Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6861
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	6433
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6808
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6704
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:43 PM   #1756
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Horizon offset. I know how good the WSM is, I've put out hundreds of pounds of meat on mine...just wanted to try something new. This thing is a beast at 450 pounds and has almost no rust.

I've been reading a lot about temperature convection plates and tuning these things to produce an even temperature across the grill. Anyone have any experience/tips? I cant find tuning plates online, but I found these for propane grills. Would they work?
Get a couple of steel cookie sheets in the width you need. Probably 2 or 3 to make up the length of your smoker. Then you move them across the bottom, varying the space between them to tune it. For example, towards the firebox, you might have it "closed" to about 20 inches away, and then a space open.
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:45 PM   #1757
MVP

Like this: Although I don't think these are cookie sheets, that's what we use.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...59155478930575
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:28 PM   #1758
MVP

i made my own looked just like this.

My plates interlapped so they could be tuned, like a fish.

Quote:
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Horizon offset. I know how good the WSM is, I've put out hundreds of pounds of meat on mine...just wanted to try something new. This thing is a beast at 450 pounds and has almost no rust.

I've been reading a lot about temperature convection plates and tuning these things to produce an even temperature across the grill. Anyone have any experience/tips? I cant find tuning plates online, but I found these for propane grills. Would they work?
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:52 PM   #1759
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinny Bossa Nova View Post
Yes I dod.

I typed ear regardless because I thought some of the brighter kids might get the joke.

The joke is I'm poking fun at the people that think "irregardless" is a word.

Do you get it now?

I didn't think to explain that in the post.

Dinny
You never know around this place with all the intensive purposes there are.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:01 PM   #1760
Baba Ganoush

What do you fine folks recommend I smoke with almond wood?

My neighbor gave me a big ass log of death!
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:30 PM   #1761
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post

Probably very similar to pecan, so pork and chicken?

Seems likely to be pretty delicate and a little sweet so it'll get run over by anything rich. Even a heavy rub might be a disservice.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:23 PM   #1762
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post

Your house.

Sorry man, I couldn’t resist.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:30 PM   #1763
MVP

big ol' fattie
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:15 AM   #1764
Indian Twitter

Going to smoke a big Salmon fillet. It's been marinating all night in Jack, pineapple orange juice, soy sauce and brown sugar. This will be a Sweet Bourbon Style Salmon. The wife has made this on the grill many times but this will be the first time I've cooked one in the smoker. I'm going to use apple and cherry wood, for sweet smoke. Sweet wood for sweet smoke. That's what the wife calls me, "Sweet Wood"!.

It's pretty hard not to throw some ribs on the smoker when I crank it up so I'm also doing two slabs of Spare Ribs. I'm going to use a Memphis style rub, using the Johnny Trigg method so when I wrap these ribs about 3hrs in there will be some habanero hot sauce in the wrap as well as the butter, honey and agave. Going to be sweet with some habanero heat.

Time to get with it
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:28 AM   #1765
MVP

Been marinating some cheap flank steak in orange juice and Caribbean jerk season since about 9 last night. Going to grill them later
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:31 AM   #1766
Mammoth penis

I did a brisket on my new Horizon offset Fri but forgot to take pics. Doing burnt ends from same brisket today.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190602_122734.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	118427   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190602_122724.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	118428  
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:38 PM   #1767
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
I did a brisket on my new Horizon offset Fri but forgot to take pics. Doing burnt ends from same brisket today.
Very nice...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2019, 04:36 PM   #1768
Cheat Death

Quote:
I'm not one to over critique someone's pic, but that look like pork to me. Odd looking ends for sure, maybe the lighting? Either way, hope they taste good!
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:04 PM   #1769
Ultrabanned

My first attempt at homemade dough and my first time doing a charcoal fired pizza of any kind. Turned out nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:19 PM   #1770
Mammoth penis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
I'm not one to over critique someone's pic, but that look like pork to me. Odd looking ends for sure, maybe the lighting? Either way, hope they taste good!
The bark is underneath, I layed them in the pan upside down so the other sides would get the smoke. And that was only after about 30 minutes in. They're finished now and the are superb.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190602_181745.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	118430  
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.