Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-04-2020, 04:09 PM   #41641
Supporter

COVID-19 has killed more than 500 at Missouri nursing homes

https://www.kmbc.com/article/covid-1...homes/33514383

That's over 1/3 of all the MO deaths. Sad situation. Not sure how you really deal with nursing homes and the like considering how fragile a lot of those people are to begin with.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2020, 04:26 PM   #41642
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
LOL

so last year you had 2 and 10 this year?

thats about the only way that works. low numbers
32 though June 30th.

There were 17 last year at the same point, city of 250,000.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-04-2020, 04:27 PM   #41643
Cheat Death

Sounds similar to available ICU beds math
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2020, 04:46 PM   #41644
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
She toddles up, turns around, and plants her rear end right next to me.
You've still got it!
IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-04-2020, 04:58 PM   #41645
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
They generally don't give test results out over the weekend because the test sights are closed so there is always going to be a surge every Mon-Tuesday.
you must not watch the numbers daily.

Sunday and Monday are always low days.

Tuesday usually is a tad higher than Wednesday.

But that's got nothing to do with my post.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:13 PM   #41646
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
The state has us at 1034 for the day.

Worldometers has us at almost 1400.

Another backlog coming.
Those numbers have never matched.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:23 PM   #41647
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
By symptomatic they mean what exactly, considering C-19 symptoms seem almost all-encompassing at this point.

A study that percolated out from Iran noted a lot of cases were co-infections with H1N1. Have bacterial or viral co-infections been ruled out in the seriously ill cases here or not?
That is incredibly common with the flu. Substantial mortality occurs due to bacterial superinfections.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:30 PM   #41648
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
That is incredibly common with the flu. Substantial mortality occurs due to bacterial superinfections.
But does co-infection directly lead to a plurality of influenza deaths?
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:04 PM   #41649
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
But does co-infection directly lead to a plurality of influenza deaths?
Given that there are dozens more coded hospital admissions for pneumonia than flu, it is highly, highly likely.

Generally, people that are flu positive in the hospital also have a secondary infection, even the elderly.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:09 PM   #41650
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
That's over 1/3 of all the MO deaths. Sad situation. Not sure how you really deal with nursing homes and the like considering how fragile a lot of those people are to begin with.
43% of NJ deaths are from nursing homes. It's a terrible situation and it breaks my heart that those people died without having their family around them.
Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 07:26 PM   #41651
Supporter

My mom's in an assisted living facility that's physically connected to a nursing home. I'm so scared for her.
IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:45 PM   #41652
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
And general level of outbreak going on around the school.
I think this is the biggest issue.

Communities may have the choice between in person schools, or bars, gyms, and dine in, or overloaded hospitals if you try it all.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-04-2020, 09:41 PM   #41653
MVP

I am 57 years old and visit my parents in a nearby town. They are 87 years old. I have not had contact with my mom or dad since March when this Covid began. My mom yesterday asked me to give her a hug and I told her no.....I was wearing a mask since i just returned from a vacation out of state. She cried. **** this bull shit. If I am 87 years old and cant hug my ****ing kids.......who gives a ****? My mom knows her days are numbered regardless and doesnt want this covid bullshit to ruin her interactions with her kids and grandkids.....I dont blame her at all......Fauci can **** himself.....I will go ahead and begin hugging my parents again.

Last edited by jdubya; 08-04-2020 at 09:47 PM..
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:42 PM   #41654
Mahomes or GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
My Son has gone to day care all summer and until yesterday they did not have to wear masks. Only the Teachers. No one got Covid. Today they all had to start wearing masks even outside. So they went from one extreme to the other.
Our 18 month old has been in daycare the entire time as well.

We have had to wear masks in and the kids get their temp taken at the door, but no masks are required other than teachers within the facility.

No one there has had it to my knowledge.
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2020, 11:40 PM   #41655
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya View Post
I am 57 years old and visit my parents in a nearby town. They are 87 years old. I have not had contact with my mom or dad since March when this Covid began. My mom yesterday asked me to give her a hug and I told her no.....I was wearing a mask since i just returned from a vacation out of state. She cried. **** this bull shit. If I am 87 years old and cant hug my ****ing kids.......who gives a ****? My mom knows her days are numbered regardless and doesnt want this covid bullshit to ruin her interactions with her kids and grandkids.....I dont blame her at all......Fauci can **** himself.....I will go ahead and begin hugging my parents again.
Why are you angry at Dr. Fauci?
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote