Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-26-2020, 09:25 AM  
Always ask 'Why?"

Hey Small Business Owners...What are you doing to ride the storm out?

How are you handling HR issues?

Are you applying for SBA loans?
There are several types of loans. And new info is appearing daily.

Capital up to $10MM.
Up to 30 years to repay. Some actually are forgivable.
3.75 to 4%

https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/

https://www.inc.com/kevin-j-ryan/sma...incthismorning

My world: Everyone at the software companies are working remotely. The chocolate factory shut down yesterday due to not be considered an essential business. The chocolate elve had already left due to health concerns. I handle all the commercial rentals myself so no impact:

I don't intend to lay-off anybody...if this stretches into June or July...then we may look at cutting salaries by 25 to 50%. With the $1,200 everyone is getting already from the gov, and the 4 month unemployment (+$600/week additional), if we have to do layoffs, then the Team will not be totally without funds.

What are you doing to ride the storm out?

Last edited by Trivers; 04-02-2020 at 06:02 AM..
Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:29 AM   #301
Rookie

Can anyone clarify in more detail which payroll taxes are to be omitted from the request?
Ive heard only Federal taxes, but Ive also heard only the employer portion is excluded.
Any help would be great.
Papachief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Papachief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Papachief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Papachief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:29 AM   #302
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papachief View Post
Can anyone clarify in more detail which payroll taxes are to be omitted from the request?
Ive heard only Federal taxes, but Ive also heard only the employer portion is excluded.
Any help would be great.
you only include taxes that are the responsibility of the company, not those withheld from the employees
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-03-2020, 11:31 AM   #303
Veteran

Quote:
I'm still waiting for Wells Fargo to start accepting apps. Can you apply at more than one bank?
You cannot apply more than once.

From my consultants in the field: None of the big banks are going through right now, but smaller banks are starting to process.

In a call earlier with PNC, we believe that until the big banks have clarity on the level of risk they are taking, they are going to either not accept applications or hold the ones they do get. PNC is expecting upwards of $10B in these loans, which means BoA, Chase, JPMorgan, Wells, and any other sizable bank is going to sit tight in short term. The smaller banks that have little exposure are processing....
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-03-2020, 11:33 AM   #304
Supporter

Quote:
I'm still waiting for Wells Fargo to start accepting apps. Can you apply at more than one bank?
I haven’t heard of any banks that won’t put you behind existing customers.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:36 AM   #305
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5676 View Post
BOA is 100% only allowing people to apply through them that meet both requirements.

1) business checking/savings account AND
2) previous lending account (loan, BOA credit card, etc)
That's not the issue. The issue is they are telling folks, including customers that do not have lending accounts, that the two items you listed are a requirement set by the SBA and they (BoA) are honoring the intention of the Treasury Department. This is blatantly false, and in my opinion, a huge disservice to both small businesses and their employees. The Treasury and SBA are both clear that all eligible applicants need to do is apply with an SBA lending partner.

If BoA wants to come out and say, we're only taking applications because we made a business decision to do so, then do that, but don't lie to people.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 11:54 AM   #306
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa View Post
you only include taxes that are the responsibility of the company, not those withheld from the employees
Great.
Thanks Mililo!!
I'm new to the board and everyone has been great.
Look forward to talking with everyone
Papachief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Papachief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Papachief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Papachief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 12:11 PM   #307
Veteran

Quote:
Great.
Thanks Mililo!!
Welcome aboard! If you learn to not take things to seriously in most of the threads, it's a really enjoyable place. I've been a long time lurker until about 6 - 8 months ago....fun group to say the least, but you have to have thick skin!
Old 04-03-2020, 12:52 PM   #308
In Search of a Life

Anyone heard anything back yet? I sent all my stuff in yesterday and they said they’re sending it all to SBA today
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:19 PM   #309
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Anyone heard anything back yet? I sent all my stuff in yesterday and they said they’re sending it all to SBA today

Assuming you mean PPP application:
Had many of my clients that went through smaller banks acknowledge the application is in....none of the big banks came through today...

From here, I suspect at least two weeks to fund, but that's speculative. And no prognosis at this point as to when the big banks will come through.
Old 04-03-2020, 02:10 PM   #310
Veteran

Quote:
Great.
Thanks Mililo!!
I forgot to add employer portion of FICA as well....
Old 04-03-2020, 02:11 PM   #311
Veteran

Found this out on the SBA site today....it is their "interim final rule".

Lots of good information here, but what stood out to me was on page 13....the PPP is "First Come, First Served" Apparently BoA didn't get the memo on this....

https://www.sba.gov/sites/default/fi...%20FINAL_0.pdf

Last edited by mililo4cpa; 04-03-2020 at 02:17 PM..
Old 04-03-2020, 02:19 PM   #312
Shit

They have said first come first served all along
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 02:56 PM   #313
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
They have said first come first served all along
Somebody should tell Bank of America that....
Old 04-03-2020, 03:00 PM   #314
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa View Post
I forgot to add employer portion of FICA as well....
Great Thanks!
Old 04-03-2020, 05:04 PM   #315
In Search of a Life

Got everything done

Can’t get this on my new office because of the timing. Sucks

But the girls all figured out apparently they can make more being furloughed and on unemployment
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.