Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-06-2013, 11:01 PM  
ON CP YOU’RE SOMEBODY’S BITCH!

Better Call Saul

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2021, 06:47 PM   #2161
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
Yeah I can't wait to see what happens with Kim and of they finish it showing him in the current time where he is working cinnabon and alone.
That's gonna be so hard to watch. There are so few redeeming characters in the breaking bad / bcs universe. If they kill her off, that one's gonna really sting.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:03 PM   #2162
World's Best Boss

I’m worried about Nacho, and Lalo in a weird way, too.

Lalo is my favorite Salamanca and I don’t think there’s a close second.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2021, 03:10 AM   #2163
Future NBA Finals MVP

At this point it is takinb to long. Make a spin off with Nacho. Great great character.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2021, 02:04 PM   #2164
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
That's gonna be so hard to watch. There are so few redeeming characters in the breaking bad / bcs universe. If they kill her off, that one's gonna really sting.

Yeah I have a hard time thinking they are going to do it, i hope that she just bounces and lives in hiding or something once Saul gets in too much trouble. If she dies that'll be rough for sure!
B_Razz is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutB_Razz is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutB_Razz is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutB_Razz is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutB_Razz is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutB_Razz is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutB_Razz is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutB_Razz is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 08-11-2021, 03:07 PM   #2165
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Razz View Post
Yeah I have a hard time thinking they are going to do it, i hope that she just bounces and lives in hiding or something once Saul gets in too much trouble. If she dies that'll be rough for sure!
Or, on the other side of the coin, she appears in the Cinnabon world having left everything to stay with Jimmy.
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 08-11-2021, 03:40 PM   #2166
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER View Post
Or, on the other side of the coin, she appears in the Cinnabon world having left everything to stay with Jimmy.
That'd be awesome, and hopefully they'd get a happy ending together.
B_Razz is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutB_Razz is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutB_Razz is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutB_Razz is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutB_Razz is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutB_Razz is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutB_Razz is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutB_Razz is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 08-11-2021, 03:50 PM   #2167
Supporter

Kim is her own worst enemy. If she doesn’t make it to Nebraska it’s because she ****ed up.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2021, 04:10 PM   #2168
World's Best Boss

Kim is the strongest WW parallel in the story for me so far.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2021, 03:16 PM   #2169
I got Rice cookin in the micro

Kim needs to be in a barrel
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2021, 03:56 PM   #2170
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonpenz View Post
Kim needs to be over a barrel
FYP...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2021, 04:14 PM   #2171
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
I’m worried about Nacho, and Lalo in a weird way, too.

Lalo is my favorite Salamanca and I don’t think there’s a close second.
Lalo is definitely dead by the end of BCS. That was already determined in Breaking Bad.

Unless he fakes his own death and gives Gus a reason to think that Hector was the last Salamanca.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-12-2021, 04:19 PM   #2172
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
Lalo is definitely dead by the end of BCS. That was already determined in Breaking Bad.

Unless he fakes his own death and gives Gus a reason to think that Hector was the last Salamanca.
Yeah, there's some debate (small hope) because Saul was convinced Lalo was alive in S2 of BB's timeline, but obviously he's hearing things second hand compared to Gus.
Old 08-13-2021, 04:55 PM   #2173
MFIC

Quote:
Kim needs to be available in a brothel
FYP...
Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:59 PM   #2174
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Kim needs to be in a barrel
She has to be dead or well hidden because she didnt exist in Breaking Bad.

Last edited by BigRedChief; 08-13-2021 at 07:42 PM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2021, 07:21 PM   #2175
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
She has to be dead or well hidden because she died t exist in Breaking Bad.
You sure?
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.