender. Both should accel under thibs.