Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-17-2018, 09:13 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Ian Rap: “Berry is improving”

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:26 PM   #166
'Tis my eye!

FYI, Watts was in the game several times yesterday WITH the other guys. Guess what that tells us? They don't have enough players to get those guys off the field, even with Watts.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:27 PM   #167
Can't Use That Disney Ass Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Right, and the predominant idea to fix the defense is to fire Sutton.

It's a laughably futile idea.

That is the WHOLE discussion. LOL
I would’ve fired him because he’s very stubborn at times and doesn’t adjust until it’s too late or almost too late. That’s not up for discussion that’s a fact.

Bob Sutton is DC for historic collapses. He’s Hue Jackson bad at DC at times
Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:27 PM   #168
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Because they're not good enough. Do you honestly think if they were good, they'd still be on the bench?
With how Sutton left Zombo in last year when he had Kpassagnon to rotate in and get some snaps, yet didn't do so, it honestly wouldn't surprise me one bit.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:28 PM   #169
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
So Fuller has a year where he is considered the top slot CB in the NFL in Washington and possibly top 5 overall in the league according to PFF, and then he comes here and starts playing badly? What happened? Talent doesn't just disappear overnight.
David Amerson was the top CB in the league according to PFF three years ago. He was one of the worst CB's in the league two years ago, with the same team, in the same system.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:28 PM   #170
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones View Post
I would’ve fired him because he’s very stubborn at times and doesn’t adjust until it’s too late or almost too late. That’s not up for discussion that’s a fact.

Bob Sutton is DC for historic collapses. He’s Hue Jackson bad at DC at times
You gonna fire Andy Reid too? He played a BIG hand in those playoff losses too.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:29 PM   #171

Quote:
David Amerson was the top CB in the league according to PFF three years ago. He was one of the worst CB's in the league two years ago, with the same team, in the same system.
He also had a foot injury which is incredibly hard to come back from in that span.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:29 PM   #172
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
With how Sutton left Zombo in last year when he had Kpassagnon to rotate in and get some snaps, yet didn't do so, it honestly wouldn't surprise me one bit.
Zombo played last year because KPass wasn't ready. I heard that one right out of Reid's mouth in a presser.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:31 PM   #173
'Tis my eye!

Look guys, I'm all for firing Bob Sutton.

I'm just not under the illusion that it's going to fix the defense because the simple fact is that it won't. Talent-wise, this is one of the worst defensive units in the league. Until that improves, nothing else is going to change.

It's all good, I don't feel like fighting anymore.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:31 PM   #174
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Mr. htismaqe fighting the good fight.

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:32 PM   #175
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Quote:

I'm just not under the illusion that it's going to fix the defense because the simple fact is that it won't. Talent-wise, this is one of the worst defensive units in the league. Until that improves, nothing else is going to change.

No!!! You were winning!!

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:33 PM   #176
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
No!!! You were winning!!

FAX
Nah, with this defense, none of us are winning. It's awful, on that we all agree.

Thankfully, the CHIEFS are winning and hopefully that continues, in spite of the defense.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:39 PM   #177
Please squeeze

Quote:
Sutton made adjustments, not all of those adjustments were blitzes. Try again.

Ok but as stated in the article Marcellus just posted he changed his scheme to blitz more instead of sitting back and getting carved up.

And I totally agree with this part of that article. If you are going to be a shitty D at least go down trying.

Quote:
While there is inherent risk in blitzing and playing aggressively, the upside is that occasionally it will pay off in the form of a big play or a stop. When a defense is already giving up yards and points, the “risk” of playing aggressively is negated in that the bad outcome is already occurring. So trying to at least make a few plays for the other side makes sense.

Reid also said in his PC today that Watts and Smith have gotten quite a few reps but it doesn't sound like they are ready to give them more right now. Shit I remember when we were a SB contender and Marty started rookies Jerome Woods and Reggie Tongue and let them learn on the job. They need to do that with these guys.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:40 PM   #178

Quote:
Nah, with this defense, none of us are winning. It's awful, on that we all agree.

Thankfully, the CHIEFS are winning and hopefully that continues, in spite of the defense.
Fair enough. We've weathered the worst of the storm already. Hopefully Berry coming back and kicking some ass will inspire the rest of the team to play with some fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:51 PM   #179
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Ok but as stated in the article Marcellus just posted he changed his scheme to blitz more instead of sitting back and getting carved up.
I understand that but the simple fact is that the defense made plays out in both scenarios. They also had major whiffs in both scenarios. It's all on the players. For example, they weren't blitzing at the beginning of the game, they were actually executing and making plays. I wonder if the beginning of games are "scripted"?

Quote:
And I totally agree with this part of that article. If you are going to be a shitty D at least go down trying.
I just don't agree, sorry. They're 2-0. Swinging for the fences is a baseball term. Giving up a 70-yard TD in 10 seconds would have lost the game yesterday. One of LA's drives took 8 minutes. It took them so long to score, there wasn't any time left to actually contend for the win. That actually counts for something.

Quote:
Reid also said in his PC today that Watts and Smith have gotten quite a few reps but it doesn't sound like they are ready to give them more right now. Shit I remember when we were a SB contender and Marty started rookies Jerome Woods and Reggie Tongue and let them learn on the job. They need to do that with these guys.
Absolutely agree there. I'm just not that confident that the guys they've drafted are any good. Too many defensive busts over the last 4-5 years for me to be confident that they will help but we'll see.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:54 PM   #180
Diablo Negro

Quote:

In some ways you are correct about the talent, honestly we are 1 CB and 2 safeties away from being more than adequate.

I hope those guys show up this season in the form of Berry, Ward, and Sorenson.

That being said there is no excuse to not be more aggressive since playing conservative isn't working.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.