Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-20-2016, 03:30 AM   #2
Mindful Taoist German

Again, the only reason to do this is that you feel you can improve on the original.

Name one person, ON ALL THE EARTH, more creepy than Tim Curry...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:17 PM   #3
In Search of a Life

http://comicbook.com/2016/08/12/step...ranger-things/

Netflix's Stranger Things has earned rave reviews from critics and viewers alike, because it perfectly captures the look and feel of classic sci-fi and coming-of-age films from the '70s and '80s. That includes Stand by Me, a 1986 film directed by Rob Reiner and based on Stephen King's 1982 novella The Body. You can also make the case that some elements are inspired by Stephen King's IT.

I guess why it isn't too surprising to hear Dan Lin, a producer of the feature film adaptation of IT, comparing the upcoming film to Stranger Things.

“I think a great analogy is actually Stranger Things, and we’re seeing it on Netflix right now,” Lin told Collider. “It’s very much an homage to ’80s movies, whether it’s classic Stephen King or even Spielberg. Think about Stand by Me as far as the bonding amongst the kids. But there is a really scary element in Pennywise.”

IT began filming in late-June, spending most of its time on the young cast, but according to Lin, it's time to send in the terrifying, shapeshifting clown. Taking on Pennywise, a role made famous by Tim Curry (Clue), will be Hemlock Grove star Bill Skarsgard.

“His build is really interesting; he’s really tall and lanky, and feels a little clown like in his movement,” Lin said of Skarsgard. “When he came in — we had a lot of different actors read, and when he came in he had a different spin on the character that got us really excited. You’ve had Heath Ledger doing almost a clown joker, you’ve seen obviously Tim Curry as a clown. We wanted someone who created a Pennywise character that would stand on its own and Bill came in and created this character that frankly freaked us out.”

IT is about a group of childhood friends who reunite in their small home town in Maine to once again confront an evil entity that they thought they had destroyed 30 years earlier.

The cast features Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise, Javier Botet as The Leper, Jaeden Lieberher as Bill Denbrough, Jeremy Ray Taylor as Ben Hanscom, Sophia Lillis as Beverly Marsh, Finn Wolfhard as Richie Tozier, Jack Dylan Grazer as Eddie Kaspbrak, Chosen Jacobs as Mike Hanlon, Wyatt Oleff as Stanley Uris, Nicholas Hamilton as Henry Bowers, Owen Teague as Patrick Hockstetter, and Logan Thompson as Victor Criss.

The film is being directed by Mama-helmer, Andrés Muschietti.

IT will float into theaters September 8th, 2017.
chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:27 PM   #4
Mahomes Fanboi

"The cast features Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise, Javier Botet as The Leper, Jaeden Lieberher as Bill Denbrough, Jeremy Ray Taylor as Ben Hanscom, Sophia Lillis as Beverly Marsh, Finn Wolfhard as Richie Tozier, Jack Dylan Grazer as Eddie Kaspbrak, Chosen Jacobs as Mike Hanlon, Wyatt Oleff as Stanley Uris, Nicholas Hamilton as Henry Bowers, Owen Teague as Patrick Hockstetter, and Logan Thompson as Victor Criss."

That casting actually looks fantastic.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2016, 05:55 PM   #5
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post

"The cast features Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise, Javier Botet as The Leper, Jaeden Lieberher as Bill Denbrough, Jeremy Ray Taylor as Ben Hanscom, Sophia Lillis as Beverly Marsh, Finn Wolfhard as Richie Tozier, Jack Dylan Grazer as Eddie Kaspbrak, Chosen Jacobs as Mike Hanlon, Wyatt Oleff as Stanley Uris, Nicholas Hamilton as Henry Bowers, Owen Teague as Patrick Hockstetter, and Logan Thompson as Victor Criss."

That casting actually looks fantastic.

Between this and Dark Tower I'm very excited
chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:05 PM   #6
GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

Does anyone know where I can find the original for free perhaps? I can't remember it really, but I do remember that it was the only horror anything, even to this day, that scared me.
Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 08-13-2016, 12:51 AM   #7
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones View Post
Does anyone know where I can find the original for free perhaps? I can't remember it really, but I do remember that it was the only horror anything, even to this day, that scared me.

It's one of those "must own" dvd's for me. Classic growing up as a kid. I use to do his voice spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:18 PM   #8
Choco Favre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmem58 View Post
It's one of those "must own" dvd's for me. Classic growing up as a kid. I use to do his voice spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought it, thanks.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:21 PM   #9
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
Just bought it, thanks.
No problem.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2016, 03:04 AM   #10
Stuff & Things

I really hope they do the book justice. The mini-series had its moments but ended up being kinda campy.

One of my favorite parts of the book was when it flashed back to Mike Hanlon's dad when he was stationed at the army base in Derry. I hope they include that.

They need to go in depth with Pennywise. Explain how long It's been around and really give the character some backstory.
Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:46 PM   #11
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
I really hope they do the book justice. The mini-series had its moments but ended up being kinda campy.

One of my favorite parts of the book was when it flashed back to Mike Hanlon's dad when he was stationed at the army base in Derry. I hope they include that.

They need to go in depth with Pennywise. Explain how long It's been around and really give the character some backstory.
Haven't read a King book since for close to 15 years. I always found his method of story telling unnecessarily long-winded and his endings so abrupt and anti-climatic it's like his publisher knocked on the door and said "OK, times up!" and he had to quick make something up.

I might have to try "It" based on your responses. I do recall enjoying "The Shining" quiet a bit now that I recall.

If it sucks there will be hell to pay Gonzo! Hell, I say!!!!
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:17 PM   #12
In Search of a Life

Just looking at the cover image, I don't have much hope. It will probably be a cgi fest with tons of special effects, annoying celebrities, and forced scare tactics.

The beauty of IT as originally done was simplicity and subtlety. I can't imagine we'll see either in the remake.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:41 PM   #13
Now you've pissed me off!

That miniseries scared the ever-loving **** out of me. I've never been so terrified in my life, and I've hated clowns ever since.

It could have a Katy Perry bukakke scene in it and I still don't think I'd watch it.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:55 PM   #14
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
That miniseries scared the ever-loving **** out of me. I've never been so terrified in my life, and I've hated clowns ever since.

It could have a Katy Perry bukakke scene in it and I still don't think I'd watch it.
I think there's a time in every guys life, where you have to man up. I think in this situation you'd have to man up. Put your fears to the side and man the **** up.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:48 AM   #15
Choco Favre

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post

Easily the best scary movie for kids/teens. Nothing else comes close.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.