Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2023, 06:10 PM   #13606
MVP

I'm laddering shorter term CDs. I had 2 mature recently. I thought rates might drop for longer term CDs, but they keep going up. The sweet spot is 1-year at 5.4%, but shorter and longer terms aren't much different.

Just some info for the savers.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 08:24 PM   #13607
Mod Team

Everyone post what stock is your biggest individual holding.

I’ll go first.

PYPL as a long term position started over the past year for me.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-07-2023, 09:02 PM   #13608
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post

I’ll go first.

I know banks, as a banking regulator for a state agency - obviously I am prohibited from owning banks regulated by my state - but that didn't mean I couldn't profit tidily and confidently by making a swing trade in PACW and also buying and holding USB forever at 26.?? a share.

I thought about Paypal, but ultimately decided the lack of moat and numerous alternative payment platforms - and perhaps more specifically, Apple pay and bank-related products such as Zelle which are infinitely more convenient in my view. I do think it will be fine now that it is far more appropriately priced than it was historically. A fairly tame gamble, if you will.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 09:14 PM   #13609
MVP

Quote:

I’ll go first.

Oh but my biggest holding is actually a tiny little canadian company that manufactures aerospace parts. I am counting on a significant bounceback in cash flows following the roller coaster ride in airplane manufacturing rates. Also the company will never trade for what its worth, so literally just a cash flow drip forever type investment. I think they had EBITDA of 250MM canadian with pre-covid but their market cap has ranged around 300MM to 450MM post-covid. Precious little debt, tangible book well above their market cap, and while they don't possess a strong moat since they do fairly commoditized manufacturing, it kinda seemed like a long-term no brainer even if the cash flow has taken forever to bounce back.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-07-2023, 09:36 PM   #13610
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

My biggest is probably still Google, but Nvidia is really close. Or maybe even the top now.

As a buy and hold guy in general, it's probably no surprise that my biggest holdings are Google, Nvidia, Microsoft, and Amazon. Right now, I've got as much in CDs as those four stocks combined, though.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 09:50 PM   #13611
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
My biggest is probably still Google, but Nvidia is really close. Or maybe even the top now.

As a buy and hold guy in general, it's probably no surprise that my biggest holdings are Google, Nvidia, Microsoft, and Amazon. Right now, I've got as much in CDs as those four stocks combined, though.
Great blue chips with those.

My biggest are Paypal, Amazon, Google and United Wholesale Mortgage (UWMC).
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-07-2023, 10:21 PM   #13612
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Great blue chips with those.

My biggest are Paypal, Amazon, Google and United Wholesale Mortgage (UWMC).
I need to start taking some wins and move more conservative, but this year has been a good year to have the tech stocks, so I keep letting them ride.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-07-2023, 11:23 PM   #13613
MVP

I'm retired so I don't buy individual stocks. That being said I would have bought Capital One when Buffet bought.

I'm a customer and huge fan of Capital One. They offer great service and rates for their customers.

COF was about $91 when Buffet announced his big buy and it's been between $110‐$120 lately.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 08-08-2023, 05:56 AM   #13614
Seeking the Truth daily

Quote:

I’ll go first.

LLY
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-08-2023, 06:50 AM   #13615
Fish are scared of me

#1 AAPL
#2 AMZN
#3 TSLA/TSLL/TSLY
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-08-2023, 07:16 AM   #13616
Starter

Netflix is my #1. Bought a small position about 20 years ago. With the exception of selling off some to purchase a car a few years ago, I've held the entire time.
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 08-08-2023, 07:21 AM   #13617
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
LLY
LLY is crushing, $500 per share this morning.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-08-2023, 07:28 AM   #13618
Snacks Are Under My Apron

Quote:

I’ll go first.

BA (THE BOEING COMPANY)
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-08-2023, 07:36 AM   #13619
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by myselff77 View Post
Netflix is my #1. Bought a small position about 20 years ago. With the exception of selling off some to purchase a car a few years ago, I've held the entire time.
That tells us all we need to know.

I got into the Netflix game late, and I'm actually down a little bit on it.

Last edited by Rain Man; 08-08-2023 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: Typographical error required fixing.
Old 08-08-2023, 07:36 AM   #13620
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
LLY is crushing, $500 per share this morning.
Honestchieffan is having a really good day today.

I have a small amount of LLY based on his recommendation a while back. I've got a pretty decent sized holding in nvo, which has been a great stock for me, and it's having the same bump today. Weight loss drugs got some good news today.