Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-03-2024, 09:23 PM   #2
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink View Post
Fair enough like I said, BUT I think the Bear fans would "rather WIN" a SB and I am betting Williams doesn't get them there EVER. We will agree to disagree.
Will Fields?
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 03-03-2024, 01:24 PM   #3
Three-Pat

If I am Chicago I am taking Williams unless I am 100% confident that Fields has what it takes to lead that franchise to a SB. I do think that Williams is the most over analyzed player in this draft. He’s the most talented player at the most critical position. I would rather roll the dice that he’s the guy and miss than pass on him and watch him become an elite QB. Could they fail in that? Sure. He isn’t as much of a sure thing that Luck was, but they can’t afford to miss out on another wildly talented QB like they did with Mahomes.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 03-03-2024, 07:51 PM   #4
Special Teams ACE!!!

By the way... fun fact that I've posted before on here. Anybody know who the Bears' career receiving yards record holder is?

It's some guy named Johnny Morris. According to Pro Football Reference, he played flanker, which hasn't been listed on an NFL depth chart in over 50 years. He put up 5,059 receiving yards in a Bears uniform.

The Chiefs have 10 guys with more than that.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 08:20 PM   #5
Facts are stubborn things.

He’s too talented not to draft from the Bears POV, or should be. Yes he appears to be a weirdo and difficult but so are Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton and each produced MVP seasons and Super Bowl appearances.

Someone ITT compared him to Manziel - as far as I know CW does not have issues with substance abuse.

The only good reason not to do it is if you think one of the other prospects is on par or better than CW.
warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:28 PM   #6
Special Teams ACE!!!

Character over talent got us Todd Blackledge.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 09:26 PM   #7
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Character over talent got us Todd Blackledge.
I was just a kid, and I remember being so disappointed. I think we drafted him because Penn State won the "NC"
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-03-2024, 09:28 PM   #8
Going home eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
I was just a kid, and I remember being so disappointed. I think we drafted him because Penn State won the "NC"
He was thought to be a good pick. Nobody thoight it was some crazy pick. Just looks that way now.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:48 AM   #9
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
He was thought to be a good pick. Nobody thoight it was some crazy pick. Just looks that way now.
Chiefs wanted Marino; drafted Blackledge because Mackovic wanted him. I never thought he got a real chance to succeed. At the time, the Chiefs were playing musical QBs with Kenney, Fuller and Blackledge. It was a mess. I think Todd/Page still hold the record for most yards in a single game by a Chiefs QB/WR combo.

Anyways, I've learned a lot about myself in this thread. Mostly about how old people like myself are supposed to think about race and painting fingernails.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:55 AM   #10
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzkirk View Post
Chiefs wanted Marino; drafted Blackledge because Mackovic wanted him. I never thought he got a real chance to succeed. At the time, the Chiefs were playing musical QBs with Kenney, Fuller and Blackledge. It was a mess. I think Todd/Page still hold the record for most yards in a single game by a Chiefs QB/WR combo.
I'm getting old but my memory is that Todd had way too long of a leash. He should never have been picked. Allowed to start and or play so long and so many snaps. He is a shining example of the bad ole days.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:34 PM   #11
Future NBA Finals MVP

Hard to believe he will be an outright bust. I kinda see a Russell Wilson career path.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 09:19 PM   #12
Fan since 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Hard to believe he will be an outright bust. I kinda see a Russell Wilson career path.
Many experts touted Trever Lawrence as the next generational QB.
College prospect projections mean nothing in the NFL. They are just that, projections.
We have learned this lesson over and over again with QBs and WRs in particular.
It sucks for the Bears to not have that choice of a cut and dry talent of a Peyton Manning where you know for sure you have a franchise guy of a high character.

I see Kyler Murray with this guy. A bigger, more accurate Kyler Murray.
But with the mental makeup of a midget. Soft and entitled.
Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-03-2024, 09:46 PM   #13
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieftain View Post
Many experts touted Trever Lawrence as the next generational QB.
College prospect projections mean nothing in the NFL. They are just that, projections.
We have learned this lesson over and over again with QBs and WRs in particular.
It sucks for the Bears to not have that choice of a cut and dry talent of a Peyton Manning where you know for sure you have a franchise guy of a high character.

I see Kyler Murray with this guy. A bigger, more accurate Kyler Murray.
But with the mental makeup of a midget. Soft and entitled.
Lol of all the great #1 overall QBs throughout history you chose Peyton Manning as the high character guy?
Old 03-03-2024, 08:52 PM   #14
Banned!

Is he better than Jayden Daniels?
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 09:18 PM   #15
Special Teams ACE!!!

I know they’re the Browns, but Baker’s college behavior was far more alarming to me than Caleb’s is. All while being shorter, slower, and with far less arm talent.

Whattaya know. #1 overall